JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do not open - do not enter - do not clic here

I will not click on the thread ....

I will not open the thread .....

I will not read any of the posts those who do click post ...

And, I certainly will NOT post any comments in this thread ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I would say this thread reminds me of this one but, since I know better than to enter this thread, I guess I will pass on posting that comment.

How do you know the number who see your thread?

Well, I am just guessing :D

No, seriously: when you click on the main page "Forum", go to forum games, trivia and when you click there look at the title Do not...do not and just across or next to it it gives you who wrote last and how many views it had. Hope this makes sense to you so you can find it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That was funny...but, it gave ME something to ponder over. How easy it is to disobey a simple warning. From "do not touch the one tree in the garden", to "do not open a post".  

The funny thing is that i past on this weeks again...but, curiosity led me to finally click on it. So, i'm not judging, because i did "enter the post", just saying we all need to "safeguard our hearts" (Prov4:23), even in something simple as a game. :crackwhip:

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

That was funny...but, it gave ME something to ponder over. How easy it is to disobey a simple warning. From "do not touch the one tree in the garden", to "do not open a post".  

The funny thing is that i past on this weeks again...but, curiosity led me to finally click on it. So, i'm not judging, because i did "enter the post", just saying we all need to "safeguard our hearts" (Prov4:23), even in something simple as a game. :crackwhip:

I'm certainly glad I have never clicked on this thread .... whew!

Not sure if it is just me ... I agree with you but there is (I think) a little bit of difference between giving a warning/direction with nothing else and giving a warning/direction with a clear explanation and /or the consequences and also something that plays a big role is who it is coming from.

I mean in this game: there is no explanation as to why or how come the Title.  So the first instinct is to find out the reason why you should not open it.

If however you get  something like  Do not enter (or do not go there) - Apostate page - Will seriously endanger your spirituality. I believe that is quite clear and if someone still goes that would be a deliberate choice, knowing exactly what he is doing (namely putting himself in danger)

When Jehovah told Adam and Eve not to eat though, he explained clearly the consequences. They had so many proof of what kind of God Jehovah is. They could have recognized in Jehovah a loving father who had everything ready and wonderfully made for them. Jehovah "drew a line" that allowed the first couple to show their appreciation (by choosing Jehovah to be their God, the one to reign over them, obeying him...) So their choice to eat was not out of "curiosity" (some sort of let's see what happens). They knew exactly what they were doing, they knew the consequences. (Even if they did not know what death actually was, they knew exactly it was something bad, and that there was nothing good about it). And like someone's little girl in the forum here said: " I don't need to taste poo to know it is bad!"

So their choice was deliberate, based on knowledge and not a decision made because of ignorance.

So going back to this thread: you came here because there was no explanation what soever ... And if you did not come here...Well, if you are reading this, you entered so, there is no point in carrying that thought on .... :D

Not sure if it is just me ... I agree with you but there is (I think) a little bit of difference between giving a warning/direction with nothing else and giving a warning/direction with a clear explanation and /or the consequences and also something that plays a big role is who it is coming from.

I mean in this game: there is no explanation as to why or how come the Title.  So the first instinct is to find out the reason why you should not open it.

If however you get  something like  Do not enter (or do not go there) - Apostate page - Will seriously endanger your spirituality. I believe that is quite clear and if someone still goes that would be a deliberate choice, knowing exactly what he is doing (namely putting himself in danger)

When Jehovah told Adam and Eve not to eat though, he explained clearly the consequences. They had so many proof of what kind of God Jehovah is. They could have recognized in Jehovah a loving father who had everything ready and wonderfully made for them. Jehovah "drew a line" that allowed the first couple to show their appreciation (by choosing Jehovah to be their God, the one to reign over them, obeying him...) So their choice to eat was not out of "curiosity" (some sort of let's see what happens). They knew exactly what they were doing, they knew the consequences. (Even if they did not know what death actually was, they knew exactly it was something bad, and that there was nothing good about it). And like someone's little girl in the forum here said: " I don't need to taste poo to know it is bad!"

So their choice was deliberate, based on knowledge and not a decision made because of ignorance.

So going back to this thread: you came here because there was no explanation what soever ... And if you did not come here...Well, if you are reading this, you entered so, there is no point in carrying that thought on .... :D

good reasoning

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"