JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Billboard with Jehovah's name on it in Las Vegas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3307 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi all

Just wondering whether any brothers and sisters in Las Vegas know what this billboard is all about

I have just seen a sisters post on Instagram about it but no one seems to know who ( which company /organisation ) is behind it .

Don't think it's anything to do with us as there is no official jw.org logo on it

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

post-2176-0-19497700-1423673877_thumb.jp

Yes I agree with you brother Peter I don't think its us either but that just makes it even more intriguing as to who is actually responsible for it

And don't think its photo shopped either because the sister who posted it seems totally genuine and it even has the reflection from the glass of the car window in the photo

So I'm puzzled lol

I am just seeing this thread. This looks like it is out by the strip.

I can tell you there is a Born Again group that pays for various Billboards - saying "What Happens in Vegas - God Sees!" Its a play on the slogan - "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" OR - John 3:16, but they always say "God".

I'll have a look out for this one. No one I know has mentioned it.

EDIT: The "Thus saith the Lord" one - that I have seen. But again - notice it says "Lord". I have not seen one with Jehovah on it - yet. I'll keep you posted. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yep, its here:

post-272-0-98839100-1423680401_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-85898900-1423684149_thumb.jpg

Its not a witness who would have done this.

At least none that I could imagine.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Copycats. In a sense.

In our territory, there's a church called "Kingdom Church." And in downtown Brooklyn there's another church called the "Brooklyn Tabernacle." Another copycat because it's said that it's filled with apostates and the inside of the "tabernacle" was made to resemble the assembly hall here.

As a matter of fact, at a very busy train station here there are christendom members giving out their tracts.

Edited by Luezette

I offered a pocket letter today to a woman in MacDonalds containing 2 tracts..Controls the World and Suffering tracts...On the little green envelope it says: "Worldwide Suffering..The Cause, the Solution!" I told her about our free website and videos for our children..She accepted the letter and then took out a tall tract the size of ours..but black and white..not very interesting layout..and she said she had something she would like to give me! I thanked her but said "no thank you"..she said..Then why should I take yours? I said "you don't have to if you don't want to"..she kept it..so since we were still in line, I changed the subject to cell phones etc.! So..I guess my little green envelope intrigued her somehow! Wait till she sees OUR beautiful tracts!!!post-2322-0-10800100-1423691904_thumb.jp

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

One day my youngest daughter and I were in line at a supermarket. I offered the cashier a tract (the small ones at that time) about the family. The cashier accepted it and looking at it she said "what a good looking family." That made my daughter later ask me why are the church tracts so dull but ours aren't. It kind of had me stumped a bit so I asked a sister and the answer was so simply evident, "they appeal to the public."

It's true.

This is cool.

Gives Testimony to what the scriptures say...

forget the place.. but..THEN!!! they shall have to Know Jehovah..

Jehovah declares his name far & Wide.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

doesn't matter who is responsible for it ~

it is the name of our Father, the Creator,

the only true God.

i love it.  :wub:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Well said Renee. ☺

Isaiah 42:8 - I am Jehovah. That is my name;

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

doesn't matter who is responsible for it ~
  it is the name of our Father, the Creator,
  the only true God.

i love it.  :wub:

At least is not above the totally nude dancers place a few doors down! That is NOT an association we want people to make  :eek: 

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

I passed a church once (in Monroe, GA) that had a sign that had the name Jehovah on it.  I don't remember everything it said and I did not get a picture.  There was some kind of performance being advertised and the sign actually had the name, "Jehovah."  I am surprised they did not change it to "the Lord."  It was a couple of years ago and I did not have a camera in my cell phone.

some local friends are passing thru Vegas next wk and want to see this,

brother Jerry could you please offer landmark for this billboard... 'across from/ next to... to help them find it?

thanks so much :)

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

The flaunting of the world's degenerate condition is really disturbing my TV time. Consider this a prayer to our great God, Jehovah.

Thank You Jehovah, for giving us a TV channel we can watch without someone welcoming a gay couple, unwed couples, as normal behavior. I can access tv.jw.org, and truly am so thankful. Bless your holy name, and I (and other Witnesses) pray daily for it to be sanctified throughout the entire world. Please accept my prayer in the name of our new King, Jesus.

As it says in one of the new songs.  

The flaunting of the world's degenerate condition is really disturbing my TV time. Consider this a prayer to our great God, Jehovah.

Thank You Jehovah, for giving us a TV channel we can watch without someone welcoming a gay couple, unwed couples, as normal behavior. I can access tv.jw.org, and truly am so thankful. Bless your holy name, and I (and other Witnesses) pray daily for it to be sanctified throughout the entire world. Please accept my prayer in the name of our new King, Jesus.

As it says in one of the new songs.  

I agree with these sentiments .... but what does it have to do with this thread?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

heading which direction?

It is on the East side of the freeway and can be seen heading either direction.

If you look at the picture you will see Trump Hotel in the background. I took my picture heading South and on the exit ramp for Sahara. That puts it close to the X.

post-272-0-64559600-1424189079_thumb.jpg

Soon .....