JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why paper edition comes first ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3346 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We already have received paper edition of the public Watchtower for May (just unpacked new stock 2 days ago)

There is no sign of this magazine on JW.ORG ?

Why paper edition comes first ? Does anyone know more details ? Is there any reason behind it ? Is it just in Australia ?

post-4085-0-79909900-1423894897_thumb.jp

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Oh, that's interesting, you're right, not here either. Look at that captivating picture, you wanna take a peek inside and share some of the contents...hmmm??

Hope to see it soon. BUT that's ALL the way in MAY! Arggg.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I'm only guessing, and I don't know what software the branch uses.  But my guess that the magazines need to be converted from whatever format they use to produce the magazines to PDF format, and this is done after the magazines goes to the printing presses.

Also there seems to be strict schedule as to when magazines/kms are released on the website.  It is nearly always a Thursday evening (GMT).  First week - Study Edition, 2nd - Public Edition, 3rd - Awake, 4th - Simplified Edition.

They are probably ready many days beforehand, they just wait until the scheduled time.

We already have received paper edition of the public Watchtower for May (just unpacked new stock 2 days ago)

There is no sign of this magazine on JW.ORG ?

you wanna take a peek inside and share some of the contents...hmmm??

Edited by timpin

you wanna take a peek inside and share some of the contents...hmmm??

Ok ...

Main article is about the .. the End.  ...  Is the end near  (general info)

Another good one is from  "Imitate Their Faith / Joseph .. title  "Am I in the Place of God ? "

The article streches from page 12- 15 ...and it's about forgivness ...

Also on page 10 we have another lifestory of a brother  and content is linked to mercy and forgivness

(Story of Normand Pelletier ... he was defrauder and gambler.)

The back page  "What is Judgement Day"

Tha't the highlight of the magazine. :)

Another picture below.

post-4085-0-63768800-1423958316_thumb.jp

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I'm only guessing, and I don't know what software the branch uses.  But my guess that the magazines need to be converted from whatever format they use to produce the magazines to PDF format, and this is done after the magazines goes to the printing presses.

They use MEPS Composition to create the page layout. MEPS Composition generates industry-standard PostScript files that are converted into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro's Distiller component. The file posted on the website are further processed first and foremost to reduce image resolution. The original PostScript/PDF files sent to the printing branches are several times the size of the files we download, because the image resolution is usually 150 pixels per inch for the web-published PDFs and 300 or even 600 ppi for the files used to produce the printing plates, and sometimes (for example with the tracts) pages need to be adjusted differently than for print. The web-ready PDFs are then uploaded via the JW.org Apps content-management system into the Akamai Cloud that hosts the downloads and indexed into a database which determines what is shown to be available on the site. Publications are available via their permlink for some time even after they do not appear to be available through the website interface.