JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library 2014 CD for Mobile devices

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3327 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just received my Watchtower Library for 2014 on CDRom. I've loaded it onto my desktop computer but was wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown on what it takes to use the "install for Mobile" setting on the CD. Is a tablet considered a "PDA device"? If you can install the library on tablet, can someone give some quick details on doing it for Android tablets? Will it install into isilo? I'm thinking I read somewhere else that it can't install in tablets but thought perhaps that might change since so many are using tablets now - perhaps the organization has taken that into account with this CD.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The only mobile device it will install to would be those running a version of Windows. Either the old "Windows Mobile" or the new Windows 8.

It will not install to an Android or Apple device. You will need to run the isilo library files.

I didn't know it works in Windows 8! I thought it was only for the old Windows Mobile devices.

Although thinking it better, in a phone or tablet with Windows 8 you can run the full version, so why would anyone install the more limited mobile one?

The only mobile device it will install to would be those running a version of Windows. Either the old "Windows Mobile" or the new Windows 8.

It will not install to an Android or Apple device. You will need to run the isilo library files.

The isilo library files are no longer provided after 2014 thought right?  So the 2013 WTLibrary is as far as I can go with isilo?

I didn't know it works in Windows 8! I thought it was only for the old Windows Mobile devices.

Although thinking it better, in a phone or tablet with Windows 8 you can run the full version, so why would anyone install the more limited mobile one?

Even though they are no longer selling "Windows mobile" there are still some older devices (PDA's) out there, so that is what the WTL "Mobile" on the CD ROM  is for.

The isilo library files are no longer provided after 2014 thought right?  So the 2013 WTLibrary is as far as I can go with isilo?

Yes

I guess Chuck was referring to the compatibility of the CD-ROM...

Mobile version for Windows Mobile through version 6.5 (doesn't work on Windows phone 7 or later)

Full version for any Windows 8 (or 8.1)

Anyone with a windows phone 8 may be able to use the full version also when windows gets upgraded to version 10 as this will be a cross platform OS (including all current wp8 phones)

Let me approach this problem from a different way now:  Does anyone here (or CAN anyone here) explain how to convert the Watchtower Library's .pub files to .pdb files to be used in isilo and do it in a way that then can easily be found to transfer them to my tablet.  If I can do it myself, then I won't have to worry about this again.  I'm assuming I'll need a file converter program and if so, which would be the best to use for this?  I've done research on the internet but any info I've found there is incomplete or sketchy to say the least so I can't fully grasp the proper way to create the 4 files I need to transfer the 2014 WTLIB to isilo in my tablet.

Alright, after going to meekspace I now realize this will be an impossible task for me to do on my own. I'll just follow the instruction there and use isilo for any info before 2013 and then use the research guide and jw.org for anything after 2013.

Hi Brigette..There have been many discussions about this on Meekspace...What I have done is put the 2013 Wt. pdb Library on my phone and tablet using isilo and then I made sure I have all 2014 Watchtowers and Awakes, KMs, Books etc. catagorized in Moon Reader Pro..then, I can look up something in the Research Guide and if I want to find a point I can go to the Insight or book or magazine or KM offline.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Are we talking about the same thing Elizabeth? The files I am talking about are currently on the new 2014 CD and need to be converted to .pdb files so I can access them in isilo. Do you have a different way of putting them in your android device? I now how to get the files into Moon Reader Pro and Adobe Reader and from the Watchtower online app and jw.org but I'm interested in adding the last years publications to my isilo app. So, if you know how to do that or to get the entire new WTLib CD into isilo please p.m. me!

Edited by shali

Are we talking about the same thing Elizabeth? The files I am talking about are currently on the new 2014 CD and need to be converted to .pdb files so I can access them in isilo. Do you have a different way of putting them in your android device? I now how to get the files into Moon Reader Pro and Adobe Reader and from the Watchtower online app and jw.org but I'm interested in adding the last years publications to my isilo app. So, if you know how to do that or to get the entire new WTLib CD into isilo please p.m. me!

The cd-rom files have a proprietary format, so there is no tool to convert those files to pdb.

What you can do Is to open every file from the cd-rom, copy the entire text, past into word. Then extract all scriptures from the clipboard and past to word also

Then make a link from every scripture in the document to the respective cited scripture on the last pasted part.

Then save the result as an html

Do this for each document

Then do an index to a documents

Then use isilox to convert the main index html file to pdb.

As you understand, unless you have advanced macro skills, this will take a huge amount of time!

So I advice you stick to what Elizabeth said and forget what you want to do ;)

Yes, that does sound like a tremendous undertaking, how kind of the brothers at meekspace to go through all that work for us all these years. I'll just have to get used to a different "system" of looking stuff up on my tablet. No biggie.

Brigette..I am speaking about the 2013 Wt. Library files you receive from Meekspace by email and then download these pdb files into your Android device..then move them to your Documents/isilo folder...it can get tricky...so that is what I offered to help you with..not the 2014 cd rom from the Society.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Oh, thanks Elizabeth. I may take you up on that. Right now I have the entire 2013 WTLib CD in isilo (did it last year) but haven't added any new files since. If I get to the point where I want to, it's so nice to know you are willing to help! Thanks!

Oh, thanks Elizabeth. I may take you up on that. Right now I have the entire 2013 WTLib CD in isilo (did it last year) but haven't added any new files since. If I get to the point where I want to, it's so nice to know you are willing to help! Thanks!

Brigette,

I suggest also this approach

Download all books and magazines from 2014

Them use the app below

It has great search abilities, searching inside pdf's and epub's. It gives a list of relevant results with a small preview. I found it to be great!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chocosoft.as

Brigette,

I suggest also this approach

Download all books and magazines from 2014

Them use the app below

It has great search abilities, searching inside pdf's and epub's. It gives a list of relevant results with a small preview. I found it to be great!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chocosoft.as

Thanks so much!!!! I will!

I just received my Watchtower Library for 2014 on CDRom. I've loaded it onto my desktop computer but was wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown on what it takes to use the "install for Mobile" setting on the CD. Is a tablet considered a "PDA device"? If you can install the library on tablet, can someone give some quick details on doing it for Android tablets? Will it install into isilo? I'm thinking I read somewhere else that it can't install in tablets but thought perhaps that might change since so many are using tablets now - perhaps the organization has taken that into account with this CD.

Go to Ebay and search for HTC HD2 phones, it is so much worth it. I got mine and use it during my work breaks sometimes. 

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)