JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cali...fornia

Calif...ornia.. :)

I was born in California and have lived on both ends of the state and I have never heard a Californian say Cali. It's usually Cal or Calif.

Sometimes you'll see it as NorCal or SoCal, but not Cali.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cali

TOP DEFINITION

Cali

2) An annoying name for California.

-----------------------------

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=caligirl

TOP DEFINITION

of or pertaining to a girl who lives in california. Generally tan, pretty, and a surfer, sometimes just a beachbunnie. Generally considered the prettiest girls in the US.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Holding this avocado in my hand

I’m suddenly struck by the perfection.

I wonder if anyone else can understand

our utterly beautiful connection.

I’m drawn to your green wrinkled skin

and the effect you have on my vitality.

Is it so crazy to love you like my next of kin

and to never want to come back to reality?

Yes, you are a divine fruit from a tree

and most people may not realize that.

Oh, avocado you nourish me

with silky, healthy, healing fat.

I must eat you day and night

and trust me, any recipe will do.

Plain, salty, sweet, it’s always a delight

to have one, well okay, maybe a few.

Avocado, I am sure this will get some hype

as I announce to the world my addiction.

You’re sitting in my hands so perfectly ripe

I think I’ll have you tonight – that’s my prediction.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I think the forum guidelines say that if a topic has not received a post in three days that it can be legally hijacked..

So, here is something I didn't know about California.

California existed in European literature way before Europeans settled the Western U.S. It wasn't a state filled with vineyards and movie stars, but an island in the West Indies filled with gold and women. The fictional paradise, first mentioned in the early 1500s by Spanish author Garci Ordóñez de Montalvo in his novel Las Sergas de Esplandián, is ruled by Queen Califia and “inhabited by black women, without a single man among them, [living in] the manner of Amazons.” The island is said to be “one of the wildest in the world on account of the bold and craggy rocks... everywhere abounds with gold and precious stones” and is home to griffins and other mythical beasts.

While there is some consensus that the area was named for the fictional island, scholars have also suggested that the name comes from the Catalan words calor (“hot”) and forn (“oven”) or from a Native America phrase, kali forno (“high hill”).
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Richard- first I think your avatar has his bandanna down a little low! 

Next, I know you will NOT believe me but I swear it's true- after you said you weren't familiar with my abbreviation, Cali, I got to thinking about the name California- where did that name come from anyway!! I swear I did and have been thinking about it since and was planning on looking it up. I'm so glad you did, I haven't had the time. That was interesting. 

.......................still can't believe you looked it up, awesome......

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Richard- first I think your avatar has his bandanna down a little low! 

I was warned that I would get duct taped if I made 5000 posts in less than a year...they weren't kidding!

Next, I know you will NOT believe me but I swear it's true- after you said you weren't familiar with my abbreviation, Cali, I got to thinking about the name California- where did that name come from anyway!! I swear I did and have been thinking about it since and was planning on looking it up. I'm so glad you did, I haven't had the time. That was interesting. 

.......................still can't believe you looked it up, awesome......

I have looked it before but this is the first time that I have seen this explanation. I'm glad I looked it up. Thx!

I truly think California should be 2 separate states. Most people think of California as Southern Calif. but the most beautiful part of California is the Northern and therefore Northern Calif. should be separated from Southern. 

Also the people are different from Northern, most are not as materialistic and they love the earth and many garden too. Southern has more cement all over the place also and is just not as pretty as Northern. 

I was warned that I would get duct taped if I made 5000 posts in less than a year...they weren't kidding!

I'm laughing so hard! Tears rolling down, That's funny, they really did!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Also the people are different from Northern, most are not as materialistic and they love the earth and many garden too. Southern has more cement all over the place also and is just not as pretty as Northern. 

When I was growing up in SoCal there were strawberry fields and orange groves all over the place. The last time I was there, those areas were built on. It has grown a lot...<sigh>

I'm laughing so hard! Tears rolling down, That's funny, they really did!

It's my new look. I was thinking of shaving the mustache anyway... :D

When I was growing up in SoCal there were strawberry fields and orange groves all over the place. The last time I was there, those areas were built on. It has grown a lot...<sigh>

I know very sad. My aunt lived in So. Calif. but she now has died 4 yrs ago but it is not very pretty in So. Calif. anymore.

Most of the people in Oklahoma/Arkansas say that they have family or have visited family in Calif. and they all say in Bakersfield and I am always telling them that that is not Calif. That is desert and exactly like the dust bowel. lol

I know very sad. My aunt lived in So. Calif. but she now has died 4 yrs ago but it is not very pretty in So. Calif. anymore.

Most of the people in Oklahoma/Arkansas say that they have family or have visited family in Calif. and they all say in Bakersfield and I am always telling them that that is not Calif. That is desert and exactly like the dust bowel. lol

Ouch. Bakersfield is like Denny's restaurant, you don't go to Denny's, you end up at Denny's...

Venus appreciate the adorable avocado poem   :wub:

more ideas for overripe avocado...

add to soups or smoothies

for those who enjoy 'raw' vegan style diet, whisk or whip with a little cocoa, & cinn, 2 T honey for a scrumptious mousse dessert

or make a salad dressing by mashing avocado with lemon, garlic & herbs

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16