JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I'm making sure favorite (cooking) threads don't "lock" after 365 days so I'm bumping this up!

If nobody has used it for a year, locking it and archiving it might not be such a bad idea, right?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

52 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

I know a lot of people sneer at avocados...but, I love me some

guacamole and chips....and a margarita on the side....I am in

hog heaven.:eat:

Never sneer at an avocado!  :D I love them. :)  Also if you have an over ripe one you can mash it and plaster it on your face and neck - leave  it on for as long as you can.  When you rinse it off your skin will be as soft as a babies bottom :)

• 5 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, Naturale said:

Never sneer at an avocado!  :D I love them. :)  Also if you have an over ripe one you can mash it and plaster it on your face and neck - leave  it on for as long as you can.  When you rinse it off your skin will be as soft as a babies bottom :)

I too had been tossing out the overripe ones … all too often they go from not ready to unhappy and the cost of them makes that a sad thing … but a facial spa treatment … well that takes away that disappointment.  Never thought to use them that way.  Like any face mask - I do giggle at the thought of what the mirror would reflect :)

I've been tossing out overripe avocadoes, but not to often, as I purchase them one half dozen at a time.  I use to cook with Avocado oil also.  I just might give that a try.
Hmmm why are you going to try it? to be more :
Optimistic
Marvelous
Outstanding
Youthful
Elegant
Memorable
Eminent

Enjoy your avocado mask!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NW2018 said:

I too had been tossing out the overripe ones … all too often they go from not ready to unhappy and the cost of them makes that a sad thing … but a facial spa treatment … well that takes away that disappointment.  Never thought to use them that way.  Like any face mask - I do giggle at the thought of what the mirror would reflect :)

It reflects someone from another planet :D

I bought 2 this morning at Walmart, $1.48.  I think that’s about the best price around.  They were $1.18 a week or so ago, until trump started threatening Mexico,  thanks again Donald for totally doing what you do best, that is making a mess of things.  I want to have some avocado trees in the new system,  they grow kinda slow but somehow I don’t think that’s gonna be an issue, eh?  🙂

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

Last week one of our local stores had a great sale on avocadoes: $0.69 cents a piece.  As much as I love them, I was tempted to buy more than the usual, but that wouldn't have been a good idea.  However,  I think I'll just peel and freeze them for later use. 

I'm like you Brother Paul. I want an avocado tree in my back yard too in God'sNew World. (I just hope my pet giraffe doesn't eat them all!  :()

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...