JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah Witnesses Praised by Pope?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3323 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This was translated into English by someone and I split it into paragraphs. Enjoy

POPE Francisco (Francis) PRAISES JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WORLDWIDE .. Moving - Pascom Porto Feliz:

Catholic Conference discusses increasing Witnesses ...

What leads so many people to become Jehovah's Witnesses? This was the question asked by some clerics, as shown by the following quotations. For example, in Bologna, Italy, the ecclesiastical authorities, with the approval of the pope, held a conference to discuss ways to combat the success of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Catholic Church raised a "cry of alarm", the newspaper La Republica says, because every year ten thousand Catholics become Jehovah's Witnesses. The Jesuit Giuseppe De Rosa said that "the religious point of view the most dangerous are Jehovah's Witnesses. They come fully trained and always have the Bible in hand." In an article that deals specifically with Jehovah's Witnesses, the Jesuit journal La Civilta Cattolica said: "The first reason for the spread of this movement are the propaganda techniques [ie, in preaching].

Forum Policy prohibits posting entire article. (Copyright infringement)

Source

Select preferred language in translation box at the bottom of article.

Edited by lynn

I came here cause I heard the word chocolate.

I wonder if they will investigate the real reason WHY we meet those needs.  It's not because each of us is a data analyst, with years of market research in meeting the needs of the people.  We are unlettered and ordinary in comparison to others of today's world.

Such an examination would only force them to conclude we have acquired this understanding through none other than God himself.  I recall when I first started studying that these people were so nice and kind it seemed a farce.  Then there were all peoples of all nations worshipping together, it wasn't a boring service, it was a dynamic, ever changing and interesting.  

I hated the songs though.  Then they even changed that!  These songs, they reach right into your heart and divide it too!  Just like the bible does because they are based on each scripture.  Even my son, who has been away commented -- he's like wow, the words to these songs are so personal.

My son's fiancee, she says when I go to the meetings I HEAR TRUTH -- that made me laugh inside.  She's like, I've attended other churches and none of it made sense.  This makes sense.  She attended several meetings and freaked out, and hasn't been since.  LOL Why?  Because she knows she will have to make changes.  If her heart is right though, she will come again.  

Love it or hate it, the witnesses have God's spirit and with it, we will go and do whatever Jehovah says, wherever he says we need to.

Yesterday I read in the yearbook Ukraine has a publisher ration of 1:200

The growth there must have been exponential

No wonder the Orthodox church there has their undies in a bunch and is manipulating the separtists into taking away the Kingdom Halls.

So they're scared of us, eh? They'll be so surprised find out who the real source of their doom is . . .