JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gods Kingdom Rules!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3319 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I wanted to start a Topic about that , but i thought that there was already one...

The first thing that i did after i had download the book:

- Check the edition ( December 2014)

- And check if the new understanding about Gog were already there ( its seems not)

References to Special Assembly Days (page 170) and District Overseers (page 191) have been corrected! But not Gog of Magog (page 227)? Well, the new understanding is in the May 15, 2015, Watchtower. So we'll have to wait for the June 2015 printing of the book to see a correction on that.

an adjustment to "A letter from the Governing Body"  (para. 3) has been intensified!  

...   "has ALWAYS been on the move"  is now

...   "has been MOVING AT AN EXTREMELY BRISK PACE"  

... http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/gods-kingdom/governing-body-letter/     ....  ain't that the truth!

Edited by timpin

the neat thing about it being posted on our website is that this publication

is now available for the whole world to see...

those interested or curious, strayed sheep...

everyone.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I actually found a big change. Take your hard paper copy of the book and the digital and go to page 153. They changed the picture of Vahan Bayatyan and they replaced it with another one of brothers in Armenia. What's interesting is that the paper copy calls Bayatyan a "brother" on paragraph 14, however the new edition doesn't mention him as so. Pretty sad.... But... Well, at least that's what I see in the Haitian Creole edition (feb 2015). Go on a check.

In my English versions, all still mention Vahan Bayatyan and the text of paragraph 14 (to which the pic is referenced) seems the same in all. Only the picture is changed.

Paper - Feb. 2014 edition - has pic of Br Bayatyan in the Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights (ECRH)

WT-LIB 2014 - Oct. 2014 edition - has the same pic as the Feb 2014 paper edition I have.

JW-APP - Feb 2014 update - shows a pic of many brothers, perhaps outside this court? - Caption reads: Brothers in Armenia are grateful for the ECRH ruling that protects the rights of those who conscientiously object to military service based on their religious beliefs.

Edited by Anakalia

OK - tried to edit but it wasn't letting me -

There is only one word difference in that paragraph - my first 2 versions are the same

but

in the JW-APP version from the Feb 2015 update in the middle of the paragraph they remove "Brother" and replace it with "Vahan" (his first name as mentioned at start of paragraph.

This is also the version (of the 3 I have) that has the pic changed.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)