JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oysters on the Half Shell

Anybody here like raw oysters? I have been wanting to go eat them for weeks.....Finally tonight I went to Bistro Orleans; I heard about it on the radio. Yum, Yum!

They had a happy hour special from 4-7 only $6.00 a dozen fresh shucked at the oyster bar. Very satisfied.... I ate two dozen, had some crackers and  a nice cold beer in a nice restaurant.

Oh yum! I love that. We also like them BBQ with red sauce. It's our oyster season too, a sister I ride to meetings with is in the oyster business and I can get them when I ask. Oh so good!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Lori what is oysters kilpatrick?, ......Mandi I love them with lemon also, I can't afford to eat out much, but ya gotta admit $6 is a real bargain for a dozen, yum yum...I like to mix extra horseradish in the cocktail sauce and I add lemon juice, slap on a cracker and eat "em up, lol.... :uhhuh:

April, oysters kilpatrick are raw oysters with finely chopped bacon and Worcester sauce poured over top.

Pop them under the grill for a few minutes (or less) to cook the bacon  - keep an eye on 'em!

Serve on a bed of rock salt.

Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!

Edited by 50gumbys

I love em only had em once. Its was for our anniversary last year. oyster on the shell set with a few chopped hot peppers and put on top of a shot glass filled with vodka. Pour the oyster in and slug it back. Yummy. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I don't understand why I love to cook and try different t dishes but I can am closed minded about  eating certain things.  It sounds elegant!  oysters on the half shell but  yet I can feel my mouth watering ==and not in a good way--  when I think about these type of things.  I really want to try them but just cannot bring myself to.  Please tell me they do not taste like chicken.  I think I am worried abound the texture.  And if I can keep them down!  I have a problem with vomiting easily and so am afriad I would embrass everyone with me!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

That would be good wow. I thought the same way about the feel of them. But once I tried them wow. No big deal. I could eat a pile of them in short order. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Leslie, its one of those foods you either love it or you don't. lol, now some friends don't like them raw but will eat them fried. I love them I can put away two dozen really fast, lol :) You might like them chargrilled, cause the texture changes to more firm.

I am probably going back Friday to get another couple of dozen, for only $6.00 a really good deal.....yum yum :chef:

Have some for me!  I believe I would definitly like the Bloody Mary Mix and lemon slice but if you swallow the oyster raw---why even do it?

You can practice by swallowing an egg in your beer. Much the same feeling as it slides down. Just don't get the giggles midway.

Don't ask how I know.  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It's a date, lol. Me and another sis are going Friday for Delicious Oysters on the Half Shell, I will take a picture and post. I am on a budget, so am thrilled to find a restaurant $6 a dozen, I get to eat for less than 20..... :ecstatic:  I may splurge and get an extra dozen.yum yum!!!!

I love Oysters too. Now. But I didn't so much growing up. 

Then One Anniversary I said to Andrew My hubby would he put one in my mouth he did. OMGs. Yes yummo.

I Love the Sydney Rock Oysters. Yeah a Squeeze of Lemon or Lime Juice.. 
I Love adding some chilli & shallots & sweet soy. Pretty good,

$6 a dozen is awesome. Here they are a bit expensive. But a good treat sometimes:)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 months later...