JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Question on JW Broadcasting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3337 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

you can use an memory stick (USB)

or

WI-FI Direct .... connect you device to the TV, play the movie on your tablet and select share (there is a button somewhere in your media player) and Wi-Fi Direct - it will work as a screen mirroring; the video playing on the tablet will play on your TV as well

- there are many methods

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

you can use an memory stick (USB)

or

WI-FI Direct .... connect you device to the TV, play the movie on your tablet and select share (there is a button somewhere in your media player) and Wi-Fi Direct - it will work as a screen mirroring; the video playing on the tablet will play on your TV as well

- there are many methods

What is a memory stick? Is it the same as a flash drive? I have flash drives.

it depends on the type of TV - the flash drive may open automatically or you may have to search in the TV Menu

P.S. - Also, it could be a possibility that your TV may not read the flash drive - see the Instructions Manual

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

You first have to copy the video in the USB stick, then connect it to your tv. :)[/quote

I know. I just don't know if there is a usb imput in the back of her TV.

If the TV is old (relatively speaking) it won't have an usb port. And even if it has it may read only photos and not video. You must check the TV manual

Or just look in the back and see if there is an usb port. And try on the menus of the TV to select it (normally some information should appear when you insert a flash drive)

If it isn't compatible with USB but has hdmi you can buy a cable that has micro usb on one side and hdmi on the other, to connect a tablet or phone and play the videos from there.

If the TV is even older the best option is to burn the videos on a DVD

My laptop has a HDMI connector that I use to connect it to my tv. But it all depends on the age of the TV. Older TV's may not have a HDMI or USB port. In which case there is always the burn to DVD option. That would require additional software on your part, but when it comes to our mothers is cost really a factor? Most modern gaming consoles play video beautifully as well, i.e. PS3/4 Xbox 360/One. Apple also sells a iPad/iPhone to RCA/HDMI cable that has saved me a couple times.

My laptop has a HDMI connector that I use to connect it to my tv. But it all depends on the age of the TV. Older TV's may not have a HDMI or USB port. In which case there is always the burn to DVD option. That would require additional software on your part, but when it comes to our mothers is cost really a factor? Most modern gaming consoles play video beautifully as well, i.e. PS3/4 Xbox 360/One. Apple also sells a iPad/iPhone to RCA/HDMI cable that has saved me a couple times.

My mother recently bought a new 40" TV and I know she has a hdmi input. I also know she isn't using it. She uses the A/V inputs to watch TV. I'm just not sure if she has a USB input. Thanks for the info.

Edited by mserskine

HDMI cable works great. We did that with my laptop for the November broadcast before we got a Roku.

I don't think I have a hdmi output on my computer. Do they make a USB - HDMI cable and if so, where can I get one?

I just got to the last post and was really getting excited with the information.

Because apparently we have an HDMI port in our TV.

( a friend staying with us has Blu-Ray videos and has plugged her Blue-Ray thingy into it !)

I'll cruise by later!

Bro Michael, dont you worry if you have a fast internet connection on your tablet and you have the JW library what you will need to do is to update the JW library there you will see all the JW broadcasting starting from October 2014 till March 2015. What you need to do is to click and select the pixcel size you can download on your tablet depending your tablet screen resolution and the size of your memory card.

Thank you.

Bro. Peter

Nigeria

I don't think I have a hdmi output on my computer. Do they make a USB - HDMI cable and if so, where can I get one?

Additionally, you can check out Best Buy, Staples, Radio Shack.  You might also try USB to USB connection and plug your laptop into the TV that way.

I had an older laptop that I used an S-video to RCA output and hooked the laptop up to an older TV that way.  

Also, as noted above, if your Mom's TV is a smart TV, then using a thumb drive or USB drive should also work.  Load the video on the drive, plug the drive into the TV and navigate to the video file.