JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sad news from Palm Coast Bethel

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2399 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Brother Seante Richardson of Mobile, Alabama, was found dead on Sunday

PALM COAST, Fla. -

Authorities say an Alabama man was found dead inside a dorm room at a Jehovah's Witness training center in Flagler County.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported that Seante Richardson of Mobile, Alabama, was found dead on Sunday. Authorities checked on him after his wife and co-workers hadn't heard from him since the previous Friday.

Volusia County Sheriff's officials say Richardson, had been staying at the Palm Coast center for two weeks. He was working on a project to translate the Bible into sign language.

Officials are awaiting toxicology reports before releasing an autopsy report.

Sheriff's officials say there were no signs of injury or suspicious activity.

The center issued a statement late Thursday saying they are saddened by Richardson's death and are providing spiritual support to his family.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

If someone dies of natural causes, it usually isn't reported in a newspaper.  So why is this being reported?  It's not newsworthy as far as the public is concerned.  But it can be sensationalised because the brother died at a "Jehovah's Witnesses training centre". 

May Jehovah comfort the family and friends of our brother.

We live in Daytona..didn't hear about this until tuning into JWTalk! I guess someone will mention it at our meeting today..a number of friends here go to Palm Coast to help out..quite a shock..especially for family members..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Very sad indeed.

Another way of looking at it is that he died doing Jehovah's work. He died right on the job. Slaving away for Jehovah.

He must have made his family proud. Despite the sadness caused by death he died on the frontline.

I want to slave for Jehovah too. To the very end.

Until paradise we await.

May Jehovah comfort the family.

The Brother was in his 30's and by all that was known - he was healthy ..... he had played basketball earlier in the day.

It came as a surprise/shock to his family and those who knew him.

So sorry to hear this news. Hope and praying for wife and friends affected by this. :-/

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

If someone dies of natural causes, it usually isn't reported in a newspaper.  So why is this being reported?  It's not newsworthy as far as the public is concerned.  But it can be sensationalised because the brother died at a "Jehovah's Witnesses training centre". 

May Jehovah comfort the family and friends of our brother.

At times they usually do mention natural causes in the paper, etc. It all depends who write the article. let us not hope this issue is sensationalised because, many people died at home because of cancer, etc, in which it at times mentioned in the paper why they died. However, they will not mentioned a person died at home because a drug overdose. Why? Sensation.

Edited by Dustparticle

I'm thinking an undiagnosed medical condition. My thoughts.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Its not unheard of a young man having a heart attack. Even an aneurysm could be to blame. Never know. I could have dropped dead from mine. Most of the time they never know a person had one till they do an autopsy.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I'm thinking an undiagnosed medical condition. My thoughts.

very possible, Ashley. A brother, one of our congregation, was playing basketball, and dropped right there, mid game. There was no sign of a problem beforehand. Sad, as he left a wife and 2 daughters to fend for themselves in this old world. Let the Kingdom come, Please!!!!!!

John,

If he was only in his 30s and was known to otherwise be very healthy, do they have any idea at this point of the cause

of his death? Or is this is just some thing that just has to wait while authorities do their investigation ? That truly is sad

news, for all of the local brothers, the Center, and his family. Did you by any chance know him ?

GStorrs46

I did not personally know him but some in our Congregation did.

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2015 at 6:54 AM, Qapla said:

I did not personally know him but some in our Congregation did.

So, I have to admit that this is how I found this website. In a sad way. I knew this brother back in the day and was looking to reconnect only to find out he passed. Qapla I'm trying to find some of his relatives who were also in our congregation. Would be curious if your friends know of the Coates brothers.