JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Article about our KH

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3295 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/local-news/20150320/all-fired-up-obsolete-building-sails-heavenward-helping-train-firefighters

I was looking forward to seeing this.

See those icky mauve vertical blinds?? Ugh, the color in there will not be missed by me! And I say "good riddance" to the creaky floor. Sneaking quietly back to the bathroom never happened. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Yes, that colour dated early, didn't it?  The hall where I was married has had a couple of facelifts, and is having another one straight after the memorial (memories of burnt orange and mission brown colour scheme - yick!).  I don't think they will be letting the local fire brigade do any practicing there :)

So, who clears up all the debris? Fireys or the brothers?

Our brothers had the excavator and other equipment. It was all burnt down and the bad soil taken away to be recycled. Fresh sand, loads and loads of fresh sand was hauled in for under the concrete slab.

Back on task this week after all the inspections yesterday and tomorrow are done. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I helped build our KH in the early 1970's. It lasted for about 40 years and then we noticed that the roof began to sag. The trusses gave way, causing the building to be unfit to use. We had to "borrow" two other KH's to use until the new one was built. I helped in tearing down the old hall, it was fun. I was privileged to help build the new hall in 2010.

Jehovah helped in that from start to finish it only took 10 months. It usually takes longer to get the drawings approved and construction to start.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we are in FULL swing now with the build. All the available houses are full of brothers and sisters, full to the rafters! We have 2 brothers in the 'man cave' tonight, a sister in my GD's room tomorrow (she works in the food truck and I want to pick her brain, I'm thinking of signing up for that) and expect another 2 couples by Thursday. Yippee.

Here are 2 brothers who came tonight, Alex and Edgar. Alex is really gabby like us and the other, Edgar, is the quiet one, bless his heart I hope we didn't shock him too much!  When they arrived we had 2 brothers here who ran the shuttle for 13 hours and were red-eyed zombies and needed sustenance-  stew, fresh bread and '4 fingers', 2 wasn't enough. When they're here they talk and talk!! Alex kept up with them but I think we were a bit boisterous for Edgar. By this writing Edgar is more relaxed and talkative so I think he got over his initial shock!

Then the project co-ordinator arrived, and 2 other couples, in his RV, the big one at the end of the driveway. They stay pretty much in their own RV, can't imagine how tired they must be!

So here's the pic's so far. I have to say I am loving this and this is how I imagine how the NS will be. For me anyway. I love to share my home, insist that people feel comfortable in getting in the frig or pantry or the 'chip drawer'. I deal well with living around others as long as I'm not the one to do the entertaining, they just do their own thing. Perfect!

And this is a pic of the KH as of yesterday. Starting tomorrow the rafters go up and the roof and walls up by weekend. Will try to get a pic. 

post-1083-0-81449000-1429069174_thumb.jp

post-1083-0-83473000-1429069194_thumb.jp

post-1083-0-80179400-1429069213_thumb.jp