JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Science fiction

I like flash also but it will have a second season (starts on Oct)

While I wait for the second season of The Flash with Grant Gustin I can enjoy the 1990 version of The Flash with John Wesley Shipp. Using the Web site no commercials are shown. With the cwseed app,you see commercials.

I am waiting to see the Jay Garrick /Flash brought onto the new show in the second season also. It should be interesting.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

While I wait for the second season of The Flash with Grant Gustin I can enjoy the 1990 version of The Flash with John Wesley Shipp. Using the Web site no commercials are shown. With the cwseed app,you see commercials.

I am waiting to see the Jay Garrick /Flash brought onto the new show in the second season also. It should be interesting.

I didn't notice you were talking about a different flash :) I'm gonna check that one

Currently watching Killjoys and Dark Matter.  Rewatching TNG.  Dr. Who is on hiatus but should be starting up soon.  I just finished rewatching Space 1999 and I'm currently working through UFO.  I started 12 Monkeys but I guess I'm just no that into it.  I did enjoy the movie.

I live eat and breath Star Trek and Star Wars.  Loved Firefly.  Really enjoyed NuBSG.  I have Classic BSG and Buck Rogers on DVD.  I also love and own Farscape.  

The last sci fiction I saw was a movie "Edward Scissorhands." Actually I don't even know if it falls under the category of sci fic. But basically it was about a scientist who "made" a young man, and a young woman came upon him in a castle during her cosmetics sales. Eventually she took him in and tried to make him human. His maker died while trying to make him a heart and the project was never completed as Edward had no arms or hands, but rather long scissors in its place.

I saw it twice and it was wiry funny as the women in the neighborhood actually warmed up to him if for only what they could get out of him as in getting their hair cut for instance. Except one woman actually made sexual advances towards him where poor Edward had no idea what she was doing.

Anyway, the young woman who found him fell in love with him, or at least I think that's what the producers wanted to imply. But Edward and her had to part company because of a misunderstanding between the police and his um, limbs, mistaken them for weapons. So Edward retreated back to the cave, the young woman evidently grew up, married, had a granddaughter and related to her the story.

I too cried at the end and I'm actually feeling a little choked up as I'm writing this even though I'm fully aware that it's all fiction. To me it shows the depth of us wanting to be accepted, even if we're not human. Ok, so you know right, that I had to throw the not human part in there in harmony with the movie. Because even those who seem to not act like they're human, they still wants to be accepted.

first of all, we had an innocent little black cat that we missed the boat when we did not call her, "Edward", as in Scissorhands. We mistakenly named her Snuggles. That was before we knew her total dislike of taking meds. She was a small cat, and I still laugh as I think of my husband putting on his heavy jacket, gearing up, and thick leather gloves to give Snugs a pill. Evetually we learned about pill shooters. Snugs died anyway. Liver failure. But not before she peed good in our bed. I think that was her death knell.

Anyway, Sci-fi. Good old Star Trek. We have a DVR on our tv system, so, we record them. They are my background as I putter around the house. But some of them. Surprising. A back door entrance to accepting homosexuality. Shocked me. I thumb through them, and get rid of the violent ones, and once in a while the spiritistic ones. But the good ones, I save so I can watch them with my husband. Keepers. I watch Star Trek, Doc Martin, A bit of BBC, and Antiques Road Show. Pretty much it for me and tv. I catch the Society's programming on my iPad.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Currently watching Killjoys and Dark Matter. Rewatching TNG. Dr. Who is on hiatus but should be starting up soon. I just finished rewatching Space 1999 and I'm currently working through UFO. I started 12 Monkeys but I guess I'm just no that into it. I did enjoy the movie.

I live eat and breath Star Trek and Star Wars. Loved Firefly. Really enjoyed NuBSG. I have Classic BSG and Buck Rogers on DVD. I also love and own Farscape.

I could never find Farscape in a box set. The only DVD's I found were single episodes and to get the entire series would cost too much. I was not willing to spend that much.

Long time since I watched Space 1999. It was unbelievable that something as large as the moon could travel fast enough to meet all those aliens every week, but I ignored that and enjoyed the show. I was disappointed when it was cancelled. It never showed in my area but I could turn my antenna and get a picture from a channel further away.

I may watch Fringe, Enterprise, Voyager, DS9, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, or something else on Netflix. Takes time to watch those.

first of all, we had an innocent little black cat that we missed the boat when we did not call her, "Edward", as in Scissorhands. We mistakenly named her Snuggles. That was before we knew her total dislike of taking meds. She was a small cat, and I still laugh as I think of my husband putting on his heavy jacket, gearing up, and thick leather gloves to give Snugs a pill. Evetually we learned about pill shooters. Snugs died anyway. Liver failure. But not before she peed good in our bed. I think that was her death knell.

Off-topic:

One of our cats has to have medication twice a day. The vet told us how to administer the pill, etc. I asked if we could get the medication in a liquid and we could not only get it in liquid but we could chose the flavor. Our cat now gets .5ml of tuna flavored liquid medication every 12 hours mixed with her food. I think she likes the medication more than the food...

On-topic:

I just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Off-topic:

One of our cats has to have medication twice a day. The vet told us how to administer the pill, etc. I asked if we could get the medication in a liquid and we could not only get it in liquid but we could chose the flavor. Our cat now gets .5ml of tuna flavored liquid medication every 12 hours mixed with her food. I think she likes the medication more than the food...

On-topic:

I just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness.

I loathe the Abrams Treks.

I loathe the Abrams Treks.

The interesting thing about the new Trek is that it is an alternate timeline. Both Trek universes still exist. But you have to be willing to accept the idea of alternate Earths, or at least to suspend disbelief temporarily.

Suspending disbelief is required for a lot of entertainment today. But with most shows you can have only one thing that requires suspending disbelief.

Edited by Witness1970

The same with the new Fantastic 4 alternate universe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

They also rebooted Spiderman. Tobey McGuire out and Andrew Garfield in. But Marvel did not deal with alternate universes in the comics. Only DC did that. DC decided to get rid of all the alternate universes in the 80's because writers were having trouble remembering which universe the characters were in. Then later wanted to bring back alternate universes. Oh, well.

We are in an alternate universe. This is not reality...

A black hole is supposed to have a large gravitational field. Light can not escape from a black hole. There theoretically no way to escape a black hole.

The universe is a large system. Light can not escape. There is no way for us to get out of this universe on our own.

Obviously we are living in a large black hole.

I liked star gate but Atlantis and sg  universe got too hoakie for me. Its like they were trying to keep what the original show was but ruined it at the same time. 

I never got into babylon 5 watched some of that other show it had the one guy that played Hercules as the captain of the ship. Forget the name of it now.

I watched that for a few seasons but lost interest in it. I might go watch it. 

Oh it was Andromeda that was the name of it. 

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I also tried watching Andromeda. I did not watch all of it.

A worse show was one named 'Seven Days'. Due to my crazy work schedule I had a VCR set up to record several shows. Then when I had the chance I would watch them. Whenever the VCR came to an episode of 'Seven Days' I would simply fast forward through that show. Then I stopped recording it at all. Seven Days was about a group that could send one person back in time exactly seven days to try to stop a disaster.

A worse show was one named 'Seven Days'. Due to my crazy work schedule I had a VCR set up to record several shows. Then when I had the chance I would watch them. Whenever the VCR came to an episode of 'Seven Days' I would simply fast forward through that show. Then I stopped recording it at all. Seven Days was about a group that could send one person back in time exactly seven days to try to stop a disaster.

Was it a weekly show? Did they ever send someone back 7 day to rewrite the script?

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D