JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Airbus A320 crash in the French Alps - Deliberate! Germanwings plane crash

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3275 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Audio from the mangled voice recorder of Germanwings Flight 9525 reveals the captain was locked out of the cockpit while the co-pilot appeared to make a deliberate attempt to destroy the plane, Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said Thursday.

The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings flight "activated the descent" of the plane when he was alone in the cockpit, Robin said. That can only be done deliberately, he said.

But although it seems the co-pilot wanted to destroy the aircraft, as of now, there's "nothing to allow us to say that it was a terrorist attack," he said.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Various persons are reporting/commenting on different news sources that co-pilot Andreas Gunter Lubitz was a recent convert to Islam and he "pledged to commit Jihad for Allah."  These folks are also stating, among other things, that German authorities are well aware of these and more details about Lubitz's life but are not releasing this information to the public.  I suspect that if this information is factual it will ultimately be released soon.  This type malicious demonic act is beyond depression and suicide. 

Edited by Mei

(confirmed source)

A brother from Barcelona with his little child was on board.....the wife didn't fly with him....

We can be so happy to have the resurrection hope...

There are so many rumours Samira, some saying he was French....do you have a link ?

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

This news last night was so SAD, it broke my heart to hear that 150 lives were lost in this horrific plane crash, and now to find it that it might have been deliberate!   Satan's world has got to GO, and go soon!  I wonder if the co-pilot was a part of this Fourth Reich in the Middle East that is murdering anyone in its path?   People will hate religion at a grander scale then ever before, before the end comes.  Jehovah will have to put it into their hearts to destroy it forever.   When I hear of tragedies, like this. I often wonder how many of our brother's or sister's are in them.   Our deepest condolences to our dear sister who lost her husband and her child to these monsters and for all who perished in that mountain.   

(confirmed source)

A brother from Barcelona with his little child was on board.....the wife didn't fly with him....

We can be so happy to have the resurrection hope...

just heard that only the husband took the plane and left the baby with the mother....

still tragic.....

Also, I heard that the passengers knew was going on too. They would see that the plane was going down toward to the mountains, plus they were seeing and hearing the pilot pounding on the doors and yelling to open it up. It was a 8  minutes decent, so I wonder how long was people were terrified?

Flying toward the mountains are very scary and I experience it before. I was flying to Colorado Springs airport. The west of Colorado Springs is Pikes Peak and it is about over 14,000 ft. So, when you flying to Colorado Spring from the east the you going to see the mountain. It seems like forever going toward the airport, not only it seems that way, but also it seems like you going to slam into the mountian because it is so big and it take a while to reach it. This happen over 13 years ago and still remember it today.

Edited by Dustparticle

http://news.biharprabha.com/2015/03/father-of-one-of-germanwings-crash-victim-chooses-not-to-visit-crash-site/

Oliver said that his decision also follows his beliefs as a Jehovah’s Witness.

“We know because the Bible teaches us that when that kingdom comes, then our loved ones will return from the dead, be resurrected and will have the opportunity to live forever in a paradise Earth. That hope, that comfort, is in those, in these moments is helping us tremendously,” he said.

Robert Calvo left behind, a wife and two children

http://news.biharprabha.com/2015/03/father-of-one-of-germanwings-crash-victim-chooses-not-to-visit-crash-site/

Oliver said that his decision also follows his beliefs as a Jehovah’s Witness.

“We know because the Bible teaches us that when that kingdom comes, then our loved ones will return from the dead, be resurrected and will have the opportunity to live forever in a paradise Earth. That hope, that comfort, is in those, in these moments is helping us tremendously,” he said.

Robert Calvo left behind, a wife and two children

Thank you for confirming this, I had heard reports of a brother being on the plane but wasn't certain if they were true or not.

This particular instance was something in my prayers yesterday morning, I watched the news clip when it aired and couldn't help but feel such a horrendous sense of loss for the families of the 16 teens returning from an exchange program and the two babies.  Now to find out one of our family members was on there makes it all the more sorrowful.

Thanks be to Jehovah who will stop these heinous acts soon.  

Various persons are reporting/commenting on different news sources that co-pilot Andreas Gunter Lubitz was a recent convert to Islam and he "pledged to commit Jihad for Allah."  These folks are also stating, among other things, that German authorities are well aware of these and more details about Lubitz's life but are not releasing this information to the public.  I suspect that if this information is factual it will ultimately be released soon.  This type malicious demonic act is beyond depression and suicide. 

I had heard that he started learning to fly, took several months off, returned and completed his training then was able to acquire a position.  It was at that point that I wondered if he had gotten 'converted' during that time.  This doesn't surprise me in the least.  

Satan's last hour is at hand and he's being sicker than usual, one only has to look at the things going on in the news for that to be confirmed.

Originally posted by Raindrop

How much worse is it going to get... How far can and will it go?

How do people who do not know and do not want to know Jehovah deal with it not knowing why these things happen? I will never understand...

Unfortunately, Hasina, this is all too true...

But it's a wonderful witness our brother has given in that interview, perhaps that will persuade some to ask you next time you knock on their door just what it is that you believe.

The news that I heard in Portugal is that there are no known ties to any kind of terrorism. Everything was searched including the co-pilot father's house (but it's still ongoing)

The most probable cause for now it's due to some kind of depression and a suicide (although it's more an assassination)

Recent news also say that probably it was due to a recent break up with his girlfriend

Yesterday the dead brother's mother was briefly interviewed on tv as she was going to take the plane to the crash site. She gave a wonderful witness to the journalists and everyone watching it. She mentioned that God is not the one causing these terrible things to happen, and that, despite being very affected, she's absolutely convinced that there will be a resurrection and she will be able to embrace her son soon again.

After the interview the program presenters were very impacted by her words, they were surprinsingly respectful and said they wished they had such a strong faith to sustain them when they go through difficult times.

Yesterday the dead brother's mother was briefly interviewed on tv as she was going to take the plane to the crash site. She gave a wonderful witness to the journalists and everyone watching it. She mentioned that God is not the one causing these terrible things to happen, and that, despite being very affected, she's absolutely convinced that there will be a resurrection and she will be able to embrace her son soon again.

After the interview the program presenters were very impacted by her words, they were surprinsingly respectful and said they wished they had such a strong faith to sustain them when they go through difficult times.

It's marvelous to hear about this.. One could understand a father being terrible affected by something as awful as this but she had the courage to overcome those feelings and praise Jehovah and his promises... Such a good example of faith!!

Article about the brother who was on the plane.

Edit: I posted this from my phone and did not notice that Samira had already posted it. Sorry

Edited by Musky

The earlier comments by folks alleging Lubtiz was a recent Islamic convert claimed it was directly related to his six-month absence from pilot training and his Muslim girlfriend.  But, those claims have not been substantiated.  While various German websites are the ones asserting he was a recent convert, they aren't providing any credible sources and nothing has been made public (that I have read) to support those allegations. 

The Daily Mail reported that the investigators had made a significant discovery at Libitz's home but are refusing to reveal the details.  Daily Mail also announced that investigators did not find a suicide note.  Seems something more sinister is behind this personally motivated tragic event. 

Edited by Mei

I've heard so many discrepancies and rumours in this story that I've decided not to talk about it anymore.

Once again, the media has been hyping a single story thread that we are supposed to believe.

But I can not find the 31 minutes of audio from the voice recorder anywhere online.

Why can I only hear what "experts" are telling me but not the source material?

This is what I hate about the media. Even in the age of free information you have all these gatekeepers telling you what to believe.