JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Airbus A320 crash in the French Alps - Deliberate! Germanwings plane crash

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3301 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since the audio from flight recorders may contain the voices of the passengers and they are not available to sign a release and their family members may not want to sign a release, this could be a reason that the contents of the voice recorder are not released.

Don't know that I would want to listen to the last 31 minutes of people who I knew were doomed to die.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In recent times i try to avoid listening to the news because they are depressing. But you can't avoid hearing about this tragic accident. 

I am not really a fan of conspiracy theories etc. but i also don't believe the media. At all !

While reading some articles on the web, this article popped into my eyes.

Like someone mentioned before, this world has to go! 

Do they ever post the entire audio from flight recorders online?

Sometimes, they end up online. You can find a few on youtube.

As for the family members of the responsible pilots and whether they would accept a release, well I'm not sure if this has turned into a public interest by now. Rumours are flying that this may have been a failed terrorist attack carried out by an islamic convert. Several nuclear facilities were on the flight route. Another rumour says the pilots were both in the cockpit and asphyxiated from aerotoxic syndrome and that this explains why the Captain can supposedly not be heard trying to communicate with the co-pilot.

How do I know the Captain didn't communicate with the co-pilot? I don't. I just read it somewhere. I have zero credible proof of anything.

I'm just saying I refuse to believe what a bunch of people have agreed on to turn it into the official story.

It's a very nice thing that our brother has mentioned the difficulty the parents of the pilot must be experiencing...

The eyes of the world are on their son, apart from losing him they have to bear the shame of all of this, possibly also they are being forced to look inwardly to see if they were perhaps partially at fault.

It must be the ultimate example of the terrible pain suicides visit upon their loved ones.

I am surprised no one posted anything in the News and Current Events forum about the plane crash in the French Alps a few days ago. It is said by officials that the co-pilot deliberately crashed the plane. Some news reports, such as the Sydney Morning Herald and the Independent, suggest some underlying reasons he might have done it.

What we have learned more recently is that one of the now deceased passengers was one of our brothers. Robert Oliver Calvo was 37 years old and leaves behind a wife and two children. He was born in Barcelona and lived in Spain, but he was a US citizen. (His father, Robert Tansill Oliver, a retired schoolteacher and one-time New York City resident, moved to Spain in 1966.) Robert is the 3rd American victim to be identified. See the following news reports:

Huffington Post

International Business Times

The Mirror

This young family is now missing a husband and father.

post-1993-0-02906800-1427592553_thumb.jp

Edited by Sheep

Sometimes, they end up online. You can find a few on youtube.

As for the family members of the responsible pilots and whether they would accept a release, well I'm not sure if this has turned into a public interest by now. Rumours are flying that this may have been a failed terrorist attack carried out by an islamic convert. Several nuclear facilities were on the flight route. Another rumour says the pilots were both in the cockpit and asphyxiated from aerotoxic syndrome and that this explains why the Captain can supposedly not be heard trying to communicate with the co-pilot.

How do I know the Captain didn't communicate with the co-pilot? I don't. I just read it somewhere. I have zero credible proof of anything.

I'm just saying I refuse to believe what a bunch of people have agreed on to turn it into the official story.

Offcourse we know that we shouldn't believe in everything we hear on the news. However, that doesn't mean every news source is a lie!

There are 3 countries involved in this crash; Germany, Spain and France. Believing in a conspiracy theory here seams mind of a stretch...

The factsfrom the black boxes recovered are reliable in my opinion.

-during the first 20 minutes normal conversation occurs

-Then the pilot left the cockpit

-The co-pilot intentionally put the plane in a descend condition

-The pilot gently knocked on the door

-The Co-pilot intentionally locked the door

- The pilot introduced the codes to open the door but with no success since the Co-pilot locked it (since the 9/11, if a pilot wants to block it, it's impossible to enter the cockpit)

- The pilot violently tries to knock down the door

-Audible screams are heard

-The plan crashes

During all those moments, a sound of a normal breath is heard from the Co-pilot and no other sound

The above are facts from a reliable investigation source from France

What rests to discover is why the Co pilot intentionally put the plane down

The most probable cause is that he was with a severe depression but concealed that information from the company. It was a sudden desire to die that arose when he was alone in the cabin

Not every bad thing is caused by Muslims...

I believe that if it was, they would reivindicat it immediately and would congratulate themselves for the success

-The pilot gently knocked on the door

-The Co-pilot intentionally locked the door

- The pilot introduced the codes to open the door but with no success since the Co-pilot locked it (since the 9/11, if a pilot wants to block it, it's impossible to enter the cockpit)

- The pilot violently tries to knock down the door

This is the part I find so unbelievable. From what I gathered from these "reliable sources", only female voices can be heard trying to get in touch with the co-pilot. The captain never says a word? Never says "Andy, open this door right now!! Andy, what are you doing??"

"Conspiracy theory" is just a rubber stamp to put every little scandal in this world into a dark corner, and it doesn't work that easy with me. Corporations and governments do have the power to cover up a large amount of facts. Usually, a few seep through every now and again, also thanks to whistleblowers and the like. 

But at this point, I don't buy the official narrative anymore. Because, for one thing, I can't imagine the captain wouldn't say a single word but just "gently knock", then "knock harder". Was he mute or something??

According to the CNN report the captain's voice can be heard clearly.

• At 10:32 a.m., air traffic controllers contact the plane and receive no answer. Almost at the same time, an alarm goes off in the cockpit saying "sink rate."

• Shortly after there is a loud bang on the door. The pilot can be heard screaming, "For God's sake, open the door!" Passengers can be heard screaming in the background.

• At 10:35 a.m., loud metallic bangs can be heard as though someone is trying to knock down the door. The plane is at about 23,000 feet.

• Ninety seconds later, another alarm goes off: "Terrain -- pull up!" The plane is at about 16,400 feet. The captain is heard screaming, "Open the damn door!"

• At 10:38 a.m., the plane is descending toward the French Alps, and the co-pilot can be heard breathing. The plane is at about 13,100 feet.

• At 10:40 a.m., it sounds like the plane's right wing scrapes a mountaintop, then screams can be heard one more time. Those are the last sounds on the voice recorder.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Considering they would have only known for a max of 5 minutes, I'd call that "the last moments".

I suppose each person's idea of last moments can be different.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Can we imagine what the passengers went through? They begin to scream when the airplane started descending down. This was going on for at least 7 minutes. It is sad that they knew that they were going to die several minutes ahead.

I have to honestly say if I had to die and were able to choose my death, I wouldn't mind this one. You know you're going to die but you also know it's going to go quick. You have enough time to pray to Jehovah to thank him for all he's done and apologise for all those times you screwed up. Maybe you can even gently smile at the person sitting next to you and give one last witness as you go down. I actually like to imagine our dear brother having done this in the last seconds of his life.

I personally wouldn't really care whether my body is put under the ground in one piece or only a few parts of it, since when I die I become nothing than a heap of matter anyway. I'd hope that at least they find my wedding ring so that my wife has something to hold on to to remember me. More important than a grave in my opinion. Which leads you to the only real downside of this manner of death. The fact that your family had absolutely no time to come to terms with the loss in advance.

I have to agree, it's so quick and thorough. That's probably why the pilot chose to do it that way. He was selfish. But then people who are that depressed to take their own lives don't think straight, so he probably didn't care that 150 other people would die with him. It's so sad and tragic but I can imagine Jehovah's spirit was with our brother as it was happening and hopefully he felt calm. When he next opens his eyes he'll be in the perfect new world.

Rather than being depressed I think that because he knew his flying days were over, he just wanted to make an infamous name for himself. An extremely self centered individual who's name belongs in the same station as Satan's, unknown.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Rather than being depressed I think that because he knew his flying days were over, he just wanted to make an infamous name for himself. An extremely self centered individual who's name belongs in the same station as Satan's, unknown.

Or so says his ex-girlfriend........

....or so claims a tabloid newsplaper known for always wanting to make a name for itself :)

(confirmed source)

A brother from Barcelona with his little child was on board.....the wife didn't fly with him....

We can be so happy to have the resurrection hope...

A brother in my congregation is a close friend with the brother who died - he was the only child of a missionary couple.  I'm just sick at heart, O Jehovah how much longer?!

Edited by sunshine

Has anybody heard any news outlet address the question as to why the flight data shown by flightaware.com (Please note, guys, NO flight recorder has been found to date!! Only the CVR) showed a massive speed drop at 10:11:50 o'clock?

http://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/GWI9525/history/20150324/0835Z/LEBL/EDDL/tracklog

It shows a sudden drop and then a totally unrealistic recovery. Seems like a broken sensor sending wrong data to me.

Has anybody got any info on this?

I have to honestly say if I had to die and were able to choose my death, I wouldn't mind this one. You know you're going to die but you also know it's going to go quick. You have enough time to pray to Jehovah to thank him for all he's done and apologise for all those times you screwed up. Maybe you can even gently smile at the person sitting next to you and give one last witness as you go down. I actually like to imagine our dear brother having done this in the last seconds of his life.

Completely agree with you!

It is quick enough to spare endless pain but long enough to give you time to do something good/worthwhile.

It always the ones left behind who suffer most though...