JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3094 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Until its officially released, I hid the pictures. I cant imagine it will be long.

You will be surprised at how similar the NEW 2015 Design is to page 245 of Paradise Lost Paradise Regained - 1958!   ...   57 years ago.

The design wasn't released, but the drawbacks of the old designs were mentioned, i.e; the pitched roof, mechanical HVAC on the ground level.

If you have access to it, please post a picture of page 245 of Paradise Lost Paradise Regained to see how similar it is to the NEW design.

I don't know why, but every time I see that picture I think of our local Circle K:

post-272-0-15716000-1430175242.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hello Richard, nice to hear from you since the Fairfield training. I got a phone call to show up at that one and a similar call to attend the Fremont Assembly Hall also. Kyle and Kim his wife are also the instructors on the Fremont hall also. I was privileged to be asked to give a skilled brother training on electric water heaters which turned out to be a huge can of worms as we found out they had not been maintained since they were installed. Our first problem turned out to be we could not shut off the water to pull the elements or anode rod. Landscape had the same problem so the water for the entire complex had to be turned off and on and off again as individual gate valves had to be replaced with ball valves going to several different areas so we could continue with our maintenance. We ended up that day working on an unused water heater to complete our training on how to maintain electric water heaters.

I ended spending three days on my one day training. We ended up having to replace a 30 gal and 40 gal water heater with two 50 gal water heaters which the site had on hand waiting for a place to go. Because of the size change everything associated with the smaller heaters had to be reconfigured to meet the new size which turned out to be a boon for those wanting to be part of electric water heater training. I had students lining up to learn how to cut copper pipe, measure and fit the lines and soldier all the joints. Learning about lock out tag out on the electrical supply and running new electrical to the new heaters because of location being to short to meet the new size of heaters. We had to bore through the tilt up walls to put the T and P valve and drain lines in properly also. I had volunteers who choose to use my hammer drill for that with a big smile on their dusty faces after.  I'm happy to say we had no leaks and many happy students. One even expressed the desire to see if he might be able to start a business just maintaining water heaters.

All in all every one including myself had a good time learning. I even got a round of applause for my teaching skills from my students.

We are told this program which is running globally is now being used at the Assembly Halls first and to be then used at our Kingdom Halls then our homes. So don't worry if you were or are not invited to attend an assembly hall in you area as you all will be invited to attend the same program at you local kingdom hall.

All in all every one including myself had a good time learning. I even got a round of applause for my teaching skills from my students. 

Wow, what an excellent example of what the MTV is all about. Let me know if you get called to FAH and I'll come help.

The last couple of weeks we have been working on some of the recommended repairs from the MTV. I was asked to repaint the faded Handicap Parking stencils in the parking lot. Pretty simple job but I loved every minute of it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

That's funny, I have that stencil also. Being a general contractor I have a lot of toys which everyone loves to play with.

I can't wait to be part of the training at our Kingdom Hall. We've been talking about MTV at our hall and several individuals have expressed a desire to learn.

Your on, if I get called to that Assembly Hall for maintenance I will let you know. Since I have been called to two Assembly Halls for training I'm wondering if I'm on two lists for maintenance? I guess I'll find out.

I remember they said they wanted us to be available for one day of maintenance on the Assembly Hall each month, I'm also interested to see if that is the way it will be.

Edited by Mybrick

One kind of humorous event that happened which shows how much fun everyone is having at the MTV.

I was part of the training given on bathroom partitions and their maintenance. I have installed many partitions in many different kinds of situations and noticed the doors did not function as designed. I asked the group if anyone wanted to be part of adjusting the doors so they close behind you as you enter the stall, a feature which is appreciated in narrow stalls and handicap stalls. The door can be adjusted to close to any degree you desire which some like so they don't have to check every door to find an empty stall so you can set it to close to about 4" open. It is a requirement to not close completely for the handicap stall. 

At any rate the whole class raised their hands that they wanted to be part of the hands on. So we had to quickly rustle up enough tools for everyone to pick a door to try their skills on. There was one particularly nicely dressed sister who volunteered and readily accepted the tools I handed to her. I then laid on the floor to show everyone what I was talking about as that is the only place you can be to see to make the adjustment at the bottom of the door. If you've done it before you probably don't need to lay on the floor and can work knowing what you're doing upside down. But since no one had this expertise they needed to lay on the floor to see what they were dealing with to make the adjustment. 

After a short time of answering questions I couldn't help but notice a brother who was intently looking at this smartly dressed sister laying on the floor deeply involved in adjust the swing of her assignment. When I approached him he started shaking his head and saying " I don't know who that person is, I would not have expected to see my wife willingly lay down on the floor of a public restroom to adjust a bathroom door swing. Who is this person?" She looked up all smiles and went back to work.

Edited by Mybrick

• 5 months later...

Our KH is a single auditorium with 4 congregations as well, 3 English, 1 Spanish.  We had 5 congregations, but one congregation this past January had to leave our KH and move to another KH that had room.

In the video it mentioned Dallas/Ft Worth, TX, USA as a top priority for needing halls in the US. I know that to be true.  We have a double wide KH down here that is currently serving 9 congregations.  Most of the KH down here are pretty much maxed out. 

i think the term is a 'double hall'.. not a 'double wide' ... that implies um... a "mobile home"...