JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Video calling

My wife and I talk each day using Facetime on our iPads - she is at work in her lunchtime and I am at home.

I use Skype to communicate with my brother in Cyprus and friends in Czech Republic. 

I would love to be able to study with someone at a distance like this because I could do it from home!

Can you use Facetime on your home computer also?

OK...I just googled it and see you can download it for pc - have you tried this?

or know of anyone that uses for pc and android phone? :D

Edited by CyreJay

• 3 weeks later...

I use FaceTime a lot. But, for those who are less Apple inclined Google Hangouts is a good option. it is available on most platforms and is fairly easy to use. 

I'm quite addicted to Google Hangouts. It's free, and you can have up to 10 people in your video call. It's replaced Skype for most of us.

Facetime is exclusive to Apple devices. I'll admit that somehow, the Facetime video quality is superb.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Facetime is exclusive to Apple devices. I'll admit that somehow, the Facetime video quality is superb.

FaceTime is exclusive to Apple, but I would guesstimate that 75-80% of people I know have an Apple device capable of FaceTime. Hangouts is amazing, I like to use Hangouts for doing the Watchtower study with family. 

FaceTime is exclusive to Apple, but I would guesstimate that 75-80% of people I know have an Apple device capable of FaceTime. Hangouts is amazing, I like to use Hangouts for doing the Watchtower study with family. 

Around here, Android is in more hands and pockets than Apple :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!