JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - April

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3275 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Okay, but I'm still in the dark. Is it the second post in that thread you're referring to? The P.S. says you have to be playing the video before you press F12. The seventh post in the thread says the same thing.

Uhmm, I understand everything there,but what I mean is before the video was placed there you already had the links how did you do that..you can not say you used chrome when you couldn't actually watch because it wasn't there....

As dot com world asks, how do you play the video before there is any link shown on JW Broadcasting?

Let's say the new video has been uploaded, but no link for it has been put on JW Broadcasting yet. You need the link before you can play the video. And then you have to play the video first before you get the link? Please explain. :shrugs:

P.S. I already have the file for April's program downloaded, but that's because it was already posted with a link. I'm wondering about before the link is posted.

Edited by Sheep

Let's say the new video has been uploaded, but no link for it has been put on JW Broadcasting yet.

Before the links go on JW Broadcasting, they go on JW.org.

For example, the Watchtower v. Village of Stratton video isn't yet on JW Broadcasting (at the time of this post), but it is listed on the JW.org download page:

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbrd&issue=201504

For example, the Watchtower v. Village of Stratton video isn't yet on JW Broadcasting (at the time of this post), but it is listed on the JW.org download page:

Okay, but where did that link come from?

P.S. I have this video downloaded too.

Edited by Sheep

The link for this month is:

So, next month, May Program, should be:

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbrd&issue=201505

Notice the only change is the ending ... this month is 201504, last month was 201503 so, next month should be 201505 (however, trying it now will produce an error) and December will be 201512 with next January being 201601 - as long as they do not change the naming scheme

Once you have the "formula" for the link, you just keep trying it until it is there

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

As to the song, " I won't give up" feeling evangelical. ..... I don't think so, in fact I can see King David singing and maybe dancing to this song. I like the high energy feel and emotions of the video songs and hope the GB keeps including them. I would like a complete DC of them please.

Edited by I_want_to

Ok..so what is the download Page or address to the links before they are put on the broadcasting...because this one above is direct...what I mean is...is the download Page a list of links waiting to be downloaded?...if so..what is the address?

Ok..so what is the download Page or address to the links before they are put on the broadcasting...because this one above is direct...what I mean is...is the download Page a list of links waiting to be downloaded?...if so..what is the address?

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/18633-is-there-a-way-to-download-jw-broadcasting-episodes/?p=265685

On this topic, read posts #20, #22 and #23

BTW: Can anyone understand what does the female judge says in the video about Ohio court case? I'd love to understand her words...

Edited by Andrejrulz

BTW: Can anyone understand what does the female judge says in the video about Ohio court case? I'd love to understand her words...

I hope I understood correctly the part of the video you're referring to. This is what I hear:

[Male judge asks a hypothetical question about going door-to-door asking residents about garbage pickup or the congressman]

[Female judge] Well, how about trick-or-treaters? Do they have to go get a permit? [Laughter] Under this ordinance it looks like it, doesn't it?

[Male judge] And they're soliciting too.

[Female judge] They are! [Laughter] Does it cover them?

Male Judge: You think it's a beautiful idea that I have to ask the government for permission before I go down the block, where I don't know all of the people  - I wave to them but I don't know all of them -  I say "I want to talk to you because I'm concerned about the garbage pickup" ... "because I'm concerned about our congressman" ... whatever...  I have to ask the government before I can do that?!  You're astounding!!

Lawyer: No your Honor, what we're talking about are canvessars, hawkers and those who are going door to door for a cause.

Female Judge:  How about Trick or Treaters? Do they have to go get a permit...? under this ordinance it looks like it

Male Judge:  And they're soliciting too!

Female Judge: They are!  Does it cover them?

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the full audio and transcript from the Stratton case. It has the oral arguments and the opinion announcement by Justice Stevens. The transcript makes it easy to follow along with the audio. The way the justices catch the Stratton attorneys contradicting themselves is great.

http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2001/2001_00_1737#sort=vote

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the full audio and transcript from the Stratton case. It has the oral arguments and the opinion announcement by Justice Stevens. The transcript makes it easy to follow along with the audio. The way the justices catch the Stratton attorneys contradicting themselves is great.

http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2001/2001_00_1737#sort=vote

Thanks a lot. Its wonderful to be able to hear it so clearly and with a transcript too!

I'll admit that the song does have a flavor that I heard in the baptist churches I went to before coming into the truth. BUT, much more dignified and with a actual message, a clear message. In the world, I remember the songs being kind of pointless, they were fun and energizing but the message was never clear, or jumped to conclusions that didn't have biblical basis. etc. I love the new song. I'm hoping to have more that are catchy like this and fun and easy to sing. 

The part with the sister with the unbelieving mate had me crying though... great message with this months broadcast!

BTW, my kids are loving the new music video channel. I just put it on there last night to see what was playing, and my son (3) said, again, again... play it again mommy, I love the Jehovah songs! And my daughter was in her bedroom and begged the same thing and sang along from her bedroom! lol I'll say son was more happy about the cartoon ones though then the non cartoon ones. He would tell me... that one is not little boy and little girl, that's adults.. I want little boy and little girl Jehovah songs!

Agreed Sister Heather. Jehovah’s songs- RULES! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Does anyone recall the exact # of Bible Studies in South Africa, was it 3K or 3.5K?   ... 1/3 or OVER 1/3 of total Bible Studies?

Edited by timpin

Does anyone recall the exact # of Bible Studies in South Africa, was it 3K or 3.5K?   ... 1/3 or OVER 1/3 of total Bible Studies?

3 Million or 3.5 Million

Edited by timpin

BTW, my kids are loving the new music video channel. I just put it on there last night to see what was playing, and my son (3) said, again, again... play it again mommy, I love the Jehovah songs! And my daughter was in her bedroom and begged the same thing and sang along from her bedroom! lol I'll say son was more happy about the cartoon ones though then the non cartoon ones. He would tell me... that one is not little boy and little girl, that's adults.. I want little boy and little girl Jehovah songs!

How cute is that!!!