JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Questions for Sisters

I like them if they are expressing their genuine feelings and original poetry is much better. But yes I love poetry as an option.

If however they are using it to get an important point across I think I prefer just words.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

O my love is like a red red rose

That's newly sprung in June

O my love is like the melody

That's sweetly played in tune

So fair art thou my bonnie lass

So deep in love am I

And I will love thee still my dear

Til a' the seas gang dry

Til a' the seas gang dry my dear

And the rocks melt wi' the sun

I will love thee still my dear

While the sands o' life shall run

And fare thee weel my only love

And fare thee weel awhile

And I will come again my love

Though it were ten thousand mile

Yes, I love poems!!!!

Is this because of our last WT study? :)

A brother commented that we are so surrounded by technology (Internet and TV and so many devices and gadgets) so much so that inspiration does not come as easy as it did in Bible times. Back then the nature was the entertainment and there was lots of time to admire, ponder and be inspired by Jehovah's work.

OK, that did not answer your question but thought it was such a good point.

Back to the topic: though I am not so much into poems,  love getting (and sending) those cards with a poem on them but my close friends and family - who know me well - always add their own personal message. May be it is the two together that makes it special and touching?

Poetry? Occasional short poem; not so much lengthy ones. I have a hard time with those in the Scriptures! I didn’t like Shakespeare in high school. My mother said I’d grow to like it. Decades later still don’t. I don’t think it’s a culture or area thing, just a personal like/dislike. Like chocolate!

I write.. but usually only when I am sad. It's been many years since someone wrote for me.. or to me.  The one who did originally is my ex husband (yes he was a witness).  Make sure what your write truly comes from your heart... especially if it is for a woman. If it is just surface fluff... which fades... those poems may get thrown into the fire one day. I like deep meaning poetry that is actually backed up by actions. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

I write.. but usually only when I am sad. It's been many years since someone wrote for me.. or to me.  The one who did originally is my ex husband (yes he was a witness).  Make sure what your write truly comes from your heart... especially if it is for a woman. If it is just surface fluff... which fades... those poems may get thrown into the fire one day. I like deep meaning poetry that is actually backed up by actions. 

Sad, but awesome post sis.

To you it might be terrible; but who is to say it might be the a number 1 hit?

I only have 2 songs I'm very proud of. One was written for a male singer, but the one and only copy of it is lost somewhere in South Carolina. And the other song has a great chorus, but the other verses I rewrite all the time

~Van

Is this because of our last WT study? :)

A brother commented that we are so surrounded by technology (Internet and TV and so many devices and gadgets) so much so that inspiration does not come as easy as it did in Bible times. Back then the nature was the entertainment and there was lots of time to admire, ponder and be inspired by Jehovah's work.

OK, that did not answer your question but thought it was such a good point.

Back to the topic: though I am not so much into poems,  love getting (and sending) those cards with a poem on them but my close friends and family - who know me well - always add their own personal message. May be it is the two together that makes it special and touching?

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question. A matter of fact I been researching this for a while. Also, I'm always interest what others think, especially worldwide.

Oh Well I give up !!

Women

Women should be treated with respect

Are many doing this? I would not bet.

Women should walk in any place with the doors open

No matter how or no matter when

Women should be praised of what they do

Giving them flowers is up to you

Women should be equal by all

Who will pick you up if you fall? 

Woman should be in a special place from the start

They should be in every mans heart

Women are made by Jehovah

And many times, they show more love?

Women make mistakes all the time

By ignoring it, then your dinner will taste just fine

One more time all

Chocolate

What make you hi or low?

Run to it!! Go!

What taste so good and sweet?

It makes your heart beat

What makes you crave?

You will pay for it, you will not save

What make the world go round?

It can easy be found

What make true love grow?

Don't tell me, you know

What have been around for thousands of years?

Take a guess, it give women tears

What is the best dish you ever taste?

It something that you never waste

What is on your mind 24 hours a day?

I going to eat and you can stay

Was this gem made for us?

We must have this, it is a must