JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting official translations starting May 2015

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2966 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

He did not say

My friend in Bethel tell me that this probably included the Spanish language. Also in sign language. But do not know whether subtitled or dubbed.

Judging by the custom here in Brazil, I believe that programs will be dubbed, although personally I would prefer that the videos were subtitled.

Judging by the custom here in Brazil, I believe that programs will be dubbed, although personally I would prefer that the videos were subtitled.

I think the same. but is unlikely to dubb music videos. these segurament be subtitled, in my opinion. Either way, it will be a great joy for all !!

Hot off the press

Languages in Which the JW Broadcasting Monthly Program Will Be Available Starting in May Albanian French Malagasy Slovenian American Sign Language Georgian Maya Spanish Argentinian Sign Language German Mexican Sign Language Swedish Armenian Greek Myanmar Tahitian Brazilian Sign Language Hungarian Norwegian Tatar Chinese (Simplified) Icelandic Ossetian Thai Chinese (Traditional) Indonesian Polish Tsonga Colombian Sign Language Italian Portuguese Turkish Croatian Japanese Romanian Tzotzil Czech Kikuyu Russian Ukrainian Danish Korean Russian Sign Language Xhosa Dutch Krio Serbian Yoruba Estonian Latvian Serbian Roman Zulu Finnish Lithuanian Slovak

Languages in Which the JW Broadcasting Monthly Program Will Be Available Later Ecuadorian Sign Language January 2016 Ewe July 2015 Ga August 2015 Iban September 2015 Italian Sign Language October 2015 Kazakh September 2015 Kikamba December 2015 Kisi January 2016 Luo January 2016 Malay September 2015 Mende January 2016 Swahili September 2015 Tagalog August 2015

Since Simplified and Traditional Chinese are identical, only differing in writing, that suggests the program will be subtitled, not dubbed. At least in that language.

I heard from one brother from bethel that translation teams can choose if it will be subtitled or dubbed. In Finnish language it will be subtitled. Interesting to see what others have chosen.

Personally, I prefer dubbed because it's very hard to watch the videos and read the subtitles at the same time. You miss a lot of visual details while you're reading.

But whichever way, how wonderful that this outstanding material is going to be made available to so many more of the brothers!

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

I can confirm that Sweden, Denmark, Norway will be translated from May and in Iceland from June. I heard this together with more than 50 000 brothers and sisters in 6 countries.

we will have brother Mantz as a speaker on saturday in MSweden Sweden and we in the other Scandinavian countries will be tied in. Im sure a lot of languages will come along. This will unite us even more. Thank you Jehovah.

If any translator is interested then I have full version of April JW Broadcast transcript (in English). If anyone need it then PM me and i sent you that .srt file via email since i cant upload it here. 

Edited by Musky

Great news! Thank oyu!

Hope Romanian is in too! Many Romanian brothers and sisters will be soooo grateful!

Subscriu surorii Daniela! I mean I second sister Daniela's opinion. I'm pretty confident Romanian is going to be included. Some of the recent videos released in Romanian on our Web site were subtitled rather than dubbed which apparently sped up the release date of the localized video such as Romanian became a top 15 language in terms of video localization.

JW Broadcasting

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

If any translator is interested then I have full version of April JW Broadcast transcript (in English). If anyone need it then PM me and i sent you that .srt file via email since i cant upload it here. 

do you have the transcription for the Stratton Case video ?

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

I am so Happy for you Brothers & Sisters!! It will make a huge difference to have it in your own language! - Isn't Jehovah our Heavenly Father Wonderful - Never forgetting his Sheep!! :D

Ps 47:1-2 "All you peoples, clap your hands! Shout in triumph to God with joyful cries! For Jehovah the Most High is Awe- inspiring; He is the great King over all the earth!"

Does anyone know when the translations should be available for us? We had the letter of the slave in our meeting last wednesday, it said it was starting in May, and as we are the 1st of May, i was wondering if maybe my settings are off. I do hope that we get to chose ( in time seeing as it is time consuming to do these translations in so many languages) beween subtitles and dubbed episodes. Here's why: for all adults i think subtitles are the easiest method, but for the children i would prefer the dubbed episodes. They know the songs in their own language, and that's also the strong point for our young ones, as the films of caleb and Sofie ( in dutch we call them David and Sofie ) and the songs go straight to their hearts. They offer such great joy for our young ones. I'm not saying we should have the option and i'm certainly not saying we should have it straight away. I'm already amazed and i feel blessed that the brothers of the Gb and the slave make such great offers for us! It's really fantastic. Another proof that this is really the one true religion that is had Jehovah's approval! If we compare our blessings and possibilities to those of other religions, we clearly see Jehovah's blessing on the hard work of our brothers

Does anyone know when the translations should be available for us? We had the letter of the slave in our meeting last wednesday, it said it was starting in May, and as we are the 1st of May, i was wondering if maybe my settings are off. I do hope that we get to chose ( in time seeing as it is time consuming to do these translations in so many languages) beween subtitles and dubbed episodes. Here's why: for all adults i think subtitles are the easiest method, but for the children i would prefer the dubbed episodes. They know the songs in their own language, and that's also the strong point for our young ones, as the films of caleb and Sofie ( in dutch we call them David and Sofie ) and the songs go straight to their hearts. They offer such great joy for our young ones. I'm not saying we should have the option and i'm certainly not saying we should have it straight away. I'm already amazed and i feel blessed that the brothers of the Gb and the slave make such great offers for us! It's really fantastic. Another proof that this is really the one true religion that is had Jehovah's approval! If we compare our blessings and possibilities to those of other religions, we clearly see Jehovah's blessing on the hard work of our brothers

As the May video wont be up until at least the first Monday, it seems that you will have to wait a few more days to check it.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 10 months later...

I was reading the 2016 yearbook today and noticed a comment or two from the friends in Kenya saying how much they enjoy JWBroadcasting.  However, I can't seem to access that language from my tablet nor my laptop computer here in the U.S. 

Can someone please confirm if JWB is in the Swahili language since September? Thank you.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

3 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I was reading the 2016 yearbook today and noticed a comment or two from the friends in Kenya saying how much they enjoy JWBroadcasting.  However, I can't seem to access that language from my tablet nor my laptop computer here in the U.S. 

Can someone please confirm if JWB is in the Swahili language since September? Thank you.

English is also an official language in Kenya. Perhaps the brothers in Kenya were not referring to watching the program in Swahili.

Languages of Kenya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia › wiki › Languages_of_Kenya
Kenya is a multilingual country. The Bantu Swahili language and English, the latter of which was inherited from colonial rule (see British Kenya), are widely spoken as lingua franca. They serve as the two official working languages.
Official languages‎: ‎Swahili
Main languages‎: ‎Swahili (Lingua Franca)
Regional languages‎: ‎Kalenjin‎, Kamba

Swahili
[swh] Lamu and Garissa counties: Somali border toTana river mouth, along coast and inland. 111,000 in Kenya (2009 census), increasing. 6,200 Amu, 69,000 Bajuni, 1,000 Chitundi, 2,600 Changamwe, 480 Faza, 5,200 Jomvu, 170 Katwa, 700 Kilifi, 700 Kilindini, 300 Mtwapa, 1,600 Ngare, 1,400 Pate, 290 Shaka, 3900 Siu, 650 Tangana, 2,000 Vumba (2009 census). L2 users: 16,500,000 in Kenya (2013). 

I've not seen it, maybe they were referring to English. You know, it's like our first language here in Kenya

Sent from my TECNO H5 using Tapatalk

Quotes from the 2016 Yearbook:

Until recently, many brothers had never heard a member of the Governing Body give a talk. Now, not only can we hear them but we can see them as well. Never before have we felt so united with the Governing Body and with our worldwide brotherhood.”—Kenya 

“The program drew me closer to Jehovah’s organization and the Governing Body. I know that I belong to a family where there is a lot of love.”—Kenya

The "language of their heart" is swahili.  Then too, when I visited Kenya in 1990's I met very few friends who spoke English.  Out in the ministry, it was strictly swahili at every door. 

Edited by Omo_Yeme

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)