JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kentucky Judge Upholds Religious Rights To Refuse Service

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3257 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting. While I'm wondering if I would have even cared if I were a printing abd advertising business owner, I am glad to see the rights of this business to refuse work upheld.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I am a printing and advertising business owner.  OK, I'm not doing much to actively drum up business and seek clients, but, still, that's the business I'm in.

I have no problem designing flyers and brochures and whatever for a gay person's business or work.  If this individual happens to be gay but wants me to design his business cards, I have no problem with that.

However, I do not want to design wedding invitations to a homosexual wedding.  I'm not refusing business based on the sexual orientation of the customer, I'm refusing business based on the purpose of the event.  

Similarly, if I was Jewish, I would not want to design a flyer promoting a Neo Nazi parade or KKK rally.  

This is a distinction that the media, homosexual, and maybe even the courts are overlooking.  They've all drank the Kool-Aid and believe homosexuality is as genetic and distinct as skin color or ethnicity.  They lump homosexual behavior with the homosexual desire or urge,  

I'm glad I'm not actually promoting my design work to the point I'd attract people wanting invitations for a gay wedding.

I feel sorry for anyone who is a bed & breakfast owner.  Of course, in their case, a non married heterosexual couple is being just as sinful as the homosexual couple.