JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Quantum Computer

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3244 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think I am missing the scary part. Would you care to elaborate on your fears?

Wicked mankind has always distorted technology for their wicked reasons. If they can create mini black holes in the lab, then how far will they us it for an another agenda? I'm looking for the New World, so we can use technology to the full and for the right reasons.

Wicked mankind has always distorted technology for their wicked reasons. If they can create mini black holes in the lab, then how far will they us it for an another agenda? I'm looking for the New World, so we can use technology to the full and for the right reasons.

That is an interesting viewpoint. But, it is not something that I worry or am frightened of. I know that I have Jehovah on my side, and what more could any person have? No matter what the outcome is Jehovah's original purpose for the earth and mankind will come to fruition. So don't be afraid of what man can do to you or the earth, because in the end there is nothing they can do that Jehovah cannot undo. 

That is an interesting viewpoint. But, it is not something that I worry or am frightened of. I know that I have Jehovah on my side, and what more could any person have? No matter what the outcome is Jehovah's original purpose for the earth and mankind will come to fruition. So don't be afraid of what man can do to you or the earth, because in the end there is nothing they can do that Jehovah cannot undo. 

Good point my brother. So far we not there yet, but we never know what is going behind close doors.

Back in the 19609's and into the 70's mankind developed and possesed the ability to erradicate all life from the earth with nuclear weapons - many grew afraid. But, we are still here and, even though man can still obliterate everything, we know Jehovah will not allow it so we do not live in dredd of it.

Same holds true of this technology. Jehovah will never let man destroy the planet.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Back in the 19609's and into the 70's mankind developed and possesed the ability to erradicate all life from the earth with nuclear weapons - many grew afraid. But, we are still here and, even though man can still obliterate everything, we know Jehovah will not allow it so we do not live in dredd of it.

Same holds true of this technology. Jehovah will never let man destroy the planet.

We all know that my brother. What I'm thinking of is what they are doing behind close doors and are they using this in a secret war. I'm concern about people.

When the Large Hadron Collider was being built, some were convinced that it would create a supermassive black hole that would swallow the solar system. Seven years later, we're still here.

Although creating microscopic black holes is an entirely theoretical possibility (and in the case of the LHC, a goal), they would expel energy faster than they can draw it in, and evaporate nearly instantly causing zero damage.

Creating a stable black hole of any size, let alone massive enough to have a visible effect on its surroundings, would take more energy and matter than is available in the entire solar system.

I am glad to hear you care about people and don't want to see them suffer unnecessarily. But by definition that is critical times hard to deal with. The best way you can show them that you care is to show them what hope they have for the future and that there will be an end to suffering. And as always it never hurts to say a quick prayer to have Jehovah help you find those that may have a harder time dealing with this wicked old system than most. Getting out in the ministry is a great way to dissuade yourself from feeling that fear.

When the Large Hadron Collider was being built, some were convinced that it would create a supermassive black hole that would swallow the solar system. Seven years later, we're still here.

Although creating microscopic black holes is an entirely theoretical possibility (and in the case of the LHC, a goal), they would expel energy faster than they can draw it in, and evaporate nearly instantly causing zero damage.

Creating a stable black hole of any size, let alone massive enough to have a visible effect on its surroundings, would take more energy and matter than is available in the entire solar system.

Creating a black hole is one thing, yet controlling it is another thing. Like you turn the switch for one minute and turn if off the next minute. Deep thoughts here.

I understand what Glenn is saying.

While we're most confident that Jehovah will not allow man to destroy the earth or do other things their wicked little Satanic brains conjure up to complete fruition, they can do things that make it seem like they have succeeded. And that "seeming" is frightening enough and is cause for alarm. Look at, for instance, the atomic bomb. Who would have thought? And now it's worse. I grew up when the transitor radio was invented. Now we can get driving directions through waves (y'all know what I'm talking about). And we don't want to think that just because it isn't mentioned that these driving "waves" aren't used for other things just because it isn't mentioned or in the news. We can be sure that these inventions aren't being used solely for the good purpose they were made for quiet as it's kept. Why? Because since this is Satan's world, nothing invented is solely, only, used for the good.

So yes, while we do have complete confidence in Jehovah, there is reason for concern. Even Elisha (Elijah? I tend to get them mixed up) was afraid. And he certainly trusted in Jehovah.

I don't think Bobby was saying he actually watched it as opposed to he know what it was about through various advertisments. But even if he did, that is between him and Jehovah. True, that is a movie a Christian should not watch but I think Bobby bought that out to show how far man can go with their inventions. If, no, since they came up with a movie like that it goes to show what's on their minds. Nope, I'm very wrong...what they probably already have out there. I'm of the mind that ideas for a movie are not made in a vacuum as in:

Producer: I will produce a movie about such and such.

Director: Why?

Producer: Oh I don't know. I just feel like it.

Noo, I doubt it goes like that. Why: Because "the world lies in the power of the wicked one."

Edited by Luezette

I don't think Bobby was saying he actually watched it as opposed to he know what it was about through various advertisments. But even if he did, that is between him and Jehovah. True, that is a movie a Christian should not watch but I think Bobby bought that out to show how far man can go with there inventions. If, no, since they came up with a movie like that it goes to show what's on their minds. Nope, I'm very wrong...what they probably already have out there. I'm of the mind that ideas for a movie are not made in a vacuum as in:

Producer: I will produce a movie about such and such.

Director: Why?

Producer: Oh I don't know. I just feel like it.

Noo, I doubt it goes like that. Why: Because "the world lies in the power of the wicked one."

I am not in the habit of judging what others use for entertainment, but when asked I will give my honest opinion. As far as whether he watched it or not I prefer to stick with what Eph 5:3 has to say. If it isn't appropriate to watch I don't see any reason in even mentioning it. We all have to live with our own conscience and I can only comment on what mine has to say. And not feign to know what is others hearts.

Ok i don't see that movie i apologize for any offence

I was just try to pont out how man thinks

You didn't offend me Brother. Going back to Ephesians I always try to take the Paul's advice at Eph 4:1-3. I know I am far from perfect and I do not expect my Brothers to be either.  

I didn't take the time to watch the videos, so maybe there is a bit of hubris in my speaking about the topic, but I do have some background knowledge about the topic of quantum computing.  

Information is stored in segments of data represented by 1's and 0's.  https://web.stanford.edu/class/cs101/bits-bytes.html for those interested they can look at how this is parsed.  

As I understand the concept of quantum computing, it simply allows us to use states of matter instead of 1's and 0's and it can increase the speeds at which we process information and data.  More for understanding things (which of course we may be entirely wrong on, but it would allow us to make some interesting calculations and perhaps some incredible inferences --- like the fact that our universe had to have been created rather than originating from a big bang).

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

I thank you Sharon, for clearing that up. But one question: what in the world are "1's" and "0's"? It sounds like some very serious math!

1's and 0's are symbolic, they're part of the binary number system --- they are used in mathematics, and digital electronics.  My sketchy understanding of them is more related to logic gates in those digital systems.  Meaning that if the 'logic' says 1 then this function is performed, and if the 'logic' says 0 then it isn't.  

I truly am no expert in this field and I would expect those with programming backgrounds to be able explain it simply.