JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JUNE 2015 - JW Broadcasting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3197 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

may I ask can anyone please put up the 240 link to download the june broadcast. sorry about that. I don't know how to. download it on my own. thank you.

Go back to that link. First, select the language you want, unless you want to download it in Albanian. Just below the language selection are the links to download in the four resolutions available, including 240p.

Who didn't shed a tear at the children singing. Ah, Sweet!

And even though Bro Noumair said it wasn't about technology, they sure know how to use what they do have to the full in the ministry and their meetings.

Good points on Jehovah's name.  Interesting that Hebrew bibles still have his name, even though they won't pronounce it.  It was Christendom that removed it.

Look forward to using the new video.

How can I get the download of the section about the guy in prison?  I'm going on a Bible Study tomorrow with the sister's grandson who is just starting house arrest for 90 days.  A 'captive audience'.  he he 

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

If you ha

How can I get the download of the section about the guy in prison?  I'm going on a Bible Study tomorrow with the sister's grandson who is just starting house arrest for 90 days.  A 'captive audience'.  he he 

If you have a tablet or smart phone with JW Library it is under publications/videos/interviews  just click on video you wish and cloud symbol will change after it has downloaded

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

If you ha

If you have a tablet or smart phone with JW Library it is under publications/videos/interviews  just click on video you wish and cloud symbol will change after it has downloaded

It may take some days before the video segment on the Prison Initiative in the June broadcast is available under videos (interviews) on JWLib. In the meantime, there's an older one...."From Prison to Prosperity." Would that work for you?

Brenda you can simply cut out that part from the downloaded June program. My tablet has that feature am sure with a video editor you can do the same. Or just play the segment you need.

Edited by Sunnyside

The broadcast reminded me of a screenshot I took a couple of months ago while watching something or other. It shows the inside of a tabernacle and, I assume, Deut 6:4?

post-6059-0-52445800-1433191596.jpg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I mean synagogue!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I really liked the comment to "think of the prisons as a 'gated community' with 2 million people"

Our Congregation is quite involved with the "Prison Ministry" and have two or three prisons in our territory. We have Brothers in there that are counted as members of our Congregation and comment regularly and give student talks.

One of the prisons in our Congregation is THE State Prison - the one with "Death Row".

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

One of the prisons in our Congregation is THE State Prison - the one with "Death Row".

There is a brother in Vacaville that held meetings at the California State Prison and Medical Facility for over 50 years, I'm pretty sure he talked to Juan Corona and Charles Manson and many other infamous criminals that spent some time there.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Good points on Jehovah's name.  Interesting that Hebrew bibles still have his name, even though they won't pronounce it.  It was Christendom that removed it.

I enjoyed that point too. At least the Hebrew Bible has the tetragrammaton. That's a nice point to talk with a Jewish person.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Did anyone else notice? During the part on prisons, for a few moments starting at the 35 minute and 13 second mark, you can see an Insight volume, a Bible, a concordance, and a Spanish Proclaimers book. To me, they all appear to have cardboard covers! What do you suppose this means?

Or am I seeing things...?

Many prisons don't allow hard book binding. The prisons have been using paperback books from us long before we had them in the congregation.

Even now, although the paper back editions are no longer produced for congregation use, they are still made for use in the prisons.

Some of the books that have never been available in paperback for us have been available for prison use for many years.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

As John stated, many prisons have strict restrictions on the books allowed in. Before the society started printing prison editions (yes they do special editions just for prison). We used to have to rip the covers off, and try to keep the binding together to spend to my family members in prison.