JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JUNE 2015 - JW Broadcasting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3198 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Brenda you can simply cut out that part from the downloaded June program. My tablet has that feature am sure with a video editor you can do the same. Or just play the segment you need.

What app do you use? I tried cutting segments with Windows Movie Maker and VLC media player but they gave me trouble.

Many prisons don't allow hard book binding. The prisons have been using paperback books from us long before we had them in the congregation.

Even now, although the paper back editions are no longer produced for congregation use, they are still made for use in the prisons.

Some of the books that have never been available in paperback for us have been available for prison use for many years.

Thanks for this information; I'm glad someone asked about it. I hadn't noticed the books...and definitely did not know about the special edition paperback books for prisons. I just love this forum; I learn something new every day.

Yeah I remember my first bethel tour they showed us the special prison editions. I was so happy cause I remember having to tear the covers off. Then when they switched us to them.. I'm not a fan of them for us. lol I like the hard back better. The PUL is probably one of my favorites. I just don't like paper back cause it is not very durable. 

I LOVE the song this month. It is very close in style/genre to the first one, which is my very favorite. I can for sure see a lot of jamming with it. It's kind of folksy/jazzy. Reminds me of Michael Buble a bit, John Cougar Melloncamp... that kind of vibe... which is one of my favorite kinds of music. 

I too was wondering about his eye! Idk... but that was what I was thinking too...I don't remember his eye being swollen like that before. :(

Is br Jackson ok? His left eye is like he is having trouble... Anyone know?

I noticed that too!

I've noticed that I believe since the 2013 annual meeting. It's probably a medical situation.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It's not a major issue, it's just something we've not noticed in the past since he would only be seen on a stage from a distance, or in small pictures in printed publications. The era of high-resolution video helps greatly with communication, but it heavily emphasizes facial features that would otherwise go entirely unnoticed.

Here is a picture of Bro Jackson at the MTS 121 graduation in 2010. 

post-574-0-23177100-1433252963_thumb.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My husband has the same issue in his right eye...I think it is from having to sleep on his right side..that side of his face gets squished on the pillow!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Awesome program, I heartily agree!  The prison video segment was quite emotional.  I don't think I've ever seen a happier brother or sister ever!  Except the two brothers from South Africa.  Or the lovely brother from Russia meeting his mum for the first time.  Or...or...aw, it's all just lovely!

I agree with all other posts about the Broadcasts being Awesome!

But the part...when the Bro. said he was in prison on his knees praying and then an elder knocked on his door as he was praying. The elder said he asked him if he was an angel..lol

That just reassures us of the great love Jehovah and Jesus have for all and any of us who seek them. The right on time help stirs my heart to beat so fast and my mind to know that during the GT Jehovah will act at the right moments. As he did when Moses and the Israelites were at the red sea with no where to go.

I am looking to Jehovah to supply us all help and support at the right time on time as he see the necessity. Therefore friends, just stand and see the salvation of Jehovah. It is not far off.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

This was a great program. I really enjoyed the segment about prison witnessing. It's amazing to see how many inmates thirst for spiritual truth and how Jehovah cares for them and doesn't forget them because they made a few bad choices in life. A good way to use this to encourage brothers in the congregation is to show them that Jehovah even loves those in prison, so never doubt that he will care for, protect, love, cherish, forgive, and encourage those who already belong to him. Also of interest, Brother Jackson mentioned that 39 languages will soon receive the new world translation. I'm pretty sure that's not even including the languages that will receive a revised edition. Good things are coming!

Nice JW broadcasting part about faithful slave not being around for 1900 years. Nice 4 points.

Side note, an elderly pioneer sister asked me to make her some DVDs for the monthly JW broadcasting videos. She states she has ran out of storage on her Samsung 7 or 8 inch tablet. She has no home Internet (can't budget for it - living simply pioneering). I initially asked her to speak with elders to see if they have a provision for situations like this. I work out in service with the field service Overseer /group service Overseer this past Saturday and he tells me the only provision made for others is to come to Hall every 3rd Saturday and watch videos there that's it. So I talk to her Sunday, let her know of what I was informed of. She tells me she has a 32gb micro SD card in her tablet. I told her with me knowing that, she has the capability /capacity to see all JW broadcasting videos. Told her that I can take care of this by Tuesday. So Sunday night I start, spent about 4 hrs downloading and downloading 480p videos. Come home from work, spent about 2 more hours downloading and transferring to her card and went well. Grabbed 208 files at 21.5gb. Transferred to card and that's it.

I wish there was a feature that one could one click download a particular resolution of video to your computer and that's it. Oh well it's done ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I wish there was a feature that one could one click download a particular resolution of video to your computer and that's it. Oh well it's done ☺

There is. You set it in upper right corner with the setting cog symbol. When click on symbol you get page as shown.

I have noticed with using Chrome browser with free Flash Video Downloader professional that it saves video name as video Plus the real title of video this is on jw broadcast. may not for other sites.

eg.Video  David H Splane The Slave Is Not 1900 Years Old (Matt 2445)  Morning Worship.mp4post-5252-0-69574900-1433804914_thumb.jp

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I download the videos and once a month convert them to a DVD for 3 elderly ones that don't have internet, tablets, etc but do have a DVD player. One couple hardly make it to meetings due to health. Another couple - his wife just died Sat.morning - they were married 65 years.

Edited by pnutts

I download the videos and once a month convert them to a DVD for 3 elderly ones that don't have internet, tablets, etc but do have a DVD player. One couple hardly make it to meetings due to health. Another couple - his wife just died Sat.morning - they were married 65 years.

How do you covert to DVD's? Whenever I try on my laptop, it won't play back on a regular DVD player, only on the laptop.

How do you covert to DVD's? Whenever I try on my laptop, it won't play back on a regular DVD player, only on the laptop.

That depends on the make/model of the DVD player itself.

Most newer players will play MP4 files directly. Older players often require DVD encoding, a specific disk format, etc.

There are some freeware programs or burn programs that come bundled with computers that allow you to make a regular DVD with vob files.

Or you can purchase a program that allows drag n drop - some are about US$50 - some are more some less.

VSO convertxtodvd is about US$49

I use my main computer with 16Gb Ram and 8 cores - it uses it all and runs cpu at 50C temp with water cooler.

Edited by pnutts