JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have you ever wondered...(funny stuff only)

Tortuga

Have you ever wonder if someone that was constantly trying to add a little levity to a conversation would be guilty of practicing levitation?

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My poor attempts at levity are called "Shut up, Pauline!" with back ground groaning. A least I've never been accused of practicing levitation (yet).

I wonder if the Tribe of Levi was ever accused of Levitation?

If they had denim, would they be Levi's in Levis?

If someone from the Tribe of Levi was named Ty, Would he be LeviTy?

Is that groaning I hear in the background???

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Why do people say "millimeter" with the "m" as part of the "meter" part as in "Mill-ah-meter" but pronounce kilometer with the "m" as part of the "o" as in "kil-om-eter" and "odometer" with the "m" as part of "dom" as in "o-dom-eter"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Why do people say "millimeter" with the "m" as part of the "meter" part as in "Mill-ah-meter" but pronounce kilometer with the "m" as part of the "o" as in "kil-om-eter" and "odometer" with the "m" as part of "dom" as in "o-dom-eter"

O, I don't know...

I don't know, either.

Why do people say "millimeter" with the "m" as part of the "meter" part as in "Mill-ah-meter" but pronounce kilometer with the "m" as part of the "o" as in "kil-om-eter" and "odometer" with the "m" as part of "dom" as in "o-dom-eter"?

Sounding it out, the word doesn't work like the others.

m-illi-meter, mi-lli-meter, millim-eter. No matter how you slice it it's impossible to change it to fit the format of the others you listed above.

Then look at barometer- bar-om-uter (phonetically) and decimeter des-a meter not 'uter'. It's just what it is. Language- who can explain the way it works- no please don't, makes my head hurt.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

m-illi-meter, mi-lli-meter, millim-eter. No matter how you slice it it's impossible to change it to fit the format of the others you listed above.

Then look at barometer- bar-om-uter (phonetically) and decimeter des-a meter not 'uter'. It's just what it is. Language- who can explain the way it works- no please don't, makes my head hurt.

I say Keel-ah-meter Keel ah liter. and keel ah gram. 

Also, have you ever wondered what Eve may have looked like?

(Hint to married brothers: You are contractually obligated to say 'probably like my wife'!)

Eve was a red head????

my wife is....

:D

Have you ever wondered why Adam didn't give Eve a name until after she sinned?

What did he call her?

Have you ever wondered if he said 

"Hey Woman, go get me some fruit and stay away from that tree!"?

Have you ever wondered why Adam didn't give Eve a name until after she sinned?

What did he call her?

Have you ever wondered if he said 

"Hey Woman, go get me some fruit and stay away from that tree!"?

All I know is, it didn't matter what Eve called Adam.. as long as it wasn't late for his dinner!!

Maybe she should have called him late for dinner and we'd not be in this mess.

Or called him early for dinner.

I think he was used to fixing his own dinner and decided to try her cooking, the one day that he sends her out to do the grocery shopping she runs into some snake at the fruit stand...

Have you ever wondered if people who put their hair in a shower cap really get their ears clean? Also, how often do people scrub out their navel? 

I have never used a shower cap but I do scrub my navel, trim my nails and pluck stray hairs just before I weigh myself, every little bit helps... :D