JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection Centers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2649 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Who going to make the center and the video?

You and I  :) 

and why can the family do the welcome?

They may be working on an assignment  :) 

We don't know how Jehovah will arrange the resurrections, I just thought this method sounded nice.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I kind of hope the first thing they say is "Please put on this robe."

i think she has that covered 

coffee? with or with out cream 

You do realise that only people alive in the past 20-30 years would even know what a video is.

good point 

addition to providing food for them

but what if there not hungry when they get up 

i dont know about you i some time dont eat instill 11am i get up at 6am 

Edited by bobby

You do realise that only people alive in the past 20-30 years would even know what a video is.  ^_^

I was thinking of having a video welcome them instead of just a voice, it would quickly introduce them to the concept of a video but on the other hand it might be frightening. The calm voice might also be frightening but may not be as confusing as a video wall. The whole problem was how to quickly speak to them in their native tongue. Naturally if they are resurrected with the ability to speak a new language then a person could be there to meet and greet them. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A "welcome center", right ?

Yeah, I really enjoy the "All things new" novel. :P

http://allthingsnewnovel.blogspot.jp/

I'm not familiar with that. Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.

I kind of hope the first thing they say is "Please put on this robe."

Oops. I forgot clothing!

Maybe it will be optional.. :D

This would require us to be high tech, no?

Absolutely. No reason to digress...

What about coffee? Will there be coffee??? :coffee:

Maybe, just no bacon  :(

Bit too Scifi for me and I love Scifi. If I was resurected I would hope my family are there to welcome me back rather than cold machinery. For those I have lost I want to be there to explain to them what has happened and why.

So many ideas and ways of thinking how it may be. All exciting regardless. Keep coming up with ideas.

They would have been familiar, as many in ancient times have seen "VISIONs" similar to Videos of current world :)

Maybe we'll have hologram technology by then and the resurrected one could be greeted by a hologram. That could be useful in case they panic and get violent.

:D

If I was resurrected I would hope my family are there to welcome me back rather than cold machinery. For those I have lost I want to be there to explain to them what has happened and why.

That would be the best way to be resurrected but I was thinking about some of the logistical challenges doing it that way.

What if the person doesn't have any family?

What if the family is scattered around the earth, which part of the family will receive them?

Considering the number of people that will be resurrected, would the family have time to learn enough to teach the rest of the family as they are resurrected?

What if the family is very busy working on cleaning the earth?

Sooooo many questions....

Of course all things are possible with Jehovah but seeing how the earthly part of his organization uses technology I thought this would be an interesting idea.

Well, one thing is clear. They won't come back swapping stories of how it was being dead that's for sure!

(Eccl.9: 5, 10)

Hmmmm...

Note to self: Don't decorate the Resurrection Center with pictures of Cherubs.