JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

I like tapioca pudding - but I can't stand corned beef

Instant tapioca...blah, but hot and homemade with lots of real vanilla oozing out the top...yeah!  So you don't care for bully beef as our friends in the UK call it ?  :chef:

And a genuine rueben sandwich made the traditional way with extra kraut ???   

Instant tapioca...blah, but hot and homemade with lots of real vanilla oozing out the top...yeah!  So you don't care for bully beef as our friends in the UK call it ?  :chef:

And a genuine rueben sandwich made the traditional way with extra kraut ???   

I love a good Reuben sandwich with a cold beer..... :infatuated:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I worked at Burger King in my teen, same thing people would try to mix One up. That was some time back, so it would not surprise me if that's the policy these days. Time Of the end lots things have changed.

I worked at Burger King in my teen, same thing people would try to mix One up. That was some time back, so it would not surprise me if that's the policy these days. Time Of the end lots things have changed.

Alexa, are you able to quote the post that you are replying to?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Rueben sándwich sounds very good, never had Home tapioca pudding but sounds Great.

Now liver in any form is gross with a capital "G" hahaha.

Don't know if there are any authentic delicatessens in your area Sis. But Arby's had Ruebens a couple of months a go made with horse raddish, they were pretty good.  My sweetheart makes some deelish tapioca,made with lots of authentic vanilla extract from Mexico, and ground vanilla beans, and just a dash of cinnamon. Quite a delicacy!

Don't know if there are any authentic delicatessens in your area Sis. But Arby's had Ruebens a couple of months a go made with horse raddish, they were pretty good.  My sweetheart makes some deelish tapioca,made with lots of authentic vanilla extract from Mexico, and ground vanilla beans, and just a dash of cinnamon. Quite a delicacy!

Have you had Mexican chocolate mousse?

No...but it sure sounds good.  What is that ?  A small Mexican rat that fell into the Chocolate vat ?

It's a mousse made with Ibarra Mexican chocolate and it has a little cinnamon in it. My wife adds a little rum to it... :thumbsup:

It's a mousse made with Ibarra Mexican chocolate and it has a little cinnamon in it. My wife adds a little rum to it... :thumbsup:

Sounds really good!  I haven't tried Ibarra's yet. Is that the same chocolate used as in Abuelita's ? The little hexagonal shaped chocolate cinnamon bars used in traditional Mexican deserts ? Sounds especially good with rum!    :ok:

Sounds really good!  I haven't tried Ibarra's yet. Is that the same chocolate used as in Abuelita's ? The little hexagonal shaped chocolate cinnamon bars used in traditional Mexican deserts ? Sounds especially good with rum!    :ok:

Yes. My wife makes a light mousse out of it, adds a little rum and then sprinkles a course sugar on top. MMMmmmm  

Tortuga forgive me, I think that Burger King comment was from a 2014 threadi am very new at this but will try to stay in the past 90 days at least hahaha.

BTW you said you were a pup and worked at mcDs. (I think that was you)... I am a work in progress I but I will try and get the hang of it.

Thanks for responding:)

Tortuga forgive me, I think that Burger King comment was from a 2014 threadi am very new at this but will try to stay in the past 90 days at least hahaha.

BTW you said you were a pup and worked at mcDs. (I think that was you)... I am a work in progress I but I will try and get the hang of it.

Thanks for responding:)

You are doing fine, we are all happy that you are participating. Quoting just makes it easier to associate the reply to the post. Some applications wont quote so if your browser isn't quoting, try using Chrome or another browser.

Glad you are here!

If you can't remember the difference between windward and leeward, just remember that a smart sailor would know to 'pee to the lee', it should be pretty easy to figure it out.

If you can't remember the difference between windward and leeward, just remember that a smart sailor would know to 'pee to the lee', it should be pretty easy to figure it out.

Only takes one time!

An only a lubber spits into the wind.  :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...

Emma's alarm went off so we could listen to the meeting but I think she must have had a bad night:

"What's going on? This iPod has got no business being invented!"

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I suspect there will be a lot of mudslides in California this winter. Most of the people in my neighborhood have let their lawn die and now have a dirt lawn. It was on the news that a lot of trees are becoming diseased or dying due to the drought. I see a lot of ground cover in the hillsides that has died due to the drought. They are forecasting a very wet winter and I suspect we are losing the root structure that would help prevent mud slides. I'm predicting my neighbors dirt lawn will wash out and plug up the street drain and cause the street to flood. I better get the sand bags ready.... 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/rain-in-california-can-do-more-harm-than-good/ar-AAetD9R?li=BBgzzfc

This is likely to happen in a congregation like ours, where there are lots of temporary Bethel assignments. Evidently, one brother was reassigned to a far away place and I guess he had not finished a territory, so gave the card to the Service Overseer (to finish). To the territory servant it looked like a lost 'map/card', and he assigned me the territory. Both the service overseer and myself were working the same territory. An unbaptized publisher was working the same street with me during the week and with the service overseer's group on Saturday. :(  I'll get a new territory midweek. I shared with the unbaptized publisher that Jehovah was already using her.  Unfortunately, on Saturday, one householder became a 'dnc.' I guess the person said, "you religious people are around here too often." :unsure:  

There is a TV documentary on about a 15 year old named Colt. His father named him Colt after a gun company. Colt was inundated by guns his entire life. At 15, he shot and killed his step-father. A 12 year old boy was with Colt. Both of them were tried as adults and each got a 30 year sentence. Colt's bio Dad was interviewed and he said he has no regrets about surrounding Colt's world with guns. He even showed baby pictures of little Colt playing with plastic guns. Sad world. :cry:

There is a TV documentary on about a 15 year old named Colt. His father named him Colt after a gun company. Colt was inundated by guns his entire life. At 15, he shot and killed his step-father. A 12 year old boy was with Colt. Both of them were tried as adults and each got a 30 year sentence. Colt's bio Dad was interviewed and he said he has no regrets about surrounding Colt's world with guns. He even showed baby pictures of little Colt playing with plastic guns. Sad world. :cry:

The 12 year old got retried as a juvenile and got a 25 year sentence. (The report said this is the same as the original sentence, although i thought it previously said 30 years.) At age 18, the younger one can serve the rest of his time in an alternate avenue like group home or probation. Colt's father did not think the younger person should have gotten retried. The younger male did risk a 65 year sentence if he lost the retrial in juvie, but, instead, got retried as an adult (which didn't happen, in case this is confusing). Jehovah must see so many atrocities in the world. So much heartbreak. I'm glad that we can offer people a future hope.