JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A new version of Equipd has been released!

I haven't seen this posted yet.

For those who are still using Equipd, an update has been released that fixes some of the display/formatting issues.

But, the great news is that there is a new version available on the App Store (iOS only as far as I know).

This new app acts as an ePub reader and is just for the Bible. It's pretty much the same, feature wise, as the old Equipd in that you can display multiple Bible versions on the same screen. It comes with the King James Version and some others as a default. If you want the New World Translation you'll have to visit JW.org and download it yourself.

This new version also allows you to add notes to specific verses. I've only just installed it so I don't know all it's features yet. 

Visit www.equipd.me for more information.

EDIT: fixed link

Edited by trottigy

I dont want to sound bad but why do you even need to pay for this app? Isnt that violating the copyright ?

Look what it says from jw.org regarding the website and whatever publication linked to it:

You cant:

Republish Content from this website with or as part of any software application;

Reproduce, duplicate, copy, or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose or for money (even if no profit is involved), including the distribution of computer applications based on, connected, or linked (whether static or dynamic) to this website;

I dont want to sound bad but why do you even need to pay for this app? Isnt that violating the copyright ?

Nope.

If you want the New World Translation you'll have to visit JW.org and download it yourself.

The software does not contain any copyrighted materials, nor does it automatically download or link to any copyrighted materials. Although it is JW-oriented, it is legally no different than Moon Reader or any other EPUB reader.

Just wanted to mention that my full review and instructions for using the app are now available here:

How to use Equipd Bible for iPhone and iPad

Please let me know if there is anything I missed  :)

How about a description for how to use the MP3 files - 

For example - what if I want to slowly add the new Bible files as they come available. Is there anything special I need to do - can I? 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

How about a description for how to use the MP3 files -

For example - what if I want to slowly add the new Bible files as they come available. Is there anything special I need to do - can I?

I just added the new mp3 files of the 2013 revision. Go to the download page for the Bible on jw.org and click the audio option, then you can choose the zip file for Matthew, or Galatians etc. choose ”open in...." and select Equipd Bible. The app will ask you which translation you want to associate the audio with. It does the rest.

Hope this helps.

You can only play the audio in single language view, however.

Edited by bohemian

I hope he adds options for magazines, books and such. This is how his program should have worked and he wouldn't have had to pull it.

This makes me ask - anyone know how to update the files in the original equipd to add new literature? I know if I do it for myself and personal use, I won't be breaking the user agreement.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

I've read his blog several times and it seems to say (unless I am totally off base) that you can load almost any epub file as long as it follows the same naming convention used for other epubs.  Has anyone experimented with this to know if it is true or not?

I just received my materials for Pioneer school and love be able to consolidate all of my materials into one program.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I've read his blog several times and it seems to say (unless I am totally off base) that you can load almost any epub file as long as it follows the same naming convention used for other epubs.  Has anyone experimented with this to know if it is true or not?

I just received my materials for Pioneer school and love be able to consolidate all of my materials into one program.

You could ask Matt on the support forum.  He is quick to answer and very helpful.

So equips has been updated and is currently working again. We're any changes made to original application to make it compatible with JW.org terms?

No. "Versions 3.4.9 and 3.5.0 were simply to restore the status quo before the breaking changes on WOL. It was not about adding new features, or about new users getting to download Equipd. It is just supporting the existing users who already had Equipd before I decided to remove it from the App Store." - http://support.equipd.me/entries/83077955-Coming-Soon-Version-3-5-0

I haven't tried the new app yet, but based on what I've read about it Equipd Bible is an app for reading Bibles in the epub format. It would not directly load non-bible epub files. It does support opening scriptures from other apps in the Equipd Bible app. I suppose a knowledgeable person could edit an epub file and replace all the scriptural links to open in Equipd Bible instead of a pop-up. You'd still be using at least two apps though.

• 1 month later...
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to let you know I've now added a walk-through video for Equipd Bible. You can watch it here:

This new video covers adding new Bibles, importing mp3s, adding favorites, and notes.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And now 3.5.5 is available.

it fixes the February date by adding the 29. :)

also, it adds some hamlet codes in the notes. 

Soon .....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...