JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US Supreme Court Says Gay Marriage Legal in All States

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3078 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've said in the past on other posts, that I feel it totally possible that this becomes the issues for Jehovah's people. It's entirely possible that this issue is seen as a WORLDWIDE right and the UN abolish religion because it's religion that stands in the way of total worldwide acceptance. The world will then pat itself on the back and think it has solved a major issue. Jehovah's people will continue to be the only ones who apply Bible principles and therefore, will not allow same sex marriage or homosexuality amongst their thrones. The masses become outraged at Jehovah's people because of our stand. Non-Witnesses will have to make a choice of whether or not to stand by Bible principles or not (insert the separating of the sheep and the goats here).

Totally logical to me! Of course, I'm speculating, but it is one of the possible out workings!

I don't know if this issue, itself, would become 'the' issue, or not.

But there is something unusual taking place, here.  The behavior of a minority seems to now find itself being billed as a nationwide- and now, international-wide- cause that is becoming a new 'civil rights' movement.  It's as if this one- misguided- cause is rallying a generation that is looking to establish their own moral legacy.

The irony, is that it will do the opposite, by placing them in a position that is radically against Jehovah God.

And at the same time, reduce their own level of human morality, to a depth that makes them even less worthy of God's consideration and mercy, as the "end" approaches.

"But I say to you, it will be more endurable for the land of Sod′om on Judgment Day, than for you.”- Mt.11:24

People seem to be confusing race with behavior.  And confusing good judgment with bigotry. 

And Christendom is confusing the issue, with their political approach to the matter.

How low will this system go?

A couple of things have come to mine.  Firstly for parents.  My heart just about breaks to think of the level of indoctrination our sweet children are and will be subjected to regarding this topic in the public school system. If Christian (Witness) parents don't keep their eye on the ball their children, from a very young age will be made to feel that there is nothing wrong with the so-called "new morality", I know most parents (and grandparents) here online are pretty clued up but I think that they must pay attention every day to what their children are being taught - if your five year old comes home with a picture of a rainbow, you'd better check what the teacher told him or her about it.

Also how low will Jehovah allow all this to go?  I was thinking of the Sodom and Gomorrah and all the men gathering to rape the angels.  Now statistically speaking it is most unlikely that 100% of the men were sexually attracted to males but what was the case is that they ALL were sympathetic to "the cause", that they wanted 100% conformity, that anyone in their community that was an outsider had to participate in immorality or be willing to endorse or support it.  

I do think Jehovah's going to let things get as bad as they can be.  Not all over the world, I remember reading a comment where the slave said we are not to expect all the signs, all the time at all the different locations on earth... meaning some areas would be more effected by one thing than another making a composite worldwide sign.  Maybe in Africa and more religious societies homosexuality will never be accepted but in other countries (in the West for example) I believe things will get worse and worse.  

Already the friends have pointed out quotes that "this is only the beginning" that there is a desire for total acceptance by secular and religious communities and I think that behind them will be a push to make transgender issues and a general blurring of the lines between the sexes (something we are already seeing now).  Will there be a legalization of polygamy? I think so.  And while people still find the idea of pedophilia abhorrent, I can envision the lowering of the age of concent to 14 or so and the progressive sexualization of children (behind which the illegal sex trade of children and the abhorrent abuse of children will continue to grow).

When I see all this I feel like Habakkuk... "How long O Jehovah?"  

May Jehovah continue to bless HIs people that, while the world sinks lower and lower, are being raised up higher and higher thanks to the leadership of His son.

Edited by sunshine

• 3 months later...

How does politics relate to our Kingdom message?

The easiest way to lose someone's ear is to bring up a divisive topic where their views differ from the Bible. Our message is designed to be palatable to all, why muddy the waters by straying from the Bible's message?

true, we are out there to appeal to honest hearted humble people. those that are not inclined won't matter, but at least they cannot claim that they weren't given a chance to hear the message...

I've always felt that way Ryan. As a matter of fact, I have a return visit and she's gay, and the last time I saw her, her and her partner were living together. The last time I saw them was in the street, I just greeted them as in "hello, when can i come by" to them, we made conversation and then moved on. I found them both very pleasant. I don't know if they were planning to be "married" or not. In addition, my specialty medical appts are in the lower East side (the village), where the majority of homosexuality is. I love going out there for to me there's freedom. Of course some will frown on that statement just made but oh well. People are gonna judge no matter.

But one thing that came to mind was now that it's legal everywhere in the U.S. for them, and I think someone here had already mentioned it is this: It'll probably be labeled a hate crime if we (as in people not just JW) show any type of disdain? I'm just guessing. Now we're (again as in people) "have" to accept it since it's legal? If we're (this time we as in JW), introduced to them as husband/husband or wife/wife, do we have to say "nice to meet you" as we would a husband/wife? I just can't see myself doing that! I just can't! Maybe I'm just putting the cart before the horse.

Anyway, gotta continue getting ready for my meeting. At least there I'll be with people who got some sense in their heads, even for a moment.

well, i think it can be summed up by something as simple as this:  there's a difference between tolerance and acceptance. in other words, live and let live. don't throw your lifestyle/choices in my face and we can get along just neighborly.

Unfortunately I believe This is gonna impact ALOT of witnesses.. Just google Virginia and the "gender identity" classes their making mandatory for all students. The classes will start at kindergarten thru 8th and teach things like gay marriage, the meaning of incest and help kids identify which gender they identify with out of like 100 terms! Plus parents can't opt out -this is sick!

home school rocks ?

I thank Jehovah God I was homeschooled! After a fellow classmate in first grade decided to pay another kid $1 to "kill" me and then decided to get me in the girl's bathroom and literally stomped me, I am happy I got a GED and stayed out of that mess! In Indiana at the school I went to the teacher's fussed at you for asking questions or raising your hands..... It was a mess!

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!