JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3191 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

How many languages is JW.org available in?

How many languages is UN.org available in?

For extra points, which web site will reach more people?  :lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well JW.org is a whopping 733 Languages while UN.org is only in 30 Languages. But, I am sure you can guess which site gets more unique visitors every month.

JW.org ranks as the 1310th most popular site 

whilst

UN.org ranks as 3680th most popular site. 

Edited by Brother Arellano

I thought jw broadcasting said it was almost 800 languages,maybe I heard wrong. semantics though 500 or 900 even it's incredible, only Jehovah could be behind this.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I thought jw broadcasting said it was almost 800 languages,maybe I heard wrong. semantics though 500 or 900 even it's incredible, only Jehovah could be behind this.

Semantics indeed. This is truly a great feat when you examine that the number one most viewed site in the world Google ( no surprise ) offers only about 150 languages. While JW.org no doubt strives to provide literature in every persons native language even at a paltry 733 languages is understandable by nearly all the earths population. 

Edited by Brother Arellano

I'm amazed the UN site is only in 30 languages, I only saw 6 when I looked, maybe I wasn't smart enough to navigate a web site that represents an organization that plans to educate and save the world...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm amazed the UN site is only in 30 languages, I only saw 6 when I looked, maybe I wasn't smart enough to navigate a web site that represents an organization that plans to educate and save the world...

You have to drill down a little bit to find the translation page. 

You have to drill down a little bit to find the translation page. 

It looks like you win today's Pop Quiz, you are entitled to an extra day of everlasting life*

* Reward is only valid if the participant is still alive 10,000 years from date of quiz.

I heard the same thing sis. I can hardly wait when we reach a 1,000 languages. That is mind blowing. Plus, we cannot comprehend what is going on with the organization with languages, etc, only Jehovah can. Because it is his organization.

Edited by Dustparticle

I don't recall where I read this, so don't quote me, but I remember reading that 30 languages will cover 90% of the Earths population. Only in a God that is the personification of love will we find the effort to reach the rest.

That has always made me feel good. If He will go to such efforts for people who will, for the most part, reject Him, how hard do you think He will work for those that He has called from this world?

I don't recall where I read this, so don't quote me, but I remember reading that 30 languages will cover 90% of the Earths population. Only in a God that is the personification of love will we find the effort to reach the rest.

That has always made me feel good. If He will go to such efforts for people who will, for the most part, reject Him, how hard do you think He will work for those that He has called from this world?

Agreed. I think the comparison between the JW.org web site and the UN.org web site makes a good service point. Even if 30 languages cover 90% of the worlds population, I assume those are developed countries. The UN is supposed to helping educate undeveloped countries. You would think the web site would reach more than 30 languages...

Those 30 languages may reach 90% of the population, but that is only because most know English to some degree. Those 30 languages are unlikely to motivate the heart of indigenous people and activate them to put on a new personality. That's because our wonderful God cares about every human even when large organisations like the UN treat them by their omission of the variety of languages as minorities.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

That has always made me feel good. If He will go to such efforts for people who will, for the most part, reject Him,

how hard do you think He will work for those that He has called from this world?and those people have answered!

Not sure how it happened being technically challenged, tekmanto, but it appears I edited your comment.

btw? Luv the "name", tekmanto. Very creative, which I notice is common with Witnesses.

And here I thought we were going to have a thread about Soda (you know - Coke, Pepsi, DR Pepper)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

And here I thought we were going to have a thread about Soda (you know - Coke, Pepsi, DR Pepper)

Funny!

Ok, what is the prime ingredient in Dr Pepper?

Water - the same thing that is most prominent in all soft drinks

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Water - the same thing that is most prominent in all soft drinks

You win!