JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China spends billions to prevent stock market crash

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3209 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

China's stock market is in trouble. It's down over 20% since mid-June.

But Chinese stock brokers are trying to tell scared investors: Stop selling. Help is on the way.

On Saturday, China's 21 largest brokerage firms said they would spend a whopping 120 billion yuan (about $19.3 billion) to try to stabilize the market, according to Chinese state media. The firms will actually buy stock funds themselves.

Wait, I thought the dollar was supposed to crash and China and Russia were to have their money as the default currency of the world and "overtake America" :eek: What Happened?
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Wait, I thought the dollar was supposed to crash and China and Russia were to have their money as the default currency of the world and "overtake America" :eek: What Happened?

I tell you what happened. Russia and China is not the feet with iron that mix with clay. It is Anglo-America!! Daniel 2:41-43 Now, I'm going NUTS saying this!!! :deadhorse:  :bringiton:  :raspberry:  :drink:  :loopy:  :poke:  :taz:

That reminds me, whatever happened to Chris (Jordan)? Hope he's doing okay. ..

I wonder what is going to happen with all those empty cities over there? 

I think that is where all the Jehovah's Witnesses will be imprisoned during the Great Tribulation.  In those Chinese ghost cities.

Glenn, here's some chocolate for you 

156897sosa00sp61.gif

Edited by Shawnster

I think that is where all the Jehovah's Witnesses will be imprisoned during the Great Tribulation.  In those Chinese ghost cities.

Oh please don't put us all together and away from everyone else!

Please don't throw us in the brier patch!

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The problem may rest in the possibility of a U.S. default on its debt, which could cascade into reality if growing tension and fear, influences reserve nations to abandon the present reserve currency, or maneuver to prepare to escape a plunging dollar that results from such a default.

If foreign credit suddenly dries up, the Fiat system- which seems to be propping up the remains of the old petrodollar- might no longer even be able to finance the national interest payments, and default could be inevitable.

Nations such as China- as bad off as they would be- might then have the most solid foundation of wealth-production to rest the value of their currency on. And other nations might have little option but to flee to the shelter of another default currency that retains a credible trade value.  And that might spell the end of the dollar, as Americans know it.

Those who worry about the existence of a "world economy", might no longer have that concern to worry about, if the "world economy", itself, becomes insolvent and no longer viable.

Keep in mind, however, that major problems in the past- 1929, for example- did not mean the "end", but rather, the beginning of "hard times".

Whatever happens, sticking close to Jehovah, is the best advise there is!

"Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness...never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles."- Mt.6:33-34

The problem may rest in the possibility of a U.S. default on its debt, which could cascade into reality if growing tension and fear, influences reserve nations to abandon the present reserve currency, or maneuver to prepare to escape a plunging dollar that results from such a default.

If foreign credit suddenly dries up, the Fiat system- which seems to be propping up the remains of the old petrodollar- might no longer even be able to finance the national interest payments, and default could be inevitable.

Nations such as China- as bad off as they would be- might then have the most solid foundation of wealth-production to rest the value of their currency on. And other nations might have little option but to flee to the shelter of another default currency that retains a credible trade value.  And that might spell the end of the dollar, as Americans know it.

Thanks. How much of that can you translate into English?

:blink:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Admit it all. It is a screw up world. Here is my solution to all this economic mess and that is, if countries runs out of money, cancel the debit and print more money.

Like this?

post-574-0-09544500-1436142218.jpg

Thanks. How much of that can you translate into English?

:blink:

B)   The hope, is that the creditors won't bail out on the dollar.

It is sort of like watching the Titanic go down, and listening to the Captain inform the people in the lifeboats, that they'd better return to the ship, because it's still the biggest boat in town, and..."besides...its freezing, out there".

Or maybe that doesn't mean anything, and everything is going to be all right.   :unsure: 

"That is why I will show a waiting attitude."- Lamentations 3:21

"But as for me, I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah. I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me."- Micah 7:7

Like this?

attachicon.gifDoritos.JPG

I think the 'print-more' experiment, has already been attempted.

But not the debt-cancellation suggestion.  Offhand, I believe that every nation in the world, is now in debt. (according to the World Debt Clock)

And it seems that they're all ready to take a nose dive into the ocean, rather than just cancel each other's debt,  :wacko:

You have an idea, there, though!  Doritos could replace gold and petroleum as the standard for a new reserve currency. Interest rates can be consumed, and life goes on as usual. :lol:  

Brother Dash21...

I totally agree that we must have a waiting attitude. The longer you wait though, the harder it seems to be!

I guess the longer you stand at the bus stop, waiting for your particular bus to arrive, the more apprehensive you fell...

friends in the truth...serving Jehovah for many decades...can agree with Proverbs 3:12

"Expectation postponed makes the heart sick,

but a desire realized is a tree of life."

P.S. just my singular opinion

Edited by nanceebgd46

Brother Dash21...

I totally agree that we must have a waiting attitude. The longer you wait though, the harder it seems to be!

I guess the longer you stand at the bus stop, waiting for your particular bus to arrive, the more apprehensive you fell...

friends in the truth...serving Jehovah for many decades...can agree with Proverbs 3:12

"Expectation postponed makes the heart sick,

but a desire realized is a tree of life."

P.S. just my singular opinion

Yes, it is difficult, especially when one doesn't know what 'will' or 'wont' happen, along the way; and when.

So, pending the realization of that "life", it is good that Jehovah has arranged for us to occupy those days of 'waiting', with activity that keeps us busy, as a worldwide family.  I suppose we will look back on this period, as a time when we remained loyal to Jehovah, despite our personal flaws- which the "Lion" uses to try and hold us back.  But it is difficult to withhold a destination, from a loyal man (or woman)!

That, is also the gift God gives to us all. 

Brother Dash21,

I find no disagreement with your response...not at all. I am serving Jehovah and am dedicated to continue on...come what may.

Actually, what I was reflecting on when I wrote that post was...what a psychological quandary...life has become...still and all.

we must soldier on.

Brother Dash21,

I find no disagreement with your response...not at all. I am serving Jehovah and am dedicated to continue on...come what may.

Actually, what I was reflecting on when I wrote that post was...what a psychological quandary...life has become...still and all.

we must soldier on.

No, I did not sense any disagreement present.

Yes, life has indeed become a 'psychological quandary', of sorts.  It is not easy 'soldering on', either.  

Jehovah's creations were designed to coexist in harmony, not 'fight' against opposing forces.  Isn't it good that Jehovah assigns us to right the company of spiritual solders?

Christendom does not enjoy that privilege..

Everyone is looking at Greece but they are a small player in terms to China. They are doing the same thing that US did and if i recall they scoffed at US handling of the debt crisis in 2008.

Like all asset bubbles, the fundamentals of the Chinese stock market do not support the price rise. Rather the speculative weight of money flooding into the Chinese equity market has given rise to its nose-bleeding heights.

Instead, the growth in the Chinese economy has been easing at the same time the stock market was experiencing these gains.

Whether the Chinese government's move represents little more than a padded Band-Aid remains to be seen.

Early Monday equities trading had the Chinese market rebound more than 7 per cent but it didn't have the stamina to stay there long, and lost much of its gain within an hour.