JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

July 2015 JWB program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3190 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think this broadcast will also be good for those that are in the congregations that have been abused in the past or are being abused now. Knowing for a certainty the organization's position on this issue with the awesome clarity it was presented with will no doubt encourage these ones to speak to the appropriate authorities about their experiences. Yay for safer congregations and strengthening unity <3

I agree with your statement!  Jehovah saw to it that this was in this month's program.  On another thread in here, it's a hot topic (abuse).  I  really believe with all my heart that Jehovah saw to it that the WORLD now knows that he does not approve of the "debased acts" of individuals who do these things to anyone, and particular to the little ones/children.   The World knew it before, but with all this Satanic propaganda going on, and some distorted viewpoints by the media, Jehovah had the FD&S, put it out there again for all! 

Seeing the archive footage of Harold King was wonderful.  I listened to the audio of Br. Stanley Jones (King's partner) the other day.  He served 7 years in solitary in the same prison as Jones.  What a great pair these two must have been before their imprisonment.  It is faith-strengthening to see and hear them again.

So many good things this month.  I was moved by the faithful brothers and sisters enduring persecution - especially our single sister - presently free as a bird and serving Jehovah. Jehovah forgets none of his people and notices all your sacrifices, even if you are locked in a room reading the bible by torchlight.

I'm so glad the brothers have also addressed the issue of child abuse and spoken out about our excellent record in protecting our children.  There are a lot of lies circulated on this issue about us, so I particularly appreciated the reference to Jesus words at Matthew 11: 19 "Wisdom is proved righteous by it's works".  

Edited by sunshine

I agree with the showing of Br. King.  What a wonderful man he was, and now in heaven as a King and Priest.  He wrote those songs in his mind to stay alert spiritually.  What a very nice looking man, he just had this tremendous LOVE for Jehovah!  The entire program was beneficial, persecution is coming, it will take probably be coming from all directions.  I also loved those stories of the brothers (or before they became our brothers) who persecuted their wives and later came to their senses and got accurate knowledge of Jehovah and his organization.   Truly loved the entire program, tomorrow, I'll go back and re-watch it again.   And I'll call some of the friends who don't have roku or internet service to my home to watch it.  Its truly fantastic!

I like the way Bro King described the Memorial while he was in prison.  Very touching.  Yes, the bread and wine (and even the brothers) were in his imagination, yet they were very real to him, and he partook of these imagination emblems as though they were real.

In this youtube video, Harold King explained got his sermon on the mount when in prison and also the emblems for the memorial.

https://youtu.be/vARa-s-13rI

In this youtube video, Harold King explained got his sermon on the mount when in prison and also the emblems for the memorial.https://youtu.be/vARa-s-13rI

I assume that would perhaps be later memorials, not having watched it myself. The first one was imaginary. That's how I understood what was being said.

Edited by Mykyl

yes the first one was imaginary, I am sure Jehovah was smiling.

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I get to watch it tonight with my lovely wife and mother in law   :wave:  :popcorn: 

It sounds good   :yes:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I really enjoyed the experience about the single sister, Aynura Allahverdiyeva. It starts around the 29 minute mark. What a beautiful woman, in more ways than one! Very spiritual. Very focused. Despite suffering all manner of persecution and opposition, she never gave up. Even though some might consider her to be attractive, she doesn't come across as the type to be looking for a husband. She says her family wanted her to be like other people, but she certainly doesn't appear to want to be in that respect. Her mention of the feeling that Jehovah was putting his arms around her and pulling her out of her circumstances, gives the impression that He is the most important company for her in the world. She keeps herself fixed to her goals. As Brother Morris said, she is indeed a good example for all our dear single sisters.

She mentions that she was in the 138th class of Gilead. What a change Jehovah brought about for her! She appears at a couple of points in the video about that class. She is fourth from the right, front row, at the 6:15 point, and also hugging a couple of classmates at the 6:44 mark.

And for all single sisters, I would like to say that Jehovah never forgets every little thing that you do for Him. He will help us progress. He can use anybody, anywhere, to do His will.

post-1993-0-43293100-1436319457_thumb.jp

I assume that would perhaps be later memorials, not having watched it myself. The first one was imaginary. That's how I understood what was being said.

Harold King had a great imagination! He practiced preaching to imaginary characters.

W83 11/1 How can we keep our 1st love? pg 20 par 15

When, in 1958, the missionary Harold King began to serve four and a half years in prison in China, he faced the same problem as Stanley Jones: how to keep his ‘first love,’ his deep devotion to Jehovah, alive. He reports: “To keep alive my appreciation of spiritual things, I arranged for a program of ‘preaching’ activity.”

He worked up some Bible sermons from the scriptures he remembered and preached to imaginary characters.Eventually, he conducted an imaginary Bible study. The result? When he was released, he was ready and eager to preach to real people again!

Sometimes in certain circumstances, you know, it's not bad talking to yourself. 

Some of my best conversations were when I was alone... :D

I call it soliloquizing...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

http://jwtalk.net/forums/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-1993-0-43293100-1436319457_thumb.jpg

Aynura is Russian- speaking, though she's not Russian. She demonstrated her experience from the ministry in Gilead Graduation Program. I was so glad to see her in July program as if I know her in person! Jehovah has blessed her so much! That is wonderful!

This was one of the most encouraging programs we have had so far. And it was touching to hear from Bro.

King again. Several year ago I heard an interview telling about his many experiences. One kind of humorous ( ? )

experiences he told was about the Memorial emblems he was able to develop in prison. He said he made some

rice cakes for the bread, and was able to squeeze some currents to get the juice out of them, and that became

his emblems. When he came home and went to Bethel, he told his story before the then Governing Body. He said

he had with him what was left of these emblems with him. and when he told the brothers about them Bro. Franz

took his "bread and wine". and ATE THEM ! ! ! The way he told it,  it was obvious he was not to pleased about this.

And so I've thought about this a lot myself. How could Bro, Franz do something that seemed so rude and

unkind ? And one possible answer I came up with is that he may have been concerned about these coming to

be viewed as  "holy relics", like in Christendom they have come to worship any so called holy relics of the apostles

and other of their saints. What do others of you think ?

GStorrs46

Gstorrs what wonderful insight. Looking it from that standpoint Howard king had kept them like relics when he should be looking forward. So really it wasn't for others he was worried but for howard. Imagine keeping something to remind you of your faithful service under pressure would you risk losing your humility? What was the Value in keeping them? None.

And so I've thought about this a lot myself. How could Bro, Franz do something that seemed so rude and

unkind ? And one possible answer I came up with is that he may have been concerned about these coming to

be viewed as  "holy relics", like in Christendom they have come to worship any so called holy relics of the apostles

and other of their saints. What do others of you think ?

That does make sense. They are just symbols used during the memorial and don't have a significance afterward. I remember that I was shocked the first time I saw a brother pouring the left over wine down the sink, but then I realized it had served it's purpose and didn't hold any value.

Thanks for sharing!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The July Broadcast is simply awesome! It shows us just how Jehovah provides information to educate and protect his people! What a loving Creator! I had no idea what a chicken or hawk referred to in that way. There are several articles in that June 22, 1982 Awake that parents could go over with their children and in my case, grandchildren. I know the articles are in the Watchtower Library but does anyone have this Awake in pdf form? Would be greatly appreciated. May all of us be appreciative and put to use all the information that is provided by our Heavenly Father!