JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Carnival cruises Cuba next spring!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3186 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Carnival corp. announced today that they received U.S. government approval and will be offering cruises next spring to Cuba. Carnival is still working with Cuban authorities on the details. These are not traditional cruises. American tourists are still not allowed to conduct cruises to Cuba unless they fall under one of the 12 categories for the purpose of journalism, education, religious activities, art events, etc. The unconventional cruises will start out at $2990 per person excluding taxes and additional fees. 

Religious education, that lets me take the cruise. Wait, I don't have to wait, I'm Canadian by birth and go anytime. :thumbsup: But my wife is a California girl (td) and  has to wait.

You really have the best of both worlds Peter.  :yes:   A California brown eyed girl and free health care! As a  Canadien you don't have to purchase medical travel insurance like the rest of us to enter Cuba.

Also there is an inexpensive 7 day Cruise Cuba line out of Montego Bay Jamaica, mostly Canadiens with some very nice reviews. There is a such a huge pent-up demand in the Cruise industry for inexpensive cruises to Cuba and Itinerary stops along the way to other ports in the Caribbean.

We would love to visit our brothers in Cuba and hopefully (eventually) do a "vacation pioneer" trip before it becomes too crazy and commercialized.  :boating: