JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

having trouble with JW library app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3157 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I also do sometimes experience crashes with the app. Sometimes i simply tap ok when the error pops up and it opens. For freezing, i believe you may have been tapping on many buttons at a time or there is a limited space on your device's internal storage. Try freeing up storage space, it might help. Running several apps at a time along with jw library can also freeze up the app. Just try running only jw library. I hope this helps.

yes absolutely running sluggish, freezing up all this week

:hammer:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

The what's new part on the latest update says it fixes a bug that stops freeze-ups on start-ups,

but the app is still freezing up on start-up on my Galaxy 7" tablet.  

I have spent countless hours downloading the Society's videos and music and

books and brochures, so I can access them even if there is no internet service.  

I uninstalled and reinstalled  once already and had to spend countless more hours

downloading everything.  

I do NOT want to do it a third time.  

So, I shall just wait and see if the NEXT update

REALLY fixes the bug and unfreezes things.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Can anyone tell me if these comments are related to PHONES or TABLETS or both?

I am running JW-Library on 2 different Dell tablets, 1 Nook tablet, 1 HP desktop PC and a Dell desktop PC and they are all running OK (quick, responsive, no freez-up). I have downloaded the latest version (for both Android 4.2 and 4.4 and Windows 8.1)

I see the comments and do not understand the problem (I have at least 32 GB storage on all tablets)

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks

I've had issues with the app on my iPad, it's been very slow when flicking from the bible to the songbook. But I do think it might be a storage issue as it gave me a warning the other day. I'll try closing all other apps first and see it that makes a difference.

Yep usually a memory thing .. Too many photos likely or too many large apps

Also try cleaning up your programs that are running in the background

Hit home button twice ... It will show you at the bottom all the programs running

Just flick them up and they are gone from running in background

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Me too. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Mostly I use the app for the daily text and my daily bible reading.

My problem: When I set a bookmark at the bible, or more often, when I exchange the bookmark at the bible,

the app crashes. I've send many times a report - but no answer and no improvement... :(

Also opening a bible text is quiet slow, first I see the numbers of verses then, "later" the text...

I don't believe that it is a memory problem, because used mem is 651 MB and I have 3 GB main memory (RAM).

Sorry to say, but my only app with so many crashes :(

Ruben,  It is strange.  I have my Nook HD+ with 1 GB RAM and Android 4.4 and it never crashes or freezes.  I can't see what the difference would be.  I don't "bookmark" but I use all of the features (including video at 720p).

It is a puzzle.

Hit home button twice ... It will show you at the bottom all the programs running

The Bee

The Bee

I'm not running any apps and I have no pictures or anything on it. Brand new tablet. Keeps saying "jw library not responding. Would you like to close it"
Edited by Willow

The Bee

• 1 month later...