JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Double yoke

It sounds like the chickens are guilty of being unevenly yoked, you know the saying "Birds of a feather flock together", sometimes a group of bad chickens will get together, talk bad about the rooster, gossip and cluck and the next thing you know, double yokes. Be careful eating those eggs, you are what you eat and you don't want to become unevenly yoked or a bad yoke like this post... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

From what I understand from the egg farms in Maine, the handlers look at the egg with a candle and may set aside double yokers to be sold in the same carton.These frequently have already been sorted by size as two yokers are larger.  Also, younger chicks are more likely to have double yokers, so if an egg farmer is collecting from the same flock, there is a higher chance of  two yokes. 

I just learned my 'new thing' today!

Try to be more careful. You'll learn something every day if you aren't careful.    :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Try to be more careful. You'll learn something every day if you aren't careful.    :)

I'd like to take a day off and just stick with the learning I had the day before. Sometimes, I have to dry my hair in the microwave to cut down on all this thinking.  :idea: Don't want to think myself to death. 

I'd like to take a day off and just stick with the learning I had the day before. Sometimes, I have to dry my hair in the microwave to cut down on all this thinking.  :idea: Don't want to think myself to death. 

That's the problem. Thinking overheats the head, that's why some men are bald. Put your head in the freezer when you think too much.

At least I'm not the only one with a thinking problem.

Me either, unlike my avatar, I have a full head of hair... ::o

Me either, unlike my avatar, I have a full head of hair... ::o

Which drawer is it in today?...I still have mostly a full head, just like pops did. What do they call those ' widows peaks ' or something like that? Most times, I just wear a hat..

Which drawer is it in today?...

You mean the hair left over from my last haircut? You need it?

Sorry for skewing this topic, no one wants hair in their food... :D

What's the chances of a dozen eggs all having a double yoke?

Interesting breakfasts this week.

All I buy are double yoked eggs. Usually get a flat of them. There are jumbo, jumbo 2 and jumbo 3 size. Normally I don't get double yoke out of the jumbo 1. I'll get a few out of the jumbo 2. In the jumbo 3 size, they are 99% double yoked. Around here you can't find jumbo 2 or jumbo 3 in the grocery store. I go directly to the egg farm to get them. They are fresh and yummy.