JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

question for married sisters

A sister said to pass this on:

Showing results for birth control pill*
Search instead for birth controll pill*

Search Results

Birth Control Pill: Side Effects, Effectiveness, How the Pill ...
www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/birth-control-pills
  •  
  •  
WebMD
Hormones in the woman's body control the release of the egg from the ovary -- called ovulation -- and prepare the body to accept the fertilized egg. Hormonal contraceptives(the pill, the patch, and the vaginal ring) all contain a small amount of man-made estrogen and progestin hormones.
12 Types of Birth Control - Health.com
www.health.com › Home › Health AZ
  •  
  •  
It's easy to be confused by all the birth control options out there: Should you take a progestin-only pill or the mainstream combination pill? Can an IUD affect your  ...
Birth Control Pill - KidsHealth
kidshealth.org › Teens › Sexual Health
  •  
  •  
Kid's Health
Most birth control pills are "combination pills" containing a combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). A woman cannot get pregnant if she doesn't ovulate because there is no egg to be fertilized.
Birth control pill FAQ: Benefits, risks and choices - Mayo Clinic
www.mayoclinic.org/.../birth-control/.../birth-control-pill/art...
  •  
Mayo Clinic
If you use the birth control pill — that is, an oral contraceptive — you're probably happy with its convenience and reliability. Still, you may have many questions ...
Combined oral contraceptive pill - Wikipedia, the free ...
The combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP), often referred to as the birth control pill or colloquially as "the pill", is a birth control method that includes a ...
Birth Control Pills | HealthyWomen
www.healthywomen.org › Conditions & Treatments
  •  
  •  
Jun 9, 2015 - Overview. What Is It? Birth control pills are synthetic forms of the hormones progesterone and estrogen taken by women to prevent pregnancy.
Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptives) - MedicineNet
www.medicinenet.com/...contraceptives_birth_control_pills/...
  •  
  •  
MedicineNet
Read about the different types of birth control pills, drug interactions, the brands of oral contraceptives, and their side effects. Find out which birth control pill may ...
10 Most Common Birth Control Pill Side Effects - Medical ...
www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/290196.php
  •  
  •  
Medical News Today
 Rating: 3.6 - ‎19 votes
Jun 2, 2015 - Around 12 million women take birth control pills in the US and respond to each pill formulation very differently - here is a list of the 10 most ...
Birth Control Pill Fact Sheet - HHS.gov
www.hhs.gov/.../...
  •  
  •  
United States Department of Health and Human Servi...
Birth control pills are safe and work well in preventing pregnancy. Using the pill means you don't have to think about birth control when you want to have sex.
The Pill – Birth Control Method - Bedsider
bedsider.org/methods/the_pill
  •  
  •  
"The Pill" is a pill. (How's that for stating the obvious?) Some people call it "oralcontraception." You take it once a day, at the same time every day. There are lots ...

1. Most birth control pills are "combination pills" containing a combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). A woman cannot get pregnant if she doesn't ovulate because there is no egg to be fertilized.
    2. Birth Control Pill - KidsHealth
      kidshealth.org/teen/.../contraception/contraception_birth.html
      Kid's Health
    l

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

whatever you do .... if they offer the birth control shot that last 3-4 months... please do your research on it... it really messed my health up (emotional and physical). I didn't have problems personally with the pill... but it was over 30 years ago and they were different then. I would have to do a lot of research before taking anything these days. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Most pills take at least 30 days and you have to do them just right. 

OTOH, I used the shot for 5 years and it was actually great for me. Where the pill made me a bit insane. I will say I started with BC before marriage so I would know how it would effect me, I didn't want to be a crazy newly wed. So when I became engaged I went to the dr, about the options, and started on the shot, about 6 months before marriage. It worked great for me. But, every one is made up so differently you never know. One thing about the shot though is if it doesn't go well with you, it takes at least 3-4 months for it to be out of your system, that was the warning they gave me. Thankfully my system did well with it. The pills they had me on before that were crazy making for me! lol haha 

But, all that being said... personally after I had our first child with my research, the shot does do bone damage (although thankfully not to me, my bone density is higher then average for my age!). But, it can. I have decided I will no longer take birth control of any kind. What I have opted for instead if natural family planning. I highly suggest finding a good book on it and reading up. So far it has worked great for me. 0 pregnancies when I don't want them, and literally usually pregnant the first month I want to be! I mean it has worked super well for me. But, you really have to read the book and do it how it says. Many things effect your fertility, even sleeping with a light on at night can change things! To me it's the safest of the methods out there... you don't have to introduce medications that may or may not be good for you. And when I am too worried (not often) that I am off on my calculations for natural family planning, then we just use a natural barrier (I am allergic to synthetic things). And again so far for us it's been 10 years bc free, and no accidents, only intentional pregnancies. I feel better about not putting drugs in my system as well.

I have no incite to offer about birth control. But as a man who has been married since I was 18, nearly 38 years ago I can say this.

Share every aspect of you life with your husband, have no secrets, and always have Jehovah at the centre of your life together. 1 cor. 13:1-8 is a marvellous scripture which always helped me. May Jehovah bless you and your husband to be with a long and happy life in the greatest life ever.

My first wife was on the pill for several years - six or seven - before we decided it was time to start a family...

It took her a long time to fall pregnant after going off the pill after that. But there were no other problems.

The risk is, of course, that you might forget to take it one day/night, then you might upset the course of the medication so that it's ineffective the next month. You have to be disciplined with it.

I would suggest starting on it now, as sometimes it takes a couple of cycles for you to adjust. You might experience some side effects that are more intense the first month. Everyone is so different and different types of BC have different effects on people. You may need to work with your doctor and try a couple of different pills before you find the one that works for you. Don't put up with side effects like depression, ongoing bleeding, headaches, etc! There are lots of options now. Just some things to be aware of.

Do your research on the options and be sure to discuss with your husband. I used the pill early on but it made me ill. Before we left for Bethel, I got an birth control implant which caused so many problems it wasn't really worth the promise of 5 years protection. Definitely discuss the options with the doctor too.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Oh, she can change her avatar without talking it over with her husband!

Click on your present avatar to bring up your profile, click on 'Edit Profile' on the right hand side, then the top option comes up as 'Change My Photo'. It's straightforward from there,

I'm sure you have a nice pic of some kind you can use.

I'm getting married in October. If you take the pill how long does it take for it to get into your system...and what kind of pill do U take? Also any advice for a newly wed?

My advice is to get an IUD.  

http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/pdfs/ContraceptiveOptions.pdf

I am one of the statistics on the back of the pill package.

1 in 200,000 form blood clots from the birth control pill, and I nearly lost my life over it.  It formed in my right leg, look up DVT or deep vein thrombosis.  That clot let loose, and then went through my lungs.  

Look at the contraceptive options pdf I supplied and seriously consider something other than the pill.   

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

whatever you do .... if they offer the birth control shot that last 3-4 months... please do your research on it... it really messed my health up (emotional and physical). I didn't have problems personally with the pill... but it was over 30 years ago and they were different then. I would have to do a lot of research before taking anything these days. 

The birth control shot didn't work for me - I've got a 37 year old daughter to prove it.    And the pill didn't work either, I've got a 41 year old daughter to prove that too.    So I divorced him.   (Yes, I do have a strange sense of humour - sorry - but he did play up and I 'let him go').   A hysterectomy works every time although its a bit drastic.  (Sorrreee).   Just remember that sometimes nothing will work for some of us.    Not much advice, but I do hope you have a great wedding and a very happy marriage.   

lol absolutely not! That won't go so well for a happy marriage! lol 

I highly recommend reading and education on how fertility works.. and work from there. There is actually not very many days that a woman is fertile each month... once you educate your self on it, as long as you are healthy (like don't have PCOS or other health problems that make it hard to track cycles, etc) it's very easy to know when you are fertile and not. And proceed from there. 

My advice is to get an IUD.  

http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/pdfs/ContraceptiveOptions.pdf

I am one of the statistics on the back of the pill package.

1 in 200,000 form blood clots from the birth control pill, and I nearly lost my life over it.  It formed in my right leg, look up DVT or deep vein thrombosis.  That clot let loose, and then went through my lungs.  

Look at the contraceptive options pdf I supplied and seriously consider something other than the pill.   

*** w79 5/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***
Questions From Readers
● Is the use of the birth-control device known as the IUD (intrauterine device) compatible with Christian principles?

Many persons who condone deliberate abortion hold that (after conception) until an embryo reaches an age of a certain number of weeks no life or living person is involved. But the Creator of life, Jehovah God, expresses no such view in his Word. On the contrary, the Bible makes it plain that God recognizes and respects a life even in its early embryonic development. (Ps. 139:13-16; Jer. 1:5) Under the Mosaic law an action that caused the termination of that developing life merited severe punishment.—Ex. 21:22, 23.

Such respect for life comes into the picture when considering the question of using an IUD. The fact is that at present no man can state with absolute certainty whether the IUD does prevent conception from occurring. There is mounting evidence, instead, that with an IUD in place conception can or does take place and that the product of conception is prevented from developing normally into a child. The sincere Christian concerned about the propriety of using an IUD should seriously weigh such information in the light of a Bible-based respect for the sanctity of life.

The birth control shot didn't work for me - I've got a 37 year old daughter to prove it.    And the pill didn't work either, I've got a 41 year old daughter to prove that too.    So I divorced him.   (Yes, I do have a strange sense of humour - sorry - but he did play up and I 'let him go').   A hysterectomy works every time although its a bit drastic.  (Sorrreee).   Just remember that sometimes nothing will work for some of us.    Not much advice, but I do hope you have a great wedding and a very happy marriage.   

Pretty sure the hysterectomy is 100% effective for all users...... :whistling:

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)