JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Catholic church closings...NY

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3159 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I won't be so presumptuous as to say this is Bible prophecy as the slave had said that we don't know in what form the "peace and security" proclamation will be made. What we do know, however, is that the tumbling of Babylon the Great will begin the GT. Will that tumbling be all at once or one at a time? I haven't the foggiest idea. We'll have to wait and see.

However, it was with keen interest (and ear perking up), that I heard the news that the Roman Catholic church is closing. Yep! You heard that right!

Here it is (and please don't get at least too upset with me if I didn't type the source correctly, lol):

www.nytimes.com/2015/08/nyregion/Catholic-church-closings-in-newyork-bring-sadness-and-anger

Edited by Luezette

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/01/nyregion/catholic-church-closings-in-new-york-bring-sadness-and-anger.html

The closings are part of a reorganization plan for the archdiocese that reduces the number of parishes by 20 percent. The reductions, which archdiocesan officials said were being driven by demographic changes and a declining numbers of priests, are occurring through mergers. In some cases, the churches in the merged parishes will continue to hold Masses; in others, one or more of the churches will be closed except for special occasions.

The closings are being done by the Catholic church itself, not the UN, and we have had neither the cry of peace nor the final sealing.

Personally, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is not the beginning of the GT, just more paper-pushing by a failing church that cannot afford to pay their clergy and maintain their facilities.

It may not be the actual attack by the UN on false religion "BTG" but won't it make it that much easier for the attack if their numbers are declining to such an extent...that is just stepping stones for everything to play out in the end. Honestly, as they close more sites less people will attend because of lack of convenience anyway.

Don't forget the UN counsel on human rights did bring the Catholic Church before them and decided that they had done wrong and wanted all documentation and more and im pretty sure this didn't help the attendance.

From Yahoo Answers (to this NYT article):  Best Answer:  I live in Massachusetts and a lot of Catholic Churches were closed with the official reasons being low church attendance or financial problems, but the real reason was because many figures from these churches spoke out against the sex abuse scandal a few years ago in The Catholic Church , this one may have had funds cut from it by the Boston Archdiocese for the same reason. I'd look into it before sending them any money, because the Archdiocese might snatch it up before it goes to that particular church

I tend to think all reasons were contributing factors.

I'd look into it before sending them any money, because the Archdiocese might snatch it up before it goes to that particular church

Uhhh...good advice... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/01/nyregion/catholic-church-closings-in-new-york-bring-sadness-and-anger.html

The closings are part of a reorganization plan for the archdiocese that reduces the number of parishes by 20 percent. The reductions, which archdiocesan officials said were being driven by demographic changes and a declining numbers of priests, are occurring through mergers. In some cases, the churches in the merged parishes will continue to hold Masses; in others, one or more of the churches will be closed except for special occasions.

This is in fact a Bible prophecy being fulfilled before our very eyes. No not the United Nations move against organized religion, but rather the receding of the great river Euphrates! The receding of this river makes the way ready for the kings of the east and West. In essence you may remember the attack of the nation Babylon! In my study of the book "Isaiah's prophecy light for all mankind volume two"

You will notice the ancient city sitting surrounded by a river. The river not being completely dried up, but enough water had receded for the Warriors to pass through on the bed of the river.

Therefore do not expect The religious clergy today to dwindle down until there's nothing left!! This simply will just not happen! For God will be her executioner, not famine.

Edited by seasonedWithsalt