JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

August 2015 JW Broadcasting Monthly Program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2240 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I only had the opportunity of watch the program yesterday, and the video about the brother being envy over the appointment of another, is very touching and we can learn many lesson from it. Especially the part when the brother said that " this is a oportunity to show integrity and the reason why I serve Jehovah"

Very good video

Or tonight....

If I did this correctly, this link may work late tonight EST.

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201508

I tried to use the above link to view the file for the new Sri Lanka video, just by adding "rd" at the end of "jwb", but i got this error message:

Sorry, there was a problem retrieving the files. Try again later.

I eventually downloaded the video anyway, but does anyone know if this kind of link will still work in the future?

I tried to use the above link to view the file for the new Sri Lanka video, just by adding "rd" at the end of "jwb", but i got this error message:

I eventually downloaded the video anyway, but does anyone know if this kind of link will still work in the future?

The link that was shared earlier should work on the first Sunday night (New York time) of each month. You need to change the last number in the link to correspond with the month number. All this link does is take you to the file location after the files are uploaded and before the links are created on JWB. Once the links are created on JWB and the video is available on JWB this link doesn't provide any advantage. 

I do not know how to convert this link to give you access to anything besides the monthly broadcast. Even if you could change the link to get other videos, it's only advantage is having access to them before the links are created which means you would have to know the video was uploaded before you see it available on JWB. If the video is available on JWB, there isn't any reason to use this link.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It's not just "rd" but "jwbrd"

Edit: I take back what I said. I am just waking up and didn't read good. I'll look into this in a moment and let you know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Andrejrulz

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link.

The PDF that we can download explains the whole proposal very well.

http://www.templefarmdevelopment.co.uk/images/placeholders/Consultation.pdf

I am watching this late as we were gone all of August.

Wow! 2019 to finish the UK branch.

Well, we have to be in the midst of some project when the end comes, eh.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 years later...
On 8/3/2015 at 11:29 AM, Tortuga said:

Bro Herd makes an interesting comment about giving generously and ending up with more. I have had that happen to me many times. About 10 years ago while the assembly hall was being built, there was a young couple that had traveled here to work on the assembly. I gave them a cash gift to help them out, very soon after that I unexpectedly received a cash bonus from my employer that was three times the amount I had gifted to the couple. Hmmm...

I did it again, the same thing happened. I can honestly say that several times when I have gifted cash to someone, I have unexpectedly received that much or more from an unexpected source.  I wont say it happens every time only because I stopped keeping track of it, generosity come from the heart without expectation of a reward but I am confident that Jehovah rewards generosity.

Jehovah is funny, he fools me when I don't expect it.

I recently gave gifts to two brothers that are temporarily in the area, a few days later I had my taxes done. I pay estimated taxes and I usually owe just a tiny bit when when I get my taxes done so I fully expected to pay again this year.

Nope....

My tax refunds are over four times what I gifted the two brothers. They are my brothers and I gift without thought of any reward or repayment but Jehovah rewards generosity in many ways and I think that is hilarious, I laughed all day at how Jehovah fools me. :D He knows he'll get some of it back anyway because now I can help more friends..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Jehovah is funny, he fools me when I don't expect it.

I recently gave gifts to two brothers that are temporarily in the area, a few days later I had my taxes done. I pay estimated taxes and I usually owe just a tiny bit when when I get my taxes done so I fully expected to pay again this year.

Nope....

My tax refunds are over four times what I gifted the two brothers. They are my brothers and I gift without thought of any reward or repayment but Jehovah rewards generosity in many ways and I think that is hilarious, I laughed all day at how Jehovah fools me. :D He knows he'll get some of it back anyway because now I can help more friends..

I would be happy to take $10,000 off of your hands so that you can receive $40,000 in the near future.  :D

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

He knows he'll get some of it back anyway because now I can help more friends..

That's it!

I figured if you pay my trip to California, somehow you'll be able to afford trip around the world ...LOL :lol1:

Deal?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)