JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Red yeast rice vs Statins

Hi, any personal experience would be appreciated. I have been working hard (since retiring for med reasons,) to stabilize my health and am no longer taking many of the meds I did during the winter. I am of normal weight and have lost some, and my HDL is very high. However, my triglycerides are also high. Primary wants me to take red yeast rice, which I started, but just realized I have to take coQ 10, with. I will start that at once. Cardiologist wants me to take Statins, which I have avoided. What else can I do to decrease triglycerides? I have eliminated sugar, wheat, and whites like potatoes and rice, when I learned I was pre-diabetic; and I've lost some weight, BMI 23,but triglycerides not budging.  Any dietary, exercise, or otherwise suggestions will be helpful. :lips: , YS 

I use: The ‘Miracle’ Enzyme™ is Serrapeptase, the 2nd Gift from Silkworms Giving

the answer to Pain, Inflammation and Clear Arteries!

This is what my Dr. advised. 

Niacin

Fish Oil

The red rice yeast caused me to break out.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Fish oil and flax seeds and chia seeds. Only olive oil and coconut oil for fats no other oils.

http://www.donnieyance.com/botanical-dietary-supplement-alternatives-statins/

Good info here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

Fish oil and flax seeds and chia seeds. Only olive oil and coconut oil for fats no other oils.

http://www.donnieyance.com/botanical-dietary-supplement-alternatives-statins/

Good info here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, this is my theory, also."In summary, I always recommend beginning with dietary and lifestyle changes to help lower and optimize cholesterol profiles."

Thanks, this is my theory, also."In summary, I always recommend beginning with dietary and lifestyle changes to help lower and optimize cholesterol profiles."

Pauline you have made an excellent start they are saying now Inflammation in the body can cause high cholesterol there is a product and I'm not sure if it's in U.S. But it is for cholesterol a powder with high doses of vitamin C . Dr in America are quick to put you on statins ......my good Ch is really high my bad has been elevated for years but I'm not concerned .....if you eat a Mediterranean diet that really helps. I also take Serrapeptate but it did not lower my cholesterol my dr doesn't seem too concerned in Europe they are not at all bent on drugs as here and U.S. ..... I will get the name of the Above and PM you with brand.

It wouldn't hurt to consult a NP dr to see if they can recommend a good product. Sometimes we self medicate ( I mean with lots of natural products) and the body just can't handle it all .....changing your diet will help a lot. Try cutting out cheese , dairy for a bit. Everyone is very different what works for one may not work for another.

I know someone that ground flax seeds every am took with water and brought cholesterol right down.

Edited by Miss Mouse

Pauline, I'm so sorry you're having these types of problems. It's very frustrating when doctors don't agree with the course to take. Over the years I've learned to do my own research and just tell them all what my decision is based on that. Some docs will want nothing more to do with me after that; others will agree but with the attitude that I am wrong and they are right so we'll just agree to disagree and move on. If my insurance would cover a natural type doctor I would be so much happier; medical doctors and osteopath doctors are what I must work with. They are often so quick to write a prescription!  My research backs up one theory my health seemed to state; that many prescriptions may help with the problem they were prescribed for but will harm and create a new problem to deal with. When I finally was able to get off all my prescriptions it took a few years to eliminate most of their side effects (the new problems they had caused)... a few I'm still working on.

Now, this may sound like I'm promoting myself, but on my road to recovery I discovered a company that makes excellent nutritional supplements, combining the best in research with the best in natural, renewable, organic when possible, ingredients that our bodies can easily assimilate. Without such supplements I don't think I would be as good as I am healthwise (not saying I've reversed all my health issues - yet). Recently they developed a combination that is proven superior at reducing bad cholesterol, increasing good, lowering triglycerides as well as inflammation, and stabilizing blood sugars in as little as 6 weeks, and continuing even better at 12 weeks. A follow-up study of participants who had stopped taking this combination showed the reverse, thus strongly indicating it was this particular supplement combo that was working to bring these various factors into acceptable values. The study can be reviewed at http://www.freiburgstudy.com and if you want I can help you get connected with the company.

My kidney doctor does not want to believe it's just these supplements - but she was so impressed with my numbers last year she simply said I should keep doing what I'm doing. :) This year when I see her I expect even better results in the labs because I started taking the supplements in the Freiburg study after our last visit. All my kidney docs have been pushing statins on me for years due to the inter-relationship between my kidney disorder and cholesterol levels  (one even told me I must be on a cholesterol reducing medication for life to make sure it gets down to and stays in normal range in order to protect my kidneys) - but, to their frustration, my body seems to have adverse reactions within hours of every known cholesterol-lowering drug out there. I wish they would come to believe more in nutrition, or in natural, more bio-available ways to work with our health problems. I think, personally, too many of them are just dishing out whatever the current pharmaceutical rep is pushing at them and not really paying good attention to what's best for the patient they have in front of them. :(  Maybe I'm jaded; but after spending the last 35 years seeing various sorts of doctors at least once a month and at times 4 or 5 times a week... I've had my share of nearly every sort out there... and there aren't many I would list as docs to trust and return to anytime.

Anyway, I hope this helps in some way. And I hope it doesn't sound too much like I'm promoting my own --- something (not sure of the right word just now). I do know we all look forward to that day when none of us will say, "I'm sick." It's coming soon, but still seems a long way off for those of us suffering ongoing health issues.

I use: The ‘Miracle’ Enzyme™ is Serrapeptase, the 2nd Gift from Silkworms Giving

the answer to Pain, Inflammation and Clear Arteries!

This is what my Dr. advised. 

Niacin

Fish Oil

The red rice yeast caused me to break out.

Thank you for sharing this timely information Vernalee,  enjoyed the article and will look into Serrapeptase further. How are your cholesterol levels now ?

Enzyme therapy is cutting edge even though its been around for a little while in various forms. A high enzyme diet which includes Wheat-grass, fresh green juice, and a high raw vegan lifestyle have had excellent results in incurable diseases.  Dr. Nicholas Gonzales utilized enzyme therapy in his cancer clinic in NYC, following Dr. Kelley's protocol from the 70's.

Which Serrapeptase enzyme brand do you recommend, and at what dosage ?

Thank you for sharing this timely information Vernalee,  enjoyed the article and will look into Serrapeptase further. How are your cholesterol levels now ?

Enzyme therapy is cutting edge even though its been around for a little while in various forms. A high enzyme diet which includes Wheat-grass, fresh green juice, and a high raw vegan lifestyle have had excellent results in incurable diseases.  Dr. Nicholas Gonzales utilized enzyme therapy in his cancer clinic in NYC, following Dr. Kelley's protocol from the 70's.

Which Serrapeptase enzyme brand do you recommend, and at what dosage ?

Excellent advice and I agree totally ........ I just like my chicken and fish Blood Type O- I guess . But I do incorporate lots f raw organic greens etc. the Brand I used for Enzymes is ENEREX not sure if hat one is in U.S.

Have a healthy day :).

I have inherited high cholesterol. My numbers are into the 400's. BUT my good cholesterol is very high. Because of  adrenal issues and gut issues I've been fermenting for the last year and have to say it has helped. (My favorite is a super good lime/ginger/mint soda) I do the adrenal formula and can say that my hair is finally thick again. It was getting so thin I was embarrassed. And V suggested epsom salt or magnesium. I started doing that about 8 months ago and am very grateful for the advice.

Now I looked into serrapeptase, the information looks very good. I did research and finally decided to order it. I think it's waiting at the Post Office for me. I look forward to some of the results it says you can expect. If only some of them are true I will be grateful again. 

Wendy I take Nature Sunshine Food Enzymes, are they in Canada? I want to look into what you take, a good enzyme is invaluable.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 years later...

Took red rice yeast and fish oil for some time. Both hdl and Ldl elevated. ratio normal. I have to see cardiologist again b/c of new findings, prob surgery ahead. My heart doc is okay with bloodless, but will push for statins. I have to speak with a Sis who had heart surgery with this doc. I have been using bergamot in real Earl Gray tea daily. Am planning to now add oats, magnesium, vit. c, and maybe enerex. Will check out serrapeptase.  My hair has also been thinning, but least of my probs at the moment.  What is the adrenal formula? I also started garlic addition. but accidentally got garlic, not garlique, and could not take the side effects.