JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Theocratic screensavers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3122 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thank you for the suggestions! I was looking for pictures that we have in past calendars or even the screensavers they used for the regional convention... They are so moving and stimulate meditation. If anyone knows where I could get my hands on a digital file that has these artwork I would really appreciate.

If you "get your hands on" any of the files from the Conventions, someone is doing something wrong - since these files come to the Convention with explicit instructions NOT to make copies of them.

The recent thread about the ROKU discount should help us appreciate the wisdom of following the instructions from the FDS - even if what we would like IS "moving and might stimulate meditation"

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

You can go to the http://www.jw.org/en/ website and  "right click" on any image and "set as background."  There are countless photos that can be used as "wallpaper" although they may not contain text and I believe this is "safe" to do.  Correct me if I'm wrong...

Edited by Loje

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

I have a lot of pictures for wallpaper, not Screensavers. Some I downloaded for 2013, 2014, 2015 with yeartext. I have also made out several for 2015. I had my computer set to swap pictures every 10 seconds. When I got my free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the slideshow stopped working. I am still working on it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Witness1970

I have a lot of pictures for wallpaper, not Screensavers. Some I downloaded for 2013, 2014, 2015 with yeartext. I have also made out several for 2015. I had my computer set to swap pictures every 10 seconds. When I got my free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the slideshow stopped working. I am still working on it.

I think you can set a photo to a screen saver can't you? Mine are also currently wallpaper...  I will have to check that.

I think you can set a photo to a screen saver can't you? Mine are also currently wallpaper... I will have to check that.

I use the wallpaper like a Screensaver. I just set the taskbar to autohide and set the screen up so that icons are not shown! Then have the wallpaper constantly changing just like a Screensaver.

You can go to the http://www.jw.org/en/ website and  "right click" on any image and "set as background."  There are countless photos that can be used as "wallpaper" although they may not contain text and I believe this is "safe" to do.  Correct me if I'm wrong...

Lori, your instructions were just what I needed to set a new background picture.  So easy when you know how.  Thanks so much.