JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The future...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3155 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There's an area here in NYC called the Lower East Side, commonly called The Village. I love it there because there's no judgment, etc. Of course in an area where anything goes you see all manner of lifestyles. But I feel so free there. It's actually the only area here in NYC where I find myself not looking behind my back while walking. Not saying there is no reason not to, yet there really isn't...somehow.

Anyway, just late in the week last week I'm there for another myriad of appointments (sometimes i go there for no particular reason), walking afterwards and a thought hit me: Soon everyone, literally EVERYONE will be serving our Jehovah! :) :) :) :) :). What an absolutely wonderful thought!

Just wanted to share that.

Edited by Luezette

"They will sit, each one under his vine and under his fig tree,

And no one will make them afraid..." ~ Mic 4:4

soon, my sister... soon    :grouphug:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

There's an area here in NYC called the Lower East Side, commonly called The Village. I love it there because there's no judgment, etc. Of course in an area where anything goes you see all manner of lifestyles. But I feel so free there. It's actually the only area here in NYC where I find myself not looking behind my back while walking. Not saying there is no reason not to, yet there really isn't...somehow.

Anyway, just late in the week last week I'm there for another myriad of appointments (sometimes i go there for no particular reason), walking afterwards and a thought hit me: Soon everyone, literally EVERYONE will be serving our Jehovah! :) :) :) :) :). What an absolutely wonderful thought!

Just wanted to share that.

The lower village, is that Alphabet City? 

Glenn, I only vaguely heard of the term "Alphabet City" so I looked it up.

It appears, from a Google search, to be located within the East Village. However, it's said that the term is no longer used.

Anyway, the way I see it is whether the term is presently used or not doesn't matter. It is or is still part of the village.

Glenn, I only vaguely heard of the term "Alphabet City" so I looked it up.

It appears, from a Google search, to be located within the East Village. However, it's said that the term is no longer used.

Anyway, the way I see it is whether the term is presently used or not doesn't matter. It is or is still part of the village.

Here is some information on Alphabet City. I think the village you are talking  about is in Alphabet City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_City,_Manhattan

https://www.google.com/#q=map+of+alphabet+city

Here is some information on Alphabet City. I think the village you are talking about is in Alphabet City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_City,_Manhattan

https://www.google.com/#q=map+of+alphabet+city

If you look at that first link, you'll see it is the other way around. Alphabet City is IN the East Village, not the other way around. It is a big chunk of the East Village and probably why the term isn't used much. Easier to say The Village and then be more inclusive.

Alphabet City is a neighborhood located within the East Village

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....