JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

December 15, 2015, WT

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3132 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I hope by the time we study this magazine we already have the bible in our mother tongue (portuguese)

I will appreciate the article "A Living Translation of God’s Word" with a sweeter taste ;)

Enviado do meu SM-T320 através de Tapatalk

You're right, Brother João. I was touched to see the articles published in this magazine (although I have not read them yet. I'll do it tonight), since we have the new version of this translation in Portuguese (Brazil). I am looking forward by the Portuguese brothers and other brothers of other languages for you to have a revised version as soon as possible.

Edited by Araujo JW

If you download the JW Library edition, go to Subject Index, then go to any article with 12/1, you can also read the December 1 Watchtower.

And since all the articles are listed in the Index, you can read anything from the entire year with just that one download.  And delete the rest of the year to save storage space.

2016 year's text likely will be in w16 1/15 & Annual Meeting

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

If you download the JW Library edition, go to Subject Index, then go to any article with 12/1, you can also read the December 1 Watchtower.

And since all the articles are listed in the Index, you can read anything from the entire year with just that one download.  And delete the rest of the year to save storage space.

Hi! Did you mean the Dec. 15/15 Watchtower? Thank you very much for this info.! We use Moon Reader" on Android devices, and the articles are not linked..but in JW Library app they are linked!!!post-2322-0-39835000-1440795952.gif

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

The year text is one of those few things that are kept a real secret until the AM. You will close the Bethel's door from the outside if you reveal it beforehand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I remember the old days when the December study magazine would use the next years text for one of the study articles.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I remember the old days when the December study magazine would use the next years text for one of the study articles.

...   and in those "days" we never had our December mags as early as August!    ...   can the Chariot get any faster?  (rhertortial)     

So many friends are being left in the dust...because they simply cannot keep up with all the changes that are happening...so many

don't even have or know how to use a computer to look up JW Library.

I feel the same with some brothers in my congregation, for different reasons. 

Edited by Araujo JW

...   and in those "days" we never had our December mags as early as August!    ...   can the Chariot get any faster?  (rhertortial)     

Now I feel old. It looks like the last time the yeartext was announced in the December magazine was in 2009.

(I'm sorry for taking this topic off track)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

So many friends are being left in the dust...because they simply cannot keep up with all the changes that are happening...so many

Why do you feel that? The paper magazines are still delivered on the congregation and there should be no reason for them (the ones without computer or internet) to be left out of all the online goodies - we, the ones with access, can always invite those to our houses to show them those things... We can print and give to them several things also. Besides with all the technology on the KH they can see just there...

I think there are worst things that still some don't have like running water, freedom to preach... Etc.. But even those are not left on the dust, they surely are blessed by Jehovah for what they can do with their circumstances ;)

sister Nancee    :encourage:

take comfort that our dear brothers recognize that some may feel this way

and last year provided this timely article below to assure us that none are being left out in receiving what we need

... really appreciated the point about the first century disciples,
   and Jesus too - how much we wish we knew more about his works, his miracles...

yet we are assured Jehovah gave us what we need to know him and be his footstep followers.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

So many friends are being left in the dust...because they simply cannot keep up with all the changes that are happening...so manydon't even have or know how to use a computer to look up JW Library.

This reminds me of how many in foreign languages feel at times also. Computers and such are like a foreign language to some.

I saw this look on many faces at our recent RC that illustrated this very point - when they released a new publication (for which I will leave nameless and reserved for the spoiler thread. :wink: ). This publication was NOT available in Vietnamese, but is available in English. At times ones can feel a little left behind. I surely hope that we too will get a nice NWT of the Bible in Vietnamese- as for now we only have the Greek scriptures. the IT books would be great too. I am just glad that we finally get all the Awakes - instead of 1 every 3 months that compiled various articles from the previous 3 months into one magazine and left out all the rest.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

All

I hope I'm in the right section to mentioned this. In the December 15, 2015, WT on page 4 and par,2 mentions:"Jehovah has intimate knowledge of billions of intelligent creatures, earthly and heavenly. At any given moment, countless individuals may be praying to him many languages. Not only does he listen to those prayers but he  simultaneously gives direction to and communicates with heavenly beings...." 

. Can we imagine how Jehovah does this? He has the ability to give out messages to his millions of angles and hear millions of prayers at one time. Not only that he hear our prayers despite planes fly over us and between 7-14 stars explodes every second. We can't forget how powerful and deep this scripture and that is in 1 Corinthians 2:16, it says: "For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.

The more we think about this, it would give us a big headache. Or maybe we will be pulling our hairs too. 

This reminds me of how many in foreign languages feel at times also. Computers and such are like a foreign language to some.

I saw this look on many faces at our recent RC that illustrated this very point - when they released a new publication (for which I will leave nameless and reserved for the spoiler thread. :wink: ). This publication was NOT available in Vietnamese, but is available in English. At times ones can feel a little left behind. I surely hope that we too will get a nice NWT of the Bible in Vietnamese- as for now we only have the Greek scriptures. the IT books would be great too. I am just glad that we finally get all the Awakes - instead of 1 every 3 months that compiled various articles from the previous 3 months into one magazine and left out all the rest.

The same thing happened at our convention, except in Spanish. The new publication was announced, everyone applauded and was happy...until the speaker mentioned it wasn't available in Spanish, but we could get English copies that day if we so desired. I felt bad for some of the friends who don't speak English, since they felt they were being left out. But the speaker at the convention did assure them that the new publication will be made available in Spanish soon. I'm hoping it'll be released alongside the revised Spanish NWT. I hope everyone who doesn't yet have the NWT in their language gets it soon. That'll be a great day. Although the waiting is tough, it'll be worth it when it is finally released in various languages.