JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Eternity illustration

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3160 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Gregexplore said; "Googolplex is a huge number! writing a googolplex in standard form (i.e., "10,000,000,000...") would be physically impossible, since doing so would require more space than is available in the known universe.And one day we will live longer than googolplex number! What a prospect!"

This is a great way to illustrate what it means to live forever.

What is your favorite way to illustrate eternity?

My favorite illustration involves lightly dragging a silk cloth over a gold brick just once a year, when the gold brick is worn down to nothing, that is the first day of forever. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would like to take 100 billion photos of panorama sunsets around the world and pick one to frame it !

Of course in order to get 100 billion photos i would need Googolplex years ... Ha ha ha

Then I would like to repeat this with lions playing, waterfalls and other projects etc

Jehovah is amazing to give us "eternal life" to which even googoplex number fades in comparison !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Here is one I came up with for a talk I give, "As humans, we don’t really understand forever. So let’s use smaller numbers. Like million. How long is a million seconds? Its only 12 days. How about a billion seconds? 32 years. How about a trillion seconds? 32,000 years. Currently, the United States is eighteen trillion dollars. So if we were to count out one dollar per second, it would take over five hundred seventy six thousand years. After all of that counting, how much of forever have we used? None. We can’t touch forever. We will be chasing forever, forever."

When my mum would get stressed out because something was unfinished dad would always say 'There's always tomorrow.'

(Not sure if he was just trying to get out of stuff!)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Great topic!

This is not an illustration per say, yet something I think about often.  I live in a metro area with a population of about 3.5 million people.  I live in the very same home I was born in.  You would think after 55 years in the same neighborhood, I would know everyone in the area. 

Yet, on any day of the week, I can travel in any direction and rarely do I come across anyone I actually know.  Relationships require an investment of time. In this system, time is a precious commodity; we never have enough of it.

If you could give each (current) brother and sister just one day of your life, it would take nearly 22,000 years to accomplish this.  Currently, if we have a lifespan of say 80 years, we would have to meet 100,000 brothers and sisters a year or, about 273 a day, from the cradle to the grave.  

Think about your closest relationships – how much literal time has been spent on each individual to get to where you are today?  No doubt, it's been well more than one day.

Looking at the current planet population, it would take roughly 21 million years to meet everyone and spend the day with each one. 

The point:  Jehovah’s will is for one unified global family.  Living eternally may be a “hope” for individual humans however; it is a requirement for Jehovah’s will to be accomplished

Please don’t test out my math skills  :D 

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

If you could give each (current) brother and sister just one day of your life, it would take nearly 22,000 years to accomplish this.  Currently, if we have a lifespan of say 80 years, we would have to meet 100,000 brothers and sisters a year or, about 273 a day, from the cradle to the grave.  

Yeah, but I would still only remember three of them and probably misspell their names...  :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D