JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3154 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Im installing a new tv in our congregation, in the smaller room where mothers with baby's sit so they can watch the meeting, without disturbing the meeting.

im installing a camera in the main hall, leading to the smaller room, doing it wired cause i dont want it to run through the net, so i use HDCVI instead of IPCAMERA.

i know it maybe is a stupid question, but what tv brand they use in america, new world headquarters in walkill, or at existing locations. is there a brand they have as favorite?

i know it all doesnt make that much of a big diffrence besides some social, graphical, and interface changes.

but im just curious.

Greets, your brother Ilias Bosman

Brand quality often vary wildly from one model to the next, and US models are incompatible with EU models (NTSC/PAL), so any US-based advice isn't going to help at all with your installation. And due to the rapid development by some manufacturers, models that were popular only a year ago might now be discontinued.

Check with your local branch/LDC for the current recommended equipment list, so you won't have any issues with compatibility or quality.

The JW.org website actually has a section for recommendations of these things. I notice it is different depending on the country you login from.

The main tab is Documents. And then once there look for Supplier Arrangements.

On the U.S. site distributors of numerous brands are listed rather than specific ones.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

i just want to know wich brand is most used in kingdom halls and buildings in the US.

Models are not brands. The manufacturer that makes the most reliable display might also make the least reliable display.

Within the US, halls generally use the model that's most reliable at the time. For one congregation, that might be Viewsonic. For a congregation built three months later, it might be LG, and so on. Because commercial electronics quality is a rapidly moving target, you need information about what's reliable NOW, not a reliable model that was discontinued three years ago.

Though the above information is correct, I must say I'm partial towards anything made by Samsung.

Samsung produces low quality picture in comparison to Panasonic.

Never had problem with Panasonic but I had to return to the shop Samsung (top of the line model)

It had difficulty to produce sharp picture from free to air channels

My friend had the same problem with Samsung

On my Samsung wi fi did not work properly as well and Panasonic in the same spot had not problem at all.

Samsung is overrated. I stay away from it.

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

yes i understand. i think i will be sticking with either samsung sony or LG.

Greets, Ilias

According to my sources (friend working in a electronic dept.) Panasonic is the most reliable brand here Down Under having the least problems and returns

Samsung has the worse line of returns due to different problems

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yes, Panasonic had a good name, also their plasma tv,s were top notch.

What you think About LG?

Greets, Ilias

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I would buy only top of the line LG if I had to .. All the cheaper ones are cheap for a reason

If at all possible, try to buy a commercial-grade display.

The price might be a couple hundred dollars higher than an "equivalent" consumer grade model, and you'll likely have to get it through mail order or a (semi-rare) professional-grade electronics retailer outlet, but the reliability will be much higher. Even the "cheap" commercial-grade models will outlast practically all the consumer grade models from the same manufacturer.

I guess product decisions has a lot to do with our own use of it. My tablet is Samsung, so is my phone and other than my own lack of knowledge that has nothing to do with the brand itself, I've had no problems. My TV was SONY. Again, no problem.

What I like to do is read user ratings. But even with that we must be careful. I've found that most of the poor ratings are based on personal issues that is totally irrelevant to the product itself. Each person has to gauge a product based on his or her preference coupled with what they want out of it and what they expect from it. Reputation is good yet it's not everything.

Edited by Luezette

For instance, one of the things I like/enjoy in a television is natural color. Natural color, for example, in the person's skin color/tone. I'm aware a lot of it is makeup but still. I don't enjoy watching someone with a bright red face unless the scene is a summer blistering hot day, they're on the beach and he or she is sunburned. Water should be blue unless a poor country is being shown or the East River here in NYC. Trees trunks should be brown, as a whole. And etc, etc and so on.

Then again someone else may enjoy the iridescent sort of shine on the person's face, water, tree, etc. It all has a lot to do on perspective.

(umm, did I just get off topic here? Sorry if so).

the point is, only the more expensive tv have good image quality, and than you get smart tv functions, netflix etc. but i dont need it.

when i just want a simple 1080p tv, you get only the basics and no picture enhancement etc.

so thats really a shame they dont have plain tv's with no smart functions and good image quality.

Greets, Ilias

so thats really a shame they dont have plain tv's with no smart functions and good image quality.

That's exactly what a commercial-grade display is, a high-quality TV without all the marketing fluff.

For example, here's two "comparable" televisions by the same brand, sold by the same company.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119789-REG/lg_42lf5800_42_1080p_smart_led.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1132597-REG/lg_42lx330c_led_lcd_tv.html

The first link is a consumer-grade "smart" TV, with lots of add-ons, but the picture quality is mediocre at best. I know a hall that installed this model at the front of their auditorium, and they returned the TVs a month later because the auditorium lights caused the picture to be washed out.

The second link is a commercial grade display with no "smart" features at all, but it does include control lockouts to prevent children from changing the settings, display modes to switch to the yeartext when not in a meeting, and the brightness and picture quality is greatly improved over the consumer-grade equivalent.

Edited by Stavro