JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Pigs in a blanket! Fry 'em like bacon!"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3131 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/31/us/texas-deputy-killed-gas-station/

Things are getting quite heated in the world today. .IT just seems like a powder keg ready to explode again.

But CNN law enforcement analyst Harry Houck said the anti-police rhetoric is undeniable, citing a protest in Minnesota over the weekend in which demonstrators held a banner saying "Black Lives Matter" and chanted, "Pigs in a blanket! Fry 'em like bacon!"

Texas state Rep. Garnet Coleman said it was "unfortunate" that the sheriff tied Goforth's death to the "Black Lives Matter" movement -- or anything that has to do with police brutality -- so quickly.

But he also said the sheriff had a point.

"In general, I think the overall rhetoric is overheated, and it only leads to more injury and death," Coleman told CNN's "New Day" on Monday. "We're going to have to figure this out, whether it's training for police or having a sit-down to decrease the rhetoric -- particularly if it discusses violence at all."

ALL lives matter or maybe just say - LIVES MATTER. Hate speech is wrong no matter how it is said.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Im disappointed.

The headline misled me to think this was an idea for a new fried pork product.

Fried pigs in a blanket? Never thought of that but Id give it a go.

Same here. I don't want to disrespect this topic but I thought it was about wrapping sausage in a pancake and deep frying it like a corn dog or frying it in bacon fat. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

System is just crumbling. Cops kill blacks, cops get killed, and the vicious cycle goes on. As this escalates, it will be interesting to see what they come up with for a solution. It is just insane. And, how does insanity get worse? We may just find out before Jehovah says, "Enough".

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

It will definitely get worse before the end. I remember the black panthers during the 60s with a host of other militants. It did no good. I mean, not really.oh yeah there are improvements yes in the former of integration,etc. And that's good in itself.

But at the same time what's happening is Satan is firing up more things to make people feel that their efforts will make change. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

System is just crumbling. Cops kill blacks, cops get killed, and the vicious cycle goes on. As this escalates, it will be interesting to see what they come up with for a solution. It is just insane. And, how does insanity get worse? We may just find out before Jehovah says, "Enough".

Don't worry, there's room for more. In Europe, we are not even at the beginning of our race war, the seeds have only been sown and are slowly beginning to sprout.

What we have to be careful about is not to take sides. I'm very prone to worrying about where this is headed because there is no way Europe can handle the economic impact of several million more unemployed in its' social system, not to mention the fact there is no infrastructure to suddenly and spontaneously handle integration of diverse cultures that would be susceptible to killing each other back where they'd come from. Other brothers are very prone to siding PRO immigration and judging the people protesting against it and calling opponents of the immigration policy racists. But neither is an acceptable, neutral stance for a Christian to take.

I'd suppose it's similar in the USA. Very easy to fall into Satan's trap and pick a side.

Don't worry, there's room for more. In Europe, we are not even at the beginning of our race war, the seeds have only been sown and are slowly beginning to sprout.

What we have to be careful about is not to take sides. I'm very prone to worrying about where this is headed because there is no way Europe can handle the economic impact of several million more unemployed in its' social system, not to mention the fact there is no infrastructure to suddenly and spontaneously handle integration of diverse cultures that would be susceptible to killing each other back where they'd come from. Other brothers are very prone to siding PRO immigration and judging the people protesting against it and calling opponents of the immigration policy racists. But neither is an acceptable, neutral stance for a Christian to take.

I'd suppose it's similar in the USA. Very easy to fall into Satan's trap and pick a side.

Odd, I would have thought WW I and WW II would have qualified as a "race wars". Not to mention civil wars in Serbia & Yugoslavia, etc.

I think there may have been "race wars" going farther back then WW1 in Europe and before there was an America. 

I would have to say those seeds have not only sprouted and bore fruit but have been replanted, reaped and replanted many times over. IMO 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....