JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

September broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3125 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Ok I got it. So any between 1914 and 1992 would be considered Brother Franz's' contemporaries, using him as the example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! They are all of the one generation. They are just the 2nd half of it (or group 2)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yes! They are all of the one generation. They are just the 2nd half of it (or group 2)

Ok super!

So even some on our monthly broadcast might also be considered contemporaries too! I couldn't quite understand if brother Splane was saying ones like him were or not. His comment led me to believe they were not contemporaries.

So even some on our monthly broadcast might also be considered contemporaries too! I couldn't quite understand if brother Splane was saying ones like him were or not. His comment led me to believe they were not contemporaries.

When naming the group two contemporaries at 12:20 (ones who make up the generation), he stated "all of the current members of the governing body are also part of this generation".

When naming the group two contemporaries at 12:20 (ones who make up the generation), he stated "all of the current members of the governing body are also part of this generation".

...just when I thought I had it lol!

There is no such thing as a "new light", it's a better light, not new. The Bible does get "new", our understanding gets better, that's all.

Yes! The light gets brighter - it's the same light - but we are standing in a dark room with Jehovah slowly turning up the light at first things around us are only shadowy things - we know or sense they are there but we can't quite see their outlines and each time the light is turned up - something near us becomes crystal clear and we start to see the outlines of even more objects we didn't know was there before the light gets brighter.  In years to come we will realise the room we are standing in wasn't as small as we thought ... and that what we first saw was only a very very small percentage of what is really in that room. 

Never before in my whole life in the truth (50ish years) have we had the light turned up so quickly ... there is so much waiting in those shadows that we are now seeing - not clearly - but certainly seeing with our minds eye - how can one not be excited - every day we get up there is something new to learn.

The air is full of static energy from this bright light from Jehovah ... some days my hairs literally stand on end out of excitement. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I finally saw the September's broadcast! It was actually shown at the hall last Saturday, but because I was feeling sick I didn't go although I did try to do almost hour walking in service, a couple more on a bench and was planning to go afterwards. But afterwards the body said "you ain't taking me nowhere girl. You're taking me upstairs and putting me to bed." Lol. So I obeyed, but it got a little ticked off with me Sunday just the same and made me stay home. Lol.

Anyway, today was it and thoroughly enjoyed it! The favorite part? All of it! But especially the singleness part, the singing and the smile song! Just beautiful! Makes you so thankful to Jehovah for allowing you the privilege of being a part of his organization! Makes you so proud! :)

Edited by Luezette

Yes! The light gets brighter - it's the same light - but we are standing in a dark room with Jehovah slowly turning up the light at first things around us are only shadowy things - we know or sense they are there but we can't quite see their outlines and each time the light is turned up - something near us becomes crystal clear and we start to see the outlines of even more objects we didn't know was there before the light gets brighter.  In years to come we will realise the room we are standing in wasn't as small as we thought ... and that what we first saw was only a very very small percentage of what is really in that room. 

Never before in my whole life in the truth (50ish years) have we had the light turned up so quickly ... there is so much waiting in those shadows that we are now seeing - not clearly - but certainly seeing with our minds eye - how can one not be excited - every day we get up there is something new to learn.

The air is full of static energy from this bright light from Jehovah ... some days my hairs literally stand on end out of excitement.

nicely put, I wonder has this light been dimmed from us by Jehovah due to our imperfection, or does it have more to do with Jehovah's timing and his timetable? .....your illustration also brings to mind what scientists have deduced; the fact that humans only use a small fraction of our brains. I wonder if it's all interconnected....

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Never before in my whole life in the truth (50ish years) have we had the light turned up so quickly ... 

So, that loud noise I hear after a lightning flash, is that a galactic Clapper?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clapper

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We just finished watching the broadcast and I loved the explanation of the generation, and which generation Jesus referred to.

Totally makes sense to me now and proves what I hold to be self-evidential, namely, that the Great Tribulation is NOT many decades in the future, but that this system is rushing towards it... even if it lasts another decade or maybe two (which I highly doubt)

We just finished watching the broadcast and I loved the explanation of the generation, and which generation Jesus referred to.

Totally makes sense to me now and proves what I hold to be self-evidential, namely, that the Great Tribulation is NOT many decades in the future, but that this system is rushing towards it... even if it lasts another decade or maybe two (which I highly doubt)

I'm glad they presented the information because I think that if someone was still hanging onto the old explanation of 'this generation' and saw the number of Memorial partakers increasing, they could assume the GT is further away than it is. This broadcast was a good reminder that 'this generation' has an end and the GT will be here before the 'TG' ends.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What an excellent way to phrase that! Thank You.

Now is not the time to think that we have a long time to wait .... action is needed - preach, Preach, PREACH

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Now is not the time to think that we have a long time to wait .... action is needed - preach, Preach, PREACH

It's never the best thing to think you have time, though. Let's say an angel came and told me "Relax, Ruben, the Tribulation isn't till all the way until 2029". I'm like "Phew, that means I can focus on my career for now and get a proper well-paid part-time job in 2020 that will finance my full-time service for the last 8-9 years". Then I go and study for 4 years neglecting my service. On my way home from the final exam, I slip and damage my spine causing me to be half incapacitated. You can be sure that I will spend the remaining 8 years regretting I didn't make more of those healthy four years.

You never know what's going to happen so it's always best to do what you can now.

Speaking of which need to get dressed for field service :D

It's never the best thing to think you have time, though. Let's say an angel came and told me "Relax, Ruben, the Tribulation isn't till all the way until 2029". I'm like "Phew, that means I can focus on my career for now and get a proper well-paid part-time job in 2020 that will finance my full-time service for the last 8-9 years". Then I go and study for 4 years neglecting my service. On my way home from the final exam, I slip and damage my spine causing me to be half incapacitated. You can be sure that I will spend the remaining 8 years regretting I didn't make more of those healthy four years.

You never know what's going to happen so it's always best to do what you can now.

Speaking of which need to get dressed for field service :D

Well said!!!

I was also thinking - the end of this system of things has a fixed date, but we do NOT. OUR personal end could come at any time.

It is - just as you stated also - always best to do what you can while you can!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

yes the Grad was held on sat Set 12,

it will be up soon on JWB.

gives us an opportunity to practice our impatience.

:whistling:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Am not in here to blow anybody's bubble, but I just went to JW Broadcasting, and they had on there a video of our brothers in Russia.   The judges said the brothers/sisters will have to face a new retrial.   The brothers who spoke on the video said they are exhausted and are not sure if they could face retrial and prison.   They need our prayers and Jehovah's intervention on getting all their spiritual food to them.   The government has stopped JW.ORG website, and no imports of any literature, the Bible being the biggest issue.    Watch the video, it really broke me up listening to what they are going through over there in that city.  

The brothers and sisters have always gone through difficult and unfair times in Russia and the former USSR. It may not be easy, but we are confident that they can endure. If Jehovah allows those conditions to continue, it's because he knows it's not beyond what they can bear. Nevertheless, I agree that they need our prayers.

Am not in here to blow anybody's bubble, but I just went to JW Broadcasting, and they had on there a video of our brothers in Russia.   The judges said the brothers/sisters will have to face a new retrial.   The brothers who spoke on the video said they are exhausted and are not sure if they could face retrial and prison.   They need our prayers and Jehovah's intervention on getting all their spiritual food to them.   The government has stopped JW.ORG website, and no imports of any literature, the Bible being the biggest issue.    Watch the video, it really broke me up listening to what they are going through over there in that city.

Yes, when I saw that a couple of days ago I said a prayer, for them and for me because I do get upset and angry at such injustice...targetting poor people, widows, handicaps witnesses and others... I know Jehovah will give them strength and endurance and the slave the widsom to encourage them. We are to expect this kind of thing, we won't always win the human courts. When the final attack of Gog of Magog comes we'll probably lose them all, there is where Jesus steps in. Until then we can only pray!! Jehovah's memory is long, He won't forgt what these individuals are doing to His people!
Edited by sunshine