JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is your thyroid out of whack?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/10-signs-your-thyroid-is-out-of-whack/ss-BBm9UQu#image=1

10 signs your thyroid is out of whack.

I thought I was just getting old and cranky. It's nice to know I might be able to blame it on something else... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have Hashimoto's. -_-  Have to take Naturethroid/Westthroid.   :huh: Two 65mg's and one 32.5 mg's per day.

My wife has a bad thyroid, I think mine is ok, I'm just lazy and cranky... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A few close friends have thyroid troubes

I kinda follow some health tips. Salt containing imodine is suppose to be good for the thyroid & any green vegies or Kelp like Nori & other foods like dairy have iodine.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

An out of balance thyroid can cause many problems. Being a master gland like the pituitary it can cause mood disorders, and affect many of the bodies functions. Wise to get all 4 tests for the thyroid done as one could come back normal the other 3 could be off From one who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

And please, please, please don't forgot the lesser known thyroid called the parathyroid. There are four of them, two attached to each thyroid. Their function is to control the calcium in our bodies by their secreting hormones called the, of course, parathyroid hormones. Too much hormones can actually cause the calcium to leave your bones. Too little? Well I'm not really sure because mine was too much. The exact name for the ailment is called "hyperparathyroidism."

It causes ridiculously extreme fatigue. I mean ridiculous! I was in school (an easy adult education program), yet felt I was doing over eight hours of hard physical work. (didn't I say ridiculous?) Finally having enough I went to the doctor. He did the usual blood, urine tests. Diagnosis? Hypercalcimia (too much calcium). But he wanted to know why. So I was introduced to the 24hr. urine test. Great. Result? Hyperparathyroidism.

The only thing though with me, other thanvthe fatigue, I had no symptoms (called "asymptomatic"). So I went years with four little bitty glands outta rack but no other symptoms. The doctors were perplexed. They gave me phosphosoda (sp) to try to lower the hormone level from the gland but that was it.

Until one night.

I'm laying in bed and all of a sudden it felt like someone took a knife and stabbed my leg and then twisted the knife inside. Excruciating! :(. Then I knew. Knew that I was getting symptoms for one of the questions they'll ask was "are you getting pain in your legs"? and I'll always say no because I wasn't. Until that night. Then I knew I had to get the surgery. Surgery that they talked about with me but didn't press it because, again, I had no symptoms. Just fatigue. Lots of it.

Anyway, had the surgery in 2002. The normal size ofvthe parathyroid is a sweet pea. Not kidding you. Mine was, according to my surgeon, "100 times larger than it shoulda been." It was a tumor! So now I have only three left, gotta take calcium to assist the three. Life is grand (sarcasm).

I apologize for this length. But please guys, PLEASE! In addition to your thyroid, get your parathyroid checked too. It's just a blood test.Tell them you want your PTH level checked (parathyroid hormone).