JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope's visit to the US and UN/ Vatican vs. Politics

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3113 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Pope Francis will soon visit the U. S. In preparation for that visit David Meir in his newscast presented

a special audience they were given to the Pope to arrange a "town meeting" for him. This was said to

be preparatory for his upcoming visit. In the interview he demonstrated why he has earned the repu-

tation of being the people's Pope,  He showed himself both sensitive and charming.

He is said to have a schedule that will have him addressing  a joint session of Congress, meet with

President Obama, give a talk at the U.N.. and then finally end up in Philadelphia where he will give

a speech using the same lecture stand that President Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address from. So

this trip will have us all watching to see what things may develope from it. What are your comments

GStorrs46

There was a special on 20/20 last night on the Pope coming to the U.S. And the question was sued to people how they thought the Pope would address Congress since he has never had that opportunity before, the over all consensus was that he would be setting them straight basically calling them to judgment on inequality of rich and poor and racial issues and more...

I say it is gonna get really interesting if he lays into the Congress with his thoughts after being invited by Boehner and others were not so thrilled about him coming...I hope he stirs that pot up enough for them to dislike religion all the way!

There was a special on 20/20 last night on the Pope coming to the U.S. And the question was sued to people how they thought the Pope would address Congress since he has never had that opportunity before, the over all consensus was that he would be setting them straight basically calling them to judgment on inequality of rich and poor and racial issues and more...

Now that's an interesting thought. I wonder how many people will be disappointed if he doesn't do what they think he will do..

This could be a interesting month in the ministry. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

is he really worthy of more than one thread?    ...   or even his own thread  ...   please combine

I don't mind separate threads. This one focuses on the popes visit to the US.

I give his visit 4 out of 10 popcorns..

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What's your point Tim ? This is being balley -hooed by the American Catholics, the world's press, and so many commentators

on all sides of the spectrum. Why shouldn't our brothers be allowed to provide what ever insightful comments they can give ?

After all, this will be a very live topic when we go out in service, for our kids in school. and at the workplace.

His talk before Congress is historic, regardless of how we see it. and the question is, as has been mentioned in this thread

already, what will come from that. Also his addressing the U.N too. Will this provide further evidence of the harlot riding the

scarlet colored wild beast. In addition October will mark the U.N.'s 70 anniversary since it was founded. What will that mean

for it as a organization born on the premise of being an international forum for world peace and security ? So I think we have plenty

of reason's to discuss the Pope's upcoming visit and related issues.

GStorrs46

It's certainly historical and a lot of people are reading into it as a harbinger for disaster or for world peace. They could all be false flags of course only time will reveal it. One thing it does show is that the world's populace in general know world events are heading somewhere ... it will be interesting to see if this event has any relevant outcome.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Personally, I can't stand the sight of him so I will be relying on this post to keep me up to date!

Oh, then stay away from the Witness Memes. I posted a picture of the pope..

No problem, don't follow that thread!

I'd like to humbly suggest that I have put some very funny stuff on that thread. I have really enjoyed some of the other memes that I have seen there.

If you can explain to me concisely and completely what a "meme" is, I may consider following!

Mmmm..probably not. My perception is that it is a funny picture that satirically captures something that a specific group would find funny. Since it is a JW meme, everything should be funny to JW's. I'll PM a couple to you so you can see what they are without going to the Witness Meme thread.. 

Don't go thru the trouble, I'll check out the last few pages of that thread.

Done. No trouble.

Now there is no Pope in sight on this thread. I guess Tim got his wish.

GStorrs46

I there any new news about the popes visit to the US?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/692202

"The Obama administration has decided to invite transgender activists Mateo Williamson and Vivian Taylor, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, Bishop Gene Robinson and Sister Simone Campbell, an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia."

"Some people are saying that this is perfectly Obama. He's got the Pope coming, and he wants to insult the Pope, put pressure on the Pope, and challenge the Pope," Limbaugh added. 

Why would they do that?