JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope's visit to the US and UN/ Vatican vs. Politics

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3118 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That's right Bridgette! For sure!

I would ask her what spiritual gems she got from seeing him or hearing him? What did she learn about God from him? What scriptural clarification did she get about receiving gay marriage into the church? Why is it alright to forgive murdering unborn children this year? Why would you want to see murderers live why his victim's and family are killed and suffer? What were his answers to these questions from God's Word?

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I bet the jeep and fiat were comped by fiat. I noticed a logo on his throne in the jeep. Once it looked like some sort of colorful vatican logo embroidered onto the seat, then later it was the jeep logo. They must have had some agreement to display the logo briefly. I bet they paid for that endorsement by the pope. How crooked if so.

maybe the oscar mayer hot dog mobile was booked this weekend - final wrap up today in my backyard/give him a Philly cheesesteak!

Thank you Feather I love the picture comparison. My sister 'teaches' the other ladies, and so she was given the free tickets to go see the pope. We were all raised Catholic and given the communion and confirmation. ( Of course we later removed ourselves in writing, but the priest said he will keep our names active. This really upset my Mom.) But Jehovah called me and later I told my Mom about the Truth and over the years both my Mom and I have discussed the Truth with my Catholic sister, as well as my other sisters including the one who is a Muslim. They all have the Bible Teach book and have been witnessed to and know the Bible's views on such topics as Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas. I even sent my Catholic sister a full article on one priest's view of the real history of Halloween and yet she is still devoted and later went to decorate the church for Halloween.

So how do you answer these people when their minds are blocked. You continue to keep reasoning with them, even when they feel 'honored' to see the Pope.

When our dad died I explained to them why I wasn't going to the church for his funeral.  They seemed to understand and had questions but yet again it was as if they were blinded like many, and the information went over their heads. My other third older sister has a huge problem with the headship issue and so she hasn't embraced the Truth. After much discussion on having a loving fun husband who is not a tyrant where the headship issue should not be a problem, even for a modern progressive lady such as herself, she still has her doubts. She knows it's the Truth. She even attended the Memorial this past year! I often wonder how  it was that I learned the truth and receive correction from Jehovah but not my sisters...yet.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I thought this was interesting on so many levels.

Agreed. It's interesting to see the components of BTG gathered together..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

They left tons of trash in Philly too!

By the way, they didn't a million people, the Mayor scared a lot of people away ( the local went to shore ). Then the Mayor had the nerve to blame the media for scaring the people away. They reported what he said.

Edited by 1gemstone