JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3092 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/d8/w_E_20140715_04.mp3

I am making an ongoing project for myself of looking for and downloading the life stories of the Governing Body.  This is Garrit Losch's story, told by him!

In the Romanian Watchtower his story was told by him IN ROMANIAN!  :):backflip:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I loved brother Herd talk on the latest Gilead graduation...He joked about them being so much visible now... someone told him that we feel so much close to the GB now and they feel their being prosecuted :) Everyone wants to take pics with them

As for the next chairman I think it should be Losch but I wonder about this brother being absent from videos more time than the others... In the Gilead video, in one of the songs we can see him in the corridor limping

I hate to say this but it looks to me as though he may have had a stroke...I hope I'm wrong...

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

The one on autism was good for me...patience and endurance. We have a few in our hall with ADH and the family with Autism has stopped coming all together. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with these types of disorders. I'm so glad that the FDS is helping us all to cope and be patient. My heart goes out to all the families that are struggling during this time.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

I loved the Brother Lösch talk about letting shine the light, not only by preaching, but by helping others in various ways.

Kudos to you for writing Br. Lösch's name correctly!

Ö and o are two different sounds in german, they look similar but sound differently. And IMHO it's only respectful to write someone's name the correct way.

The character code for ö is ALT + 0246

Back to topic: glad the programm is online, I'll watch tonight, looking forward to that :)

I agree, Brother Richard. When I saw the second time the program I thought: Brother Lösch is talking much more enthusiastically and lively and cheerful. I loved the way he deliver his talk.  :)

And thank you, Sister Astrid.  ^_^

The one on autism was good for me...patience and endurance. We have a few in our hall with ADH and the family with Autism has stopped coming all together. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with these types of disorders. I'm so glad that the FDS is helping us all to cope and be patient. My heart goes out to all the families that are struggling during this time.

I liked this as well. Being on the spectrum myself, I could relate to some of the things he went through.

One point I'd like to make though is that children with ASD become adults with ASD. Children on the spectrum might be seen as "different" or even "cute." Adults on the spectrum are considered strange, weird, and even creepy. Especially if you have a high functioning form of Autism, such as Aspergers.

I don't know what it's like for adult women, but as an adult male Aspi I've heard some really hurtful comments that have really knocked my personal self worth. Overhearing comments, especially from people who know you, are the worst. :(

I'm sure other adult male Aspies have similar experiences.

I know people don't really mean any harm but, if you're going to say something less than complimentary about someone (an Aspi or not) make sure you're well and truly a long way away so they don't overhear you.

I feel better now I've got that off my chest. :)

I'd love it for the Society to provide some more awareness education on adults with less visible disabilities.

By the way is it true the annual meeting is now available on JW broadcasting,can't seem to access the site at the moment.

It likely won't be uploaded until next week at the earliest.

When (if) the Annual Meeting is uploaded, it will appear at the bottom of this page with the label "2015 Annual Meeting Program".

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbam

I noticed that too. He also reads his own life story in Italian and German. How many languages does he speak?

Besides English, Romanian, Italian and, of course, German, I know for sure he speaks also Spanish. But his life story in Spanish was told by someone else. 

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I liked this as well. Being on the spectrum myself, I could relate to some of the things he went through.

One point I'd like to make though is that children with ASD become adults with ASD. Children on the spectrum might be seen as "different" or even "cute." Adults on the spectrum are considered strange, weird, and even creepy. Especially if you have a high functioning form of Autism, such as Aspergers.

I don't know what it's like for adult women, but as an adult male Aspi I've heard some really hurtful comments that have really knocked my personal self worth. Overhearing comments, especially from people who know you, are the worst. :(

I'm sure other adult male Aspies have similar experiences.

I know people don't really mean any harm but, if you're going to say something less than complimentary about someone (an Aspi or not) make sure you're well and truly a long way away so they don't overhear you.

I feel better now I've got that off my chest. :)

I'd love it for the Society to provide some more awareness education on adults with less visible disabilities.

Goodness, who isn't affected in someway with something, be it autism, ADD, mental illness and psychological damage?  I really appreciate that we are being educated to be more gentle with each other, and to try to be as tolerant with each others' less than perfect personas.  I know I picked up a lot from that young boy's experience (plus I suspect my own child is on the spectrum and it has been insightful that way too).  All of us are odd-bods to some extent.  But we are all willing to be molded by Jehovah, and we will all soon be better.

No, and sorry that it may have come across as this.  I mean there is no "normal" anymore, if there ever was one.  We are all in this together, whatever it is that afflicts us.  But I did appreciate that the brothers want us to have a glimpse of what it is like to have autism, and how it is hard to fit in socially, and we are sociable in the truth.  As I said, I feel my own child is not just shy, but quite possibly something like this too.  I am having this checked out, but in the meantime our brothers and sisters in our congregation will maybe understand why she is a bit standoff-ish, not quite like the others her age.

Again, Niall, apologies if I didn't explain myself well :)

No, and sorry that it may have come across as this. I mean there is no "normal" anymore, if there ever was one. We are all in this together, whatever it is that afflicts us. But I did appreciate that the brothers want us to have a glimpse of what it is like to have autism, and how it is hard to fit in socially, and we are sociable in the truth. As I said, I feel my own child is not just shy, but quite possibly something like this too. I am having this checked out, but in the meantime our brothers and sisters in our congregation will maybe understand why she is a bit standoff-ish, not quite like the others her age.

Again, Niall, apologies if I didn't explain myself well :)

Thank you Sister, but the apology should come from me. I've had a very long day at work, after 4 hours sleep. I got hooked on the first bit, which I truly didn't know how to take, until I re-read the rest of your post. Then I realised what you meant. My initial assumption was totally wrong.

I tried to delete the post, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I ended up editing out the contents. But, you obviously read the post before I did that.

Sorry! That was %110 a wrong assumption on my part. :(

EDIT: Just adding that you explained yourself well. It was my brain that was muddled.

I hope you get an accurate diagnosis regarding your daughter. There are some good resources and training for young ones. Knowing her limitations, and strengths, will help her a lot. Especially if you focus on her strengths.

Now I'm off to bed before I say something stupid again. :)

Edited by niall

What was Hezekiah’s “Secret Weapon” (2 Chron. 29:2) ?  The answer coming soon to JW Broadcasting​

Thanks!

We met Joel Dellinger and his wife several months ago during a SKE graduation. I have pictures of them eating lunch.. :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What was Hezekiah’s “Secret Weapon” (2 Chron. 29:2) ?  The answer coming soon to JW Broadcasting​

Or if you can't wait click on this link

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbmw&issue=201510

Excellent! I wish you had the link for 2015 annual meeting and 139th Gilead graduation. If not, I'll keep on being patient then. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share this pic.  I had my tablet hooked up to my t.v. and I was watching the October broadcast on the t.v. while my cat decided to watch it on my tablet!  She sat there watching the broadcast for over a half hour!

post-4240-0-31823800-1445542220_thumb.jp

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D